• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Hyatt Pure Points Program

taffy19

Reaction score
While only a small percentage, yes, there are floating weeks sold at a few resorts, in specific seasons only. (I don't know if there is a list anywhere which details where these have been sold)
We we were in Carmel in May 2014 and attended a sales presentation. I remember that they offered us our unit because we liked our view from the 1 BR condo #318 but the week was floating. It was called Platinum and not Diamond. It was definitely not a fixed week as I was so surprised to hear this.

It must have been fall season or an in between season because we could never go to Carmel from December to mid April and the summer weeks were Platinum or holiday weeks.

I am positive that it was a deeded week. I wonder how they are selling the left-over weeks now at this resort? I still have all the notes from the presentation.

Last edited:

stover33

TUG Member
Reaction score
If they are basing it on the Marriott program, what did they charge them to join the points program. A while back at an owners update they were going to charge an outrageous amount just to change a resale week to be eligible for hotel points. I am imagining the fee to join PP to be something ridiculous.

Just out of curiosity... does Hyatt currently offer the ability for resale owners to purchase the right to use the Hyatt hotel passport points exchange program? Or was this something they were just discussing for the future?

Also, if resale owners buy into the Pure Points program, will that allow them to participate in Hyatt gold passport?

sts1732

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Sunset Harbor Key, west
Pinion pointe Sedona, az.
kal may be better suited to speak to your question, but as I understand it with the new changes for 2017, the answer is NO. I know for sure the hotel option is not offered to resale, and some what sure neither is gold passport. The hotel was never really an option for us as you needed at least 25,000 points to get a room, or more depending on what hotel and where. I can't speak to the offerings in "points program" as I don't intend to become part of it. I'll keep my deeded weeks............;)

Cropman

TUG Member
Reaction score
Was reading on a Facebook group that someone was staying at Coconut Plantation and was given the pitch for the new points program. Said it 'had to many avenues' to give all the details. But also said they were told the program became available last Wednesday.

ResaleExpert

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Hyatt Beach House 2 diamond weeks
Hyatt Windward Pointe 2 diamond weeks
Hyatt Wild Oak Ranch week 26
Hyatt Pinon Pointe Sold
Hyatt High Sierra Lodge Sold
Hyatt Coconut Cove Sold
Marriott Royal Palms 35 year
Sands of Kahana fractional (sold)
Was reading on a Facebook group that someone was staying at Coconut Plantation and was given the pitch for the new points program. Said it 'had to many avenues' to give all the details. But also said they were told the program became available last Wednesday.
I heard a similar report yesterday. Starting in Florida the perhaps TX and AZ. Heard Highlands not for a year but not sure if due to CA approval or?

Tucsonadventurer

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Hyatt Pinon Pointe, Hyatt Beach House, Westin Kierland
I heard a similar report yesterday. Starting in Florida the perhaps TX and AZ. Heard Highlands not for a year but not sure if due to CA approval or?
I have heard that Hawaii, AZ and CA are not getting the program due to state laws and that they were starting in Florida but I'm sure more info will be forthcoming soon

taffy19

Reaction score
I believe that you are right, lizap.

What they offered us in May 2014 was a fixed unit but a floating week and that was different from the way it used to be as far as I know from reading the history here. I posted about it in post #251 but see now that I have to make a correction that I can no longer do.

I got the paperwork out that they left with us to think it over an additional day. They were extremely busy because they were breaking the news to the owners, who were there that week, that ILG had bought the Hyatt Residence Club. Owners as well as the staff were all very upset. Everyone was talking about it together everywhere (staff and guests).

The prices were quoted for Platinum and for Diamond. Platinum and Diamond are seasons with the Hyatt program instead of fixed weeks before. I remember that the only weeks we could use it were a few weeks in November and it may have been May too but not sure anymore as that is also an in between time when school is in session. California has "May Gray" on the coast so we would never vacation on the coast during that time of the year and not even in Southern California either.

