• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Hyatt Pure Points Program

WalnutBaron

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Hyatt Highlands Inn, Hyatt Pinon Pointe
The interesting thing is: I've heard people say this before, so I never requested a 2BR unit, I thought they'd be too hard to get.

But I put in my exchange request around a month ago, and just got my new set of points a week ago and then: match.

Maybe June is more popular than March, certainly the points charts would suggest so. But the only time I ever stayed at Highlands Inn in summer, it was in the 50s and we had SoCal clothes. It wasn't that great IMO.

For various logistical life reasons, Feb/March/April works well for us and the lush green-ness of the area always amazes us!
Yes, I'm an owner there and absolutely love it. We have a Week 18 full ocean view unit which usually falls in the first of May. Absolutely gorgeous and just a treat to be in that lovely part of the world during that time of year. And even though it's mid-Spring, we always bring our sweatshirts and light jackets as the 50's are pretty standard. But we love it.

Reaction score
I did a quick mini visit to Hyatt Coconut Plantation and they mentioned the points system is very new and that is what they are trying to sell. They have only 3 building built 14 years ago and they have a nice scale model of all the future buildings. Honestly, I am not sure the demand for that many new building is here as this is a pretty quiet area of Florida.On the other hand Siesta Key is an unbelievable nice location and has very little opportunity to trade into.

The approximate prices are as follows:

$19.50 per point (they suggested 2,300 points+ to get to a higher level with preferred booking). I think they are allowing 15 and 16 month advance reservations depending on level to buy into. I think 6,600 is the highest level.

The annual dues is around $1pp

The interest rate was an outrageous 15%

I did not do a full tour and just stopped for a quick visit. The sales rep was very pleasant. No hard sell at all.

This is being rolled out slowly and only will be at a few Hyatts - especially Key West and coconut Plantation

lizap

TUG Member
Reaction score
I did a quick mini visit to Hyatt Coconut Plantation and they mentioned the points system is very new and that is what they are trying to sell. They have only 3 building built 14 years ago and they have a nice scale model of all the future buildings. Honestly, I am not sure the demand for that many new building is here as this is a pretty quiet area of Florida.On the other hand Siesta Key is an unbelievable nice location and has very little opportunity to trade into.

The approximate prices are as follows:

$19.50 per point (they suggested 2,300 points+ to get to a higher level with preferred booking). I think they are allowing 15 and 16 month advance reservations depending on level to buy into. I think 6,600 is the highest level.

The interest rate was an outrageous 15%

I did not do a full tour and just stopped for a quick visit. The sales rep was very pleasant. No hard sell at all.

This is being rolled out slowly and only will be at a few Hyatts - especially Key West and coconut Plantation

Guess it's all relative, but we love the Naples-Bonita Springs area, so much so that it's on our retirement short list..

Kal

TUG Member
Reaction score
...The approximate prices are as follows:

The interest rate was an outrageous 15%...
My oh my! So it would cost from $44,800 to $128,700 to enjoy the wonderful benefits of a points program. And then pay from $2,300 to $12,870 for annual dues. I can't wait to sit in on an "owner's update" just to watch ILG put the numbers on the table. My guess is the first question at the get go involves annual income. Maybe it will go like this..."do you have a annual income of >$200,000 and a net worth of >$2 million? If so, you're a qualified buyer. If not, it was nice meeting you!

DAman

TUG Member
Reaction score
My oh my! So it would cost from $44,800 to $128,700 to enjoy the wonderful benefits of a points program. And then pay from $2,300 to $12,870 for annual dues. I can't wait to sit in on an "owner's update" just to watch ILG put the numbers on the table. My guess is the first question at the get go involves annual income. Maybe it will go like this..."do you have a annual income of >$200,000 and a net worth of >$2 million? If so, you're a qualified buyer. If not, it was nice meeting you!

I must have been naive to think ILG was going to offer us a conversion to PPP at a minimal cost. I'm not going to consider changing my two Piñon Pointe weeks because of the huge increase in MF.

Kal when you go to a presentation you should ask why all the restrictions on selling. If I was going to pay retail of $44,800 to $128,700 for a product why should I not be able to sell it to someone else with all the bells and whistles. I'm starting to ask that across all the systems. It's hard enough to sell.

