• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Hyatt - Even Years borrow? 2000 points enough? Diamond?

ginah777

TUG Member
Reaction score
After looking at other Hyatt posts, I have questions. The Hyatt TS I am considering is 2K points. It looks like the charts read that the Hyatt in Hawaii requires 2200 points. I have had a hard time finding a Hyatt with 2200 points. There are different websites with conflicting point requirements.
- Does anyone know the most current website to find exchange points for Hawaii?

Second, the TS is even-year and not annual. If I want to buy more points from future years (to stay in Hawaii), does Hyatt allow me to buy from two-years from now?

Third, the Hyatt chart displays that Hyatt Hawaii is all diamond. The Hyatt TS I am considering is platinum. Does that mean I cannot stay in Hawaii since it is 52 weeks diamond?

Thank you.

alwysonvac

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WORLDMARK, HGVC, VISTANA

SOLD (DVC, FSRC)
Take the time to research before buying to avoid disappointment

You should post Hyatt questions on the "All Other Timeshare Systems" forum - http://www.tugbbs.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=30
Perhaps a TUG Moderator will move your thread.

See TUG member Kal's site for Hyatt information - http://www.bywindkal.com/HVC.htm
For example, he has a link to
The 2015 Club Rules - http://www.bywindkal.com/Hyatt/hrc_rules_regs.pdf
Hyatt 2015 Point Chart - http://www.bywindkal.com/Hyatt/HRCPointsChart_2015.pdf

From the Club Rules

3.5 Borrowing Club Points. A Club Member may Borrow all or a portion of the Member’s Club Points from the succeeding Reservation Window for use in connection with the current Reservation Window, but only to reserve an available Week or Split Week within sixty (60) days prior to the first day of use of the desired Week or Split Week. The Borrowing of Club Points is also subject to the following restrictions:
a. A Club Member may not Borrow Club Points to make a reservation through the External Exchange Program or any Special Exchange Program.
b. Failure of a Club Member to use any Borrowed Club Points during a given Reservation Window will not result in the expiration of those Club Points; the unused Borrowed Club Points will carry over for use in the Reservation Window from which they were originally Borrowed.
c. If a Club Member intends to Borrow all or a portion of the Club Points from the Member’s next Reservation Window, the Member must first pay the total estimated Home Resort maintenance fees and taxes for the following Reservation Window in accordance with the Club Member’s Resort Agreement, which will escrow such estimated fees and taxes for the benefit of the Home Resort Managing Entity or the Member in accordance with applicable law.
d. HRG reserves the right to prohibit a Club Member from Borrowing Club Points during the first two (2) years of the term of any purchase-money financing related to the Member’s Timeshare Interest.
e. A Club Member also will not be permitted to Borrow Club Points during a given Reservation Window if the Member is delinquent in the payment of the Member’s Club Dues, Home Resort maintenance fees and taxes, or purchase-money note payments.
f. HRG reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to suspend Borrowing activity at any time, and from time to time, if HRG, in its reasonable business judgment, determines that such suspension will result in an improvement in the quality and operation of the Club and will further the collective enjoyment of the use of the Club by present and future Club Members as a whole.
g. A Club Member who owns a Biennial Timeshare Interest may not Borrow Club Points with respect to that Biennial Timeshare Interest.

JMHO... I won't buy Hyatt for access to their Maui resort unless you can travel anytime during the year whenever availability appears. They sold fixed week intervals so it might be harder to find availability if you have restricted travel dates (for example can only travel during school holidays/breaks).

Last edited:

optimist

TUG Member
Reaction score
I used to own Hyatt. It's a use it or lose it system that does not allow you to bank points. You would have a hard time combining your points to accumulate enough for Hawaii.
If you want to go to Hawaii, Hyatt is not a good system. That is why I sold mine even though I had 2200 points.

Tucsonadventurer

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Hyatt Pinon Pointe, Hyatt Beach House, Westin Kierland
Westin may be a better bet if you want to use in Hawaii. We are hoping to get a 4 day in Maui or a 1 week in a 1 bedroom with our Hyatt 2000 pts.. Our 2 weeks in Hyatt are 3 months apart so we may be able to get a 1 week in a 2 bedroom by combining points, (our other unit is 1800) but not very likely . The folks we spoke to that own with Westin seem to get into Hawaii more routinely plus Westin has more properties there. If we buy a 3rd week, I woulod go with Westin myself. We are considering it. By the way the name has changed to Vistana

SunandFun83

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott: Canyon Villas, Grande Vista, Ocean Pointe
Hyatt: Coconut Plantation, Hyatt Pinion Point
Why not join the forum do people can contact you privately. I know lots of ways to find 2,200 points. Don't know why you are having a problem.

lizap

TUG Member
Reaction score
Westin may be a better bet if you want to use in Hawaii. We are hoping to get a 4 day in Maui or a 1 week in a 1 bedroom with our Hyatt 2000 pts.. Our 2 weeks in Hyatt are 3 months apart so we may be able to get a 1 week in a 2 bedroom by combining points, (our other unit is 1800) but not very likely . The folks we spoke to that own with Westin seem to get into Hawaii more routinely plus Westin has more properties there. If we buy a 3rd week, I woulod go with Westin myself. We are considering it. By the way the name has changed to Vistana

I can vouch for this. It is relatively easy for us to get into Westin resorts in Hawaii, but very difficult to get into the Hyatt. I have a request in for the Hyatt next spring, but I doubt we get it so I'm booking a Westin for the same time. I will cancel the Westin if we get it, but I'm not hopeful.

NWTRVLRS

TUG Member
Reaction score
We are in the HRC Maui right now... did a trade in, but it is off season and we had the request in for some time :)

lizap

TUG Member
Reaction score
We are in the HRC Maui right now... did a trade in, but it is off season and we had the request in for some time :)

Are you there for a week? I have seen some available partial weeks from time to time? How long to did you have your request in?

NWTRVLRS

TUG Member
Reaction score
Yes, here for the week in a 1 bedroom mountain view... I want to say that we had the request in for about 4-5 months... and we had a very large date-range, as we were pretty flexible... the request came through last April, the day our points became available in Sedona for the year :)