I will ask Kal if I may email him a copy of the sheet so he can figure it out but it says on the top "Club Points 2,200, GP Points 90,000". There are other figures too and I have forgotten what they all mean.

We we were in Carmel in May 2014 and attended a sales presentation. I remember that they offered us our unit because we liked our view from the 1 BR condo #318 but the week was floating. It was called Platinum and not Diamond. It was definitely not a fixed week as I was so surprised to hear this.

It must have been fall season or an in between season because we could never go to Carmel from December to mid April and the summer weeks were Platinum or holiday weeks.

I am positive that it was a deeded week. I wonder how they are selling the left-over weeks now at this resort? I still have all the notes from the presentation.

The summer weeks have to be diamond too and not platinum like I posted. I know that we own in the diamond season at the Hyatt Ka'anapali but a floating condo so the other way around.

I still prefer a simple fixed week/unit so I know what I own and when I can go and there is no worry about it.

Kal

TUG Member
Reaction score
Latest Information on the PPP -
Here is the "Public Offering" on the Hyatt Vacation Ownership Plan: http://www.bywindkal.com/HVOPLAN3.pdf

FYI, other Tuggers have reported some pricing information:
- Joining the PPP requires your owned unit/week plus $7,800. That gets you an additional minimum of 400 points.
- If you provide a resale week, the price for a Coconut unit is $12,500.

Thoughts? Whatadeal!

Last edited:

ResaleExpert

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Hyatt Pinon Pointe Sold
Hyatt Coconut Cove Sold
Latest Information on the PPP -
Here is the "Public Offering" on the Hyatt Vacation Ownership Plan: http://www.bywindkal.com/Hyatt/HVO/HVO_PLAN_3.pdf.

FYI, other Tuggers have reported some pricing information:
- Joining the PPP requires your owned unit/week plus $7,800. That gets you an additional minimum of 400 points.
- If you provide a resale week, the price for a Coconut unit is $12,500.

Thoughts? Whatadeal!

KAL, the link did not work; could you review and post again? Thanks

IF you provide a resale week is it $7,800 plus you get the points in that season? Example; Gold week at 1,880 given back then $7,800 for 400 more points = 1,880 points for your return plus 400 for $7,800 = 2,280 points? Wonder what the dues will be as likely a dues amount based PER POINT, so likely much higher than most fixed weeks.
Also heard $17.50 per point just to buy, so above is $19.50 per point for the 400.

Wonder what season the $12,500 for a Coconut unit is the value?

Looking forward to hearing more; the more I hear, the more I believe in Hyatt deeded weeks!

taffy19

Reaction score
Kal, I get the following error code. Your website must not be online at this moment.

Error 404 - Not Found
The document you are looking for may have been removed or re-named. Please contact the web site owner for further assistance.

Kal

TUG Member
Reaction score
Kal, I get the following error code. Your website must not be online at this moment.

Error 404 - Not Found
The document you are looking for may have been removed or re-named. Please contact the web site owner for further assistance.
I changed the link, try it again.

taffy19

Reaction score
Yes, it works and I am going to read it. Thank you for all you do.

sts1732

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Sunset Harbor Key, west
First off thanks Kal, for the info. IN reading thru the attachment, it gave new meaning to "DEEDED" weeks. I'm to old to be in the pool that big. Also with the number of points min. in your previous post, yer right............whata deal o_O
the one thing I found interesting in reading thru was the following, I quote " The Trust Association Manager shall have the right to forecast anticipated reservation and use of the Accommodations of the Vacation Ownership plan and is authorized to reasonably reserve, deposit, or rent the Accommodations for the purpose of facilitating the use or future use of the Accommodations or other benefits made available through the Vacation Ownership Plan. Reservation Services Operator may change the Reservation Rules and Regulations from time to time in accordance with the Reservation Rules and Regulations and as set forth in the Reservation Services Agreement".
Guess that means that not only are the members in the pool, but HVGG has a even bigger presence........... and it would appear the ability to deny a reservation on given dates if they can make more money. I know they always have this ability, but in reading at another point they made the declaration of "certain dates", unless I'm tragically confused. Sounds like a deal to me..............great !! I'm glad I hung onto pinion pointe and az. laws.

Cropman

TUG Member
Reaction score
e. Description of the Developer Guarantee of the Level of Assessments. Trust Developer guarantees to each Owner, through December 31, 2017, that the total annual Assessment will not exceed $0.9314 per Ownership Point for Vacation Ownership Interests. The amount of the total annual Assessment is set by the Trust Association, which is controlled by the Trust Developer during the Class B Control Period. The amount of the total annual Assessment guarantee is not an arms-length, negotiated determination. So long as the total expenditures are below this guarantee set by Trust Developer and the Trust Association, the Trust Developer shall be excused from the payment of its share of the Trust Association Expenses which otherwise would have been assessed against the unsold Ownership Points which are part of its Vacation Ownership Interest during the term of the guarantee.

Nice, if I read this properly, they can charge 93 cents per point for this year for MF and Hyatt won't have to pay anything on the points they own. Why do I think this could get ugly for point holders?

Any TUGers going to jump on board? Also I can't wait to see the addendums/exhibits that show the different levels and benefits.

Kal

TUG Member
Reaction score
e. Description of the Developer Guarantee of the Level of Assessments. Trust Developer guarantees to each Owner, through December 31, 2017, that the total annual Assessment will not exceed $0.9314 per Ownership Point for Vacation Ownership Interests. The amount of the total annual Assessment is set by the Trust Association, which is controlled by the Trust Developer during the Class B Control Period. The amount of the total annual Assessment guarantee is not an arms-length, negotiated determination. So long as the total expenditures are below this guarantee set by Trust Developer and the Trust Association, the Trust Developer shall be excused from the payment of its share of the Trust Association Expenses which otherwise would have been assessed against the unsold Ownership Points which are part of its Vacation Ownership Interest during the term of the guarantee.

Nice, if I read this properly, they can charge 93 cents per point for this year for MF and Hyatt won't have to pay anything on the points they own. Why do I think this could get ugly for point holders?

Any TUGers going to jump on board? Also I can't wait to see the addendums/exhibits that show the different levels and benefits.
ASSUMING the points system is the same as that of the HRC, a person entering the PPP with a 2200 point unit has to buy 400 more points. The total would be 2600 points. At $0.9314 that makes the MF = $2,421. Then too, if Hyatt doesn't have to pay MF for unsold units, after 2017 the MF could be higher! And the 2017 special MF deal ends in <7 months.

I can only imagine what hoops the hucksters will have to go thru to peddle this program to uninformed newbies.

ResaleExpert

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Hyatt Pinon Pointe Sold
Hyatt Coconut Cove Sold
Hyatt sales representatives will have to go through the same hoops they just went through trying to convince prospects last month to buy the deeded week (AT Developer prices) before they went to Points! Now is the reverse for them to try to 'sell the sizzle'...
With the choices on all the rental sites and the current prices for resales it truly is buyer beware.
Then wait until they try to sell these points in a few years; Marriott points are such a commodity that seller's are getting about 10% back, if that. Not sure how long the developers can find 'first time' people to sign up then hope they do not do any research on TUG prior to the cancel dates. Looking forward to this journey to see how this plays out. I'm certainly selling more than taking new listings for Hyatt as I think the word is out for many that now is the time to consider a higher season deeded week. Still quite a few low seasons out there now at least.

bdh

TUG Member
Reaction score
ASSUMING the points system is the same as that of the HRC, a person entering the PPP with a 2200 point unit has to buy 400 more points. The total would be 2600 points. At $0.9314 that makes the MF = $2,421. Then too, if Hyatt doesn't have to pay MF for unsold units, after 2017 the MF could be higher! And the 2017 special MF deal ends in <7 months.

I can only imagine what hoops the hucksters will have to go thru to peddle this program to uninformed newbies.

The more you read the Public Offering, the worse the rules get for a PPP owner - and the fewer and fewer HRC legacy owners will be enticed to buy into the PPP.

heathpack

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Hyatt High Sierra and Highland Inn
Disney’s Grand Californian and Hilton Head Island
Marriott Barony Beach and Mountainside
MVC Points
Sheraton Broadway Plantation
I'm away at a conference and don't have tons of spare time, eventually will read the document. But for now: does it provide a summary of the new PPP? If so, can anyone provide thebCliffs Note version?

sts1732

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Sunset Harbor Key, west
Another thing I found interesting , is that they actually spelled out that it is owned by HVGG, and they have the right by license to use the Hyatt name. I wonder how long that will last when things get uglier......

"HVGG is an independent entity and is not an affiliate of Hyatt Corporation. HVGG and its affiliates use the Hyatt marks under license from Hyatt Corporation and its affiliate, and the right to use such marks shall cease if such license expires or is revoked or terminated. Hyatt Corporation and its affiliates make no representations, warranties, or guaranties, express or implied, with respect to the information contained in this Public Offering Statement, any offering documents or with respect to the HPC Club program or the Hyatt Residence Club program".

ivywag

TUG Member
Reaction score
FYI- The HRC Highlands Inn documents (and probably others) exempt the developer from paying dues on unsold units. I've asked multiple times if he pays and have always been told that he does, but the personnel at the resort probably don't really know. They always seem surprised by the question. Just wanted everyone to know that it's not a new concept.

Regarding HPP, the document that is of most interest to me is the Exchange Agreement referenced in the Public Offering. That should tell us if we're going to lose our priority for reservations within HRC and if the Points folks will have access to the HRC inventory.

Kal

TUG Member
Reaction score
A few comments on the "Plan":
  • The entity is called HPC Club (no definition of HPC is provided)
  • The reservation manager is called HV Global Group (HVGG) and applies to both HRC and HPC Club
  • The 3 Executives of HVGG are the same as those of the HRC
  • Tier levels in the HPC are Elite, Premier, Executive, Classic and Non-authorized Resale
  • HPC Developer can rent out unsold inventory
  • HVGG can use the units for exchange, promotional, rental and any other use they desire
  • If expenses are below a guaranteed amount, the Developer is excused from annual dues on unsold inventory
  • There could be a fee of at least $150 involving ROFR decisions

Kal

TUG Member
Reaction score
Another thing I found interesting , is that they actually spelled out that it is owned by HVGG, and they have the right by license to use the Hyatt name. I wonder how long that will last when things get uglier......

"HVGG is an independent entity and is not an affiliate of Hyatt Corporation. HVGG and its affiliates use the Hyatt marks under license from Hyatt Corporation and its affiliate, and the right to use such marks shall cease if such license expires or is revoked or terminated. Hyatt Corporation and its affiliates make no representations, warranties, or guaranties, express or implied, with respect to the information contained in this Public Offering Statement, any offering documents or with respect to the HPC Club program or the Hyatt Residence Club program".
True, that condition started when ILG purchased the Hyatt Residence Club. ILG is renting the Hyatt name. Hyatt has NO INVOLVEMENT except to bank the brand rental proceeds.

sts1732

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Sunset Harbor Key, west
Kal, To your point of, "HVGG can use the units for exchange, promotional, rental and any other use they desire" As I was going thru it appeared or seemed to me that they could by either blocking out dates, or limiting split weeks at opportune times. They could "rent" units, weeks, days at a inflated rate to compensate or increase cash flow. Am I reading to much into that ? I realize they had always done that, as far as renting "unused" inventory, but this blocking thing...........o_O