• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

hyatt beach house - opinions?

jmzf1958

TUG Member
Reaction score
Hi. I've got a two bedroom unit at the hyatt beach house on hold for an
exchange in mid-november of this year. Can anyone tell me anything about
the condition of the units and property overall? Some of the reviews weren't
very good. Also, how is the weather in November? Hurricanes over? Thanks.
Judy

philsfan

TUG Member
Reaction score
We were in Key West at the end of November and the weather was awesome. Crowds are low, too.

jmzf1958

TUG Member
Reaction score
Just thought I'd put this question out there again. Has anyone stayed at
the Hyatt Beach Club in Key West and what did you think of it overall?
Also, is a rental car necessary if I take this exchange? I traded with a
one bedroom Westgate Flamingo Bay, second week of March for a early
November week at the Hyatt Beach Club. Was this a good exchange? Thanks
again. Judy

riverdees05

TUG Member
Reaction score
My wife has stayed there twice and I have stayed once. It was in December and November and we enjoyed it. Not in the main part of the island, but that has it's advantages. We had a car and parking wasn't a problem. We were II exchangers and had nice units both times. We would and probably will stay there again in the future.

Darlene

TUG Member
Reaction score
We stayed there last spring break. I didn't like it. The units are nice, and the pool is okay ( a bit small). It just didn't have a resort feel. No restaraunt on the property, no exercise room either, no activites. There is NO beach there, just some sand they dumped on the dirt. You would not want to swim there. I would stay at the Hyatt on the east side of the island, or the one downtown if you like to be in the center of things.

Pit

TUG Member
Reaction score
I stayed at Beach House over New Years. The units were fine, not spectacular, but nice. I would not stay at Beach House without a rental car. It's too far away from everything else. Parking at the Beach House is not a problem. Parking around Duval Street can be a hassle, but probaby not too bad in Nov.

If you're looking for a nice beach, I suggest driving up to Bahia Honda park.

Last edited:

David10225

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Barony Beach
I would have to agree with all of the above. The units are fine...just below top tier. There is basically nothing to do on site. The trolley has a nearby stop if you want to visit downtown, but I would get a car. Speaking of which the parking at the resort I thought was kind of tight, although it was nice if you snagged one of those spots under the units.

Floridaski

TUG Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Hyatt
Beach House is rated 8.45 on Tug

Ok, some folks do not care for the Hyatt Beach House. But, it is rated 8.45 in the Tug review section. So, obviously quite a few folks think it is very nice. It is the Keys, the vacation experience in the Keys in general is very laid back. Even at the Hyatt property in town (Sunset Harbor) is very low key. None of the Hyatt timeshares in Key West have resort type of activities or onsite restaurants. This is the Keys and it is a very unique vacation experience, but that does not mean everybody wants to go there.

If you are looking for a resort type of environment, I would try the Hyatt in Bonita Springs. If you are looking for a quiet, peaceful vacation in a beautiful area you will enjoy your vacation. Most folks would take an exchange to any Hyatt property and feel very good about it. But, perhaps it is not the right exchange for you.

It would be very unlikely for you to get a Sunset Harbor exchange.

Last edited:

Kelsie

TUG Member
Reaction score
Hyatt Beach House Key West

At one time we owned 3 weeks at the Hyatt Beach House in Key West. One of our units overlooked the Gulf of Mexico and was quite beautiful. We loved the Beach House and how we were able to effectively stay at Sunset Harbor on a split week and go to the BH for an entire week. We had the best of both worlds the peacefulness of the other side of the Island at the BH, and Mallory Square right outside our door at SH. It truly depends on what you want to do on vacation, in KW you can spend as little or as much as you want, it is as laid back or as crazy as you want to make it.
We have since sold 2 of our weeks and gave one to our daughter who uses it to trade for skiing in Tahoe, next month she is going to Disney. Our experience was totally positive and we are happy we made the Hyatt choice.

MaryH

TUG Member
Reaction score
I was there 2 years ago in mid-Dec and will be going there Oct 5-12. Last time I had a near to end unit in F and I think I also have an end unit next month.

2 years ago, the units were nice enough with some small wear and tear so no complaints. The screened in balcony was nice but it is very much a laid back type of vacation and not a resort in the traditional sense. I would think it would be difficult to stay at the Beach House without a car.

Last edited: