• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

how to get rid of HGV (paid in full)

MAT

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGV
Hello,
I have a every other year 4,800 points with HGV. It's fully paid for and I want to get rid of it. We bought it Feb 2016. Can anyone advise on how to do this w/o A.) paying an attorney 3,000-5,000 B.) waiting 21 days for an automated email from HGV resale C.) I don't want to rent it. I GREATLY APPRECIATE ANY DIRECTION of where to start with my deed and such...

Jason245

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Hello,
I have a every other year 4,800 points with HGV. It's fully paid for and I want to get rid of it. We bought it Feb 2016. Can anyone advise on how to do this w/o A.) paying an attorney 3,000-5,000 B.) waiting 21 days for an automated email from HGV resale C.) I don't want to rent it. I GREATLY APPRECIATE ANY DIRECTION of where to start with my deed and such...

You can give it away on Tug if you want. Depending on what you have there are many people (possibly even including myself) who might be interested.

http://tugbbs.com/forums/index.php?threads/how-can-i-give-away-my-timeshare-on-tug.132509/

TUGBrian

Administrator
Reaction score
should be fairly easy to give away without paying money out of pocket....post the details in the bargain deals forum and im sure youll find a taker.

Reactions: MAT

rfc0001

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
DVC: SSR, PVB
HGVC: Kings' Land, Ocean Tower
Unlike most TSes, HGVC is actually worth something (around $1/point), so no need to give it away. You can list it and sell it through a broker, or sell it direct here on TUG.

presley

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
If you don't mind waiting months or a year for a buyer, you can list with a broker that we will recommend to you. You will want to list it for less than everything else they are selling for similar to get it sold quicker.

If you have no desire to wait, you can list it for free here. There's some work on your part to do that in order for the ownership to transfer. I'm always too lazy to do that I just go with a broker.

MAT

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGV
Unlike most TSes, HGVC is actually worth something (around $1/point), so no need to give it away. You can list it and sell it through a broker, or sell it direct here on TUG.
Thank you. I think to get rid of this soon as possible so I will look into please posted options.

GT75

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Legacy HGVC
FAVC-Cabo

coronacars

Reaction score
I don't see resale going for $1 a point. This is a myth. I just sold a 7000 point unit every year for $4k. I think that is a fair price. As HGVC keeps adding more units I think the price will continue to fall. If you are buying through a broker they might list at $1 point, but you can buy for less.

alwysonvac

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WORLDMARK, HGVC, VISTANA

SOLD (DVC, FSRC)
Hello,
Hi Mat,

Welcome to TUG.

If you're selling out of frustration then maybe we can help you learn how to use the system. HGVC has some nice upscale resorts. We might be able to help you at least take one or two trips before you give it away.

If you're selling due other reasons (i.e. unexpected medical or financial reasons), reach out to Seth who is one of the recommended brokers on TUG.

Panina

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Hgvc Anderson, Blue Ride Village Resort
I got 3400 points for free, just paid closing costs.

alwysonvac

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WORLDMARK, HGVC, VISTANA

SOLD (DVC, FSRC)
I don't see resale going for $1 a point. This is a myth. I just sold a 7000 point unit every year for $4k. I think that is a fair price. As HGVC keeps adding more units I think the price will continue to fall. If you are buying through a broker they might list at $1 point, but you can buy for less.

A HGVC developer built resort?

alwysonvac

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WORLDMARK, HGVC, VISTANA

SOLD (DVC, FSRC)

MAT

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGV
Hi, thank you for the response. Yeah, I thought mine would max at 3,000. I wasn't considering a broker, as I wanted to facilitate this myself. May I ask if you (seller) had to cover transfer and closing costs before the sale for $4,000?

GT75

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Legacy HGVC
FAVC-Cabo
Elara, a Hilton Grand Vacations Club
Las Vegas, Nevada Every other Year, 4,800 points

So 1 Br platinum EOY 4800 points with MF ~$1,038.96. Is that correct?

keen1988

Reaction score
floating (can be used at HGV or RCI)
Since it's every other year, even according to the $1/point guideline, it only worth 4800/2=$2400. If it'a a 1BR in a Plat season, it should worth something, but I would not expect as much as full $2400.

MAT

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGV
So 1 Br platinum EOY 4800 points with MF ~$1,038.96. Is that correct?
yes. you are correct. (those were 2016 MF, I am now quoted that the MF fee due is $860 (by Jan 1, 2018). We also have at least 1400 club points that can be carried over to 2018 in an RCI.

MAT

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGV
Since it's every other year, even according to the $1/point guideline, it only worth 4800/2=$2400. If it'a a 1BR in a Plat season, it should worth something, but I would not expect as much as full $2400.
I really appreciate that. And for that price, is seller paying the transfer/closing?

GT75

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Legacy HGVC
FAVC-Cabo
I really appreciate that. And for that price, is seller paying the transfer/closing?

Typically on HGVC, our properties are worth something, especially platinum season. And yes, the buyer would pay transfer/closing cost. It may be worth a little more than what @keen1988 stated but then it is also how fast you want to sell it. I haven't sold a TS so I am at the end of my knowledge. We have some brokers which can be recommended or others might be able to advise.

Panina

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Hgvc Anderson, Blue Ride Village Resort
thank you for the info. were the 3,400 points annual or every other year?
Annual, and it was offered on the tug bargain site

alwysonvac

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WORLDMARK, HGVC, VISTANA

SOLD (DVC, FSRC)