I'm very happy with my current situation. This year I have been to Highlands Inn twice and Piñon Pointe once. My next years points will arrive soon too.

dagger1

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Hyatt Wild Oak Ranch, Hyatt Main Street Station, Hyatt Ka’anapali; Marriott Ko’Olina, Marriott Waiohai; Marriott Maui Ocean Club; Wyndham CWA points, Worldmark credits.
I must have been naive to think ILG was going to offer us a conversion to PPP at a minimal cost. I'm not going to consider changing my two Piñon Pointe weeks because of the huge increase in MF.

Kal when you go to a presentation you should ask why all the restrictions on selling. If I was going to pay retail of $44,800 to $128,700 for a product why should I not be able to sell it to someone else with all the bells and whistles. I'm starting to ask that across all the systems. It's hard enough to sell.

I'm very happy with my current situation. This year I have been to Highlands Inn twice and Piñon Pointe once. My next years points will arrive soon too.
I guess if Hyatt makes "re-selling" weeks and/or points very restricted and degraded, the Sellers only option will be to sell back to Hyatt at close to zero... Hyatt will get their product back at much less than current ROFR cost.

DAman

TUG Member
Reaction score
I guess if Hyatt makes "re-selling" weeks and/or points very restricted and degraded, the Sellers only option will be to sell back to Hyatt at close to zero... Hyatt will get their product back at much less than current ROFR cost.

And I would have to ask them why would I throw away my money for them to make a profit on both sides of the transaction. I think all purchasers should ask these questions. Why can't I transfer all my benefits?

Of course I will not buy retail anyway.

To convert my weeks will not be worth it to me. I am almost certain of that. I'm very happy with the current system.

I don't bother going to the updates anymore. I get better information from Kal's posts here. Thanks Kal.

Reaction score
My guess is the first question at the get go involves annual income. Maybe it will go like this..."do you have a annual income of >$200,000 and a net worth of >$2 million? If so, you're a qualified buyer. If not, it was nice meeting you!

On the one page sign-in form, there were five categories of income to circle and the highest category of income was $100,000

WalnutBaron

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
On the one page sign-in form, there were five categories of income to circle and the highest category of income was $100,000
Unconscionable. So the Hyatt sales weasels look at the top box and say with a straight face, "Oh, I see your income level is $100,000. Well, I'd like to recommend a vacation package that will only cost you about half your annual income. And we'll throw in a set of steak knives if you sign right now." (Sorry...couldn't help myself with the Glengarry Glen Ross movie reference.)

Reaction score
Unconscionable. So the Hyatt sales weasels look at the top box and say with a straight face, "Oh, I see your income level is $100,000. Well, I'd like to recommend a vacation package that will only cost you about half your annual income. And we'll throw in a set of steak knives if you sign right now." (Sorry...couldn't help myself with the Glengarry Glen Ross movie reference.)

and the kicker is that only buys Coconut Plantation that is a good, but not great location in my opinion as there are a ton of hotel and VRBO options there that are very reasonable

Kal

TUG Member
Reaction score
Add in the "sledge-o-matic" and we're getting close to a deal. Let me see, I give you my deed, a boat load of cash and you give me a bag of points, the steak knives AND a sledge-o-matic. OMG I've got too many numbers swirling around in my head and it makes my head hurt!

WalnutBaron

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Add in the "sledge-o-matic" and we're getting close to a deal. Let me see, I give you my deed, a boat load of cash and you give me a bag of points, the steak knives AND a sledge-o-matic. OMG I've got too many numbers swirling around in my head and it makes my head hurt!
Okay, okay...I know it's a lot to think about, but that sledge-o-matic is like the Swiss Army knife of super-gadgets! It will not only smash a watermelon, it will curl your hair on its slow speed, and it will even do the dishes for you. And those steak knives--well! If you've ever overcooked your steaks on the grill so they're like shoe leather, these steak knives will slice through 'em like they're the marshmallows for your S'mores you're having for dessert that night. Now about that week of vacation in Florida I was telling you about for the low, low price of just $48,000...did you know you can stretch it out to 6 weeks by smart use of your points?????

Last edited:

Kal

TUG Member
Reaction score
Okay, okay...I know it's a lot to think about, but that sledge-o-matic is like the Swiss Army knife of super-gadgets! It will not only smash a watermelon, it will curl your hair on its slow speed, and it will even do the dishes for you. And those steak knives--well! If you've ever overcooked your steaks on the grill so they're like shoe leather, these steak knives will slice through 'em like they're the marshmallows for your S'mores you're having for dessert that night. Now about that week of vacation in Florida I was telling you about for the low, low price of just $48,000...did you know you can stretch it out to 6 weeks by smart use of your points?????
Hmmmm, 6 weeks in a studio for only $1,142 per night. For that I also need a few frosty drinks with little umbrellas and a cherry. That will make the leather & marshmallow combo go down so nice.

WalnutBaron

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Hmmmm, 6 weeks in a studio for only $1,142 per night. For that I also need a few frosty drinks with little umbrellas and a cherry. That will make the leather & marshmallow combo go down so nice.
We can certainly do that! I'll gladly ply you with a few right now and...and...wait a minute...Hey, Mike! You have one of those free drinks vouchers? Let's give these nice people a voucher! Now, you just sign right here acknowledging receipt of this voucher. Now this obligates you to attend a one-hour Deluxe Owner's Update on your next visit. Or, if you prefer, I'll just take a copy of your credit card so you can get the Explorer's Package. Coupled with your $48,000 purchase, it's available today for just $4,000 and allows you to return during midweek days every 4th Tuesday during the Year Of The Dragon. Did you know that's a lucky year? Now how are those drinks tasting?

alexadeparis

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Did anyone notice that the document that was linked to has the word "Westin" in the footer on the first page? Hmmm.

taffy19

Reaction score
Sapper mentioned something about it in post #290 in this thread.

I read more rumors today about ILG. Some may like it others may not. I wonder what the outcome will be.

Wall Street isn't happy with their performance, I guess.

lizap

TUG Member
Reaction score

I read more rumors today about ILG. Some may like it others may not. I wonder what the outcome will be.

A classic case of a company expanding too rapidly beyond its core business. My guess is that the Hyatt and Starwood acquisitions weren't wise. I don't get caught up in all this. Once I have the facts, just learn to work within the system..

Tucsonadventurer

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Hyatt Pinon Pointe, Hyatt Beach House, Westin Kierland
A classic case of a company expanding too rapidly beyond its core business. My guess is that the Hyatt and Starwood acquisitions weren't wise. I don't get caught up in all this. Once I have the facts, just learn to work within the system..
"Once I have the facts" is the key. Wish we knew what was going on.

Kal

TUG Member
Reaction score

An activist hedge fund holding 2% of ILG stock is complaining. I wonder if the 2 percenter has much standing?

taffy19

Reaction score
Why are the Hilton timeshare owners getting a survey recently? ;) They may be interested. I just hate all these changes constantly but we are not multiple timeshare week owners, thank goodness.

nuwermj

TUG Member
Reaction score
An activist hedge fund holding 2% of ILG stock is complaining. I wonder if the 2 percenter has much standing?

Two percent can be powerful, if it becomes the leader of a coalition of share holders, perhaps through a proxy fight. This is why FrontFour issued a public letter.

Kal

TUG Member
Reaction score
Two percent can be powerful, if it becomes the leader of a coalition of share holders, perhaps through a proxy fight. This is why FrontFour issued a public letter.
Just like surfing the internet. In general this type of activity might get some entity one seat on the BOD.

Binspira

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Raintree
OMG - I think I spent 20 hours reading stuff on TUG - was 99% confident that Hyatt would be good match for us to purchase and even would splurge and have Carmel be our home base since everyone says buy a place you would want to go to over and over. However, with this new points system it sounds like a large negative to Hyatt owners w/ potential for a bunch of changes that will likely be more negative longer term and with Interval expanding too quickly possible other negatives. Hmmmmm - I like our current timeshare yet looking to expand to another. Wonder if we should be waiting until the dust settles since yet it will take years to know the impact. The good news is I do believe they can only push so much negative down on owners before there is revolt.

Was looking at purchasing Carmel prime week for $10-15k w/ 2,200 points w/ $1750MF... should I end up holding off or is there any reason to be purchasing now w/ all the unknown changes?

BInspira

Cropman

TUG Member
Reaction score
If you like the week, and will use it, buy it now!! They can never take it away from you. Current advice from the Hyatt experts on here, lol, not me, is buy a deeded week now before the only option is points. Just my two cents worth.

dagger1

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Hyatt Wild Oak Ranch, Hyatt Main Street