• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Hyatt Pure Points Program

lizap

TUG Member
Reaction score
I am still waiting on the 'official' announcement from ILG to legacy owners that will detail our options. I suspect very few of us will be motivated to exchange...still a lot of unknowns.

Tucsonadventurer

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Hyatt Pinon Pointe, Hyatt Beach House, Westin Kierland
I am confused. Besides Hawaii are there other states that won't be in the Points Program?

sts1732

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Sunset Harbor Key, west
Pinion pointe Sedona, az.
I am confused. Besides Hawaii are there other states that won't be in the Points Program?
As I understand it, at this time because of AZ. state law, pinion pointe will not be part of it(pp program). There was legal issues involving the PP program, and I have not heard of a conclusion yet. In looking thru the new rules regarding HRC and HPC, pinion pointe one that does not have a termination date. I take that as a good sign(fingers crossed).

Cropman

TUG Member
Reaction score
The sale, lease, or transfer of Vacation Ownership Interests in this multisite Vacation Ownership Plan is restricted or controlled.

Generally, an Owner should expect substantial competition from the Trust Developer and should expect no established resale market if an Owner desires to resell a Vacation Ownership Interest.

Geez, these two statements make me want to spend $40k for a week. Ahhh, what the heck,may I please have two Diamond weeks worth of points please?

Kal

TUG Member
Reaction score
The sale, lease, or transfer of Vacation Ownership Interests in this multisite Vacation Ownership Plan is restricted or controlled.

Generally, an Owner should expect substantial competition from the Trust Developer and should expect no established resale market if an Owner desires to resell a Vacation Ownership Interest.

Geez, these two statements make me want to spend $40k for a week. Ahhh, what the heck,may I please have two Diamond weeks worth of points please?
They seem to be saying is this is not real property but simply points. The inference is you can't sell points. Once you're in, you are in and they will come after you if you stop paying dues @ 18% interest.

I would love to go to a presentation as a newbie off the street. But then they will ask for ID and quickly find I am a HRC owner. Even then I would say I don't want to surrender my weeks, but rather buy in straight up. That of course would twist their tail a bit as they would have to come clean. All's left is the sizzle and a boat load of $$$$$.

lizap

TUG Member
Reaction score

I don't know where it now stands, but Pinion Pointe was originally included in PPP. Hawaii, Breckinridge, and the Beaver Creek resorts are not in PPP.

Reaction score
They seem to be saying is this is not real property but simply points. The inference is you can't sell points. Once you're in, you are in and they will come after you if you stop paying dues @ 18% interest.

I would love to go to a presentation as a newbie off the street. But then they will ask for ID and quickly find I am a HRC owner. Even then I would say I don't want to surrender my weeks, but rather buy in straight up. That of course would twist their tail a bit as they would have to come clean. All's left is the sizzle and a boat load of $$$$$.

show up as a newbie and say you forgot your ID or feel uncomfortable giving it up for a tour

Tucsonadventurer

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
I don't know where it now stands, but Pinion Pointe was originally included in PPP. Hawaii, Breckinridge, and the Beaver Creek resorts are not in PPP.
I can't imagine Sierra Keys in it either as fractional ownership.

WalnutBaron

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Hyatt Highlands Inn, Hyatt Pinon Pointe
While there are still a lot of additional details to be released before we fully understand what HRP entails and what it means to HRC owners, one thing that is clear now is that HRP has been created with one goal in mind: profit maximization, to the detriment of HRP owners. Those owners will be locked into a system where the developer will be competing with them on potential rentals, will be actively creating a negative resale environment, and will be aggressively raising MF's after the short guaranteed rate (which is much higher than what most HRC owners currently pay) expires.

The most ominous thing I see for us HRC owners is the new status tiers created, and the fact that we all fit into the lowest rung--"Non-Authorized Resale Owner". There is no clarification for what this means. If it means we have no status within HRP, I have no problem with that. If, on the other hand, it means that HGVV is going to attempt to breach HRC (legacy) owners' rights within the HRC network, they are going to have a huge fight on their hands.

lizap

TUG Member
Reaction score
While there are still a lot of additional details to be released before we fully understand what HRP entails and what it means to HRC owners, one thing that is clear now is that HRP has been created with one goal in mind: profit maximization, to the detriment of HRP owners. Those owners will be locked into a system where the developer will be competing with them on potential rentals, will be actively creating a negative resale environment, and will be aggressively raising MF's after the short guaranteed rate (which is much higher than what most HRC owners currently pay) expires.

The most ominous thing I see for us HRC owners is the new status tiers created, and the fact that we all fit into the lowest rung--"Non-Authorized Resale Owner". There is no clarification for what this means. If it means we have no status within HRP, I have no problem with that. If, on the other hand, it means that HGVV is going to attempt to breach HRC (legacy) owners' rights within the HRC network, they are going to have a huge fight on their hands.

Isn't everything eventually a resale when original owners decide to sell (unless ROFR is exercised)?

Kal

TUG Member
Reaction score
Isn't everything eventually a resale when original owners decide to sell (unless ROFR is exercised)?
If the unit is sold thru a firm "authorized by Hyatt", then it's a proper resale. Or if an owner contracts with Hyatt to sell their unit, then that's an acceptable sale. If Hyatt doesn't get a cut of the deal, then it's BAD.

Sapper

Tug Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Member
Reaction score
Per the definition of "non authorized resale", it only states "HPC", not HRC. Because they specifically leave out the HRC, I do not see this impacting us (current owners in the HRC), but absolutely impacting future owners in HPC. I see this as the developers means to reduce future competition in the resale market.

Also, the Hawaii, Siesta Key, 2 @ Beaver Creek, Breckenridge, North Star, and Puerto Rico properties do not seem to be included at the current time. However, that may change in the future.

One odd thing, on the first page of the document, it was stored under "Westin" on someone's G drive.

Kal

TUG Member
Reaction score
I find it interesting that the specific names of officers are included in the rules. Very odd as one would normally expect it would include just the title of applicable officers. It's almost like a power grab (or job security) where the rules would have to be changed if someone leaves the position.

Tucsonadventurer

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Per the definition of "non authorized resale", it only states "HPC", not HRC. Because they specifically leave out the HRC, I do not see this impacting us (current owners in the HRC), but absolutely impacting future owners in HPC. I see this as the developers means to reduce future competition in the resale market.

Also, the Hawaii, Siesta Key, 2 @ Beaver Creek, Breckenridge, North Star, and Puerto Rico properties do not seem to be included at the current time. However, that may change in the future.

One odd thing, on the first page of the document, it was stored under "Westin" on someone's G drive.
That leaves out 7 properties which means they will need to add at least that Many.At one point there was talk of including some Westin. Any rumors on new properties besides Aruba?

heathpack

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Hyatt High Sierra and Highland Inn
Disney’s Grand Californian and Hilton Head Island
Marriott Barony Beach and Mountainside
MVC Points
Sheraton Broadway Plantation
That leaves out 7 properties which means they will need to add at least that Many.At one point there was talk of including some Westin. Any rumors on new properties besides Aruba?

Why do they need to add any resorts? I don't follow your logic. If they sell points with access to N-7 resorts and people buy into that, it's all good.

heathpack

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
MVC Points
BTW.

Yesterday my exchange request came through for a 2BR unit, 4 night stay at Highlands Inn. March, which is a beautifully vibrant green week to be in Carmel.

I was noodling around the HRC website and there's a weirdly nice amount of inventory available right now: full weeks at Kaanapali, Sunset Harbor. Some nice Sept Aspen and Tahoe weeks. More than usual.

Tucsonadventurer

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Why do they need to add any resorts? I don't follow your logic. If they sell points with access to N-7 resorts and people buy into that, it's all good.
I can't imagine that would entice new folks with such a limited pool but who knows

Pathways

TUG Member
Reaction score

I can't imagine that would entice new folks with such a limited pool but who knows

Maybe he is saying 'It's all good' as in "they won't make many sales, so it won't take much away from the HRC owners"

DAman

TUG Member
Reaction score
BTW.

Yesterday my exchange request came through for a 2BR unit, 4 night stay at Highlands Inn. March, which is a beautifully vibrant green week to be in Carmel.

I was noodling around the HRC website and there's a weirdly nice amount of inventory available right now: full weeks at Kaanapali, Sunset Harbor. Some nice Sept Aspen and Tahoe weeks. More than usual.

Lucky you. We just returned from a quick two night stay at H Inn. I love June gloom in Carmel. Ok I love Carmel. I'm keeping my eye on two bedroom units for next June.

WalnutBaron

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Hyatt Highlands Inn, Hyatt Pinon Pointe
As you're probably aware, there are only a handful of 2BR units at Highlands Inn. You could be waiting a long time for that one.

heathpack

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
MVC Points
As you're probably aware, there are only a handful of 2BR units at Highlands Inn. You could be waiting a long time for that one.

The interesting thing is: I've heard people say this before, so I never requested a 2BR unit, I thought they'd be too hard to get.

But I put in my exchange request around a month ago, and just got my new set of points a week ago and then: match.

Maybe June is more popular than March, certainly the points charts would suggest so. But the only time I ever stayed at Highlands Inn in summer, it was in the 50s and we had SoCal clothes. It wasn't that great IMO.

For various logistical life reasons, Feb/March/April works well for us and the lush green-ness of the area always amazes us!

DAman

TUG Member
Reaction score

There are five two bedroom units at Highlands Inn.

You never know at six months what will show up in the inventory. I got a two bedroom for early August a couple years ago. I'm always looking as it is my wife's favorite.