• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Hyatt Coconut Plantation Country Club Membership?

Reaction score
My family and I live only 30 minutes from the Hyatt Coconut Plantation. We have been going there almost since it has been built as guests. We have sat through a few of the sales presentations but the Hyatt prices compared to the secondary market are pretty high. I have a friend who is an owner that told me he has a "Country Club" membership. With an annual fee he has passes for his family to use the facilities on a daily basis like the pools, workout room etc. I was told by a Hyatt sales rep that this is only an option if you buy from them. I've contacted a few secondary market realtors who couldn't give me an answer if this was available if I purchased through them. This added feature would be great since we live so close to the property. I have gotten to know a few owners locally who use this option as well. If anyone has any additional information on this I would greatly appreciate it.

alexadeparis

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Not sure specifically about Hyatt, but other units that come with "Day use" in other systems, this usually transfers with resale from what I have read here.

rapmarks

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
My family and I live only 30 minutes from the Hyatt Coconut Plantation. We have been going there almost since it has been built as guests. We have sat through a few of the sales presentations but the Hyatt prices compared to the secondary market are pretty high. I have a friend who is an owner that told me he has a "Country Club" membership. With an annual fee he has passes for his family to use the facilities on a daily basis like the pools, workout room etc. I was told by a Hyatt sales rep that this is only an option if you buy from them. I've contacted a few secondary market realtors who couldn't give me an answer if this was available if I purchased through them. This added feature would be great since we live so close to the property. I have gotten to know a few owners locally who use this option as well. If anyone has any additional information on this I would greatly appreciate it.

Curious where you live, we live In Estero, would like to know the answer to your question

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Reaction score
We live in Cape Coral. I have actually sat through two Sales pitches at the resort. Both times i asked about the "daily use" or club membership and was told it was only available if the timeshare was purchased through them. I haven't met any owners yet that have bought on the secondary market and have this option. I do know there is an additional annual fee to enjoy this. I'm gonna try and get more information from a friend who is a current owner. I will post anything i find out.

Reaction score
Will I be treated differently since I'm not buying directly from the developer?
I saw this question asked in another forum. "The resort employees never know where you bought your timeshare and therefore, treat you as wonderfully as an 'original' owner. All rights and privileges granted to the original buyer are usually transferred to the purchaser of a resale property."

The salesperson said they have computer access to god knows what that would tell them if the timeshare was bought from them or a third party broker. Thus i would be denied the "day use" availability. Not sure who's blowing smoke around their.

bdh

TUG Member
Reaction score
Will I be treated differently since I'm not buying directly from the developer?
I saw this question asked in another forum. "The resort employees never know where you bought your timeshare and therefore, treat you as wonderfully as an 'original' owner. All rights and privileges granted to the original buyer are usually transferred to the purchaser of a resale property."

The salesperson said they have computer access to god knows what that would tell them if the timeshare was bought from them or a third party broker. Thus i would be denied the "day use" availability. Not sure who's blowing smoke around their.

The front desk and concierge do have access to a guest's info - and it will list if the purchase was developer or resale. That said, the staff at individual HRC resorts do not check the computer and adjust how the treat guests by how they purchased.

Regarding the day use topic. I know some HRC properties do not have day use regardless of the purchase type (developer or secondary). I'd suggest calling the front desk at HCP to verify the correct scenario at HCP as salesman frequently provide "inaccurate" information.

alexadeparis

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
I purchased almost all of my units resale, and aside from a Wyndham sales person making a rude comment in a sales presentation (because I refused to buy retail), I have never had any day to day staff at any of my ownerships treat me as though I was different for buying resale. My thoughts, based on my experiences, are that 99.9999% of front of the house staff don't know or CARE to know whether an owner is a retail, resale or inheritance, whatever. In fact, most of the time, all they "know" is that you own in the system. Example: at the South Seas Resort, they told me "welcome back", even though I had never been there before. I made a remark that I don't own here, and they said "it shows you are an owner". They didn't delve into the nuances of where I owned (Bay Club), how I acquired it (resale through ebay), how much I paid ($1), etc. So I don't think it would be any different with Hyatt. Maybe for the purpose of marking the account with a day pass it would make a difference, but even then, who knows until you call and ask?

taffy19

Reaction score
I would start a private conversation with Kal as he knows the Hyatt system very well. He also has a website that you may like to look at.

Many threads have been started by him so you will spot his username immediately. Click on his avatar and you can start a conversation. He may also answer your question here when he reads it.

Kal

TUG Member
Reaction score
I sent you a private message with contact information about the issue. She will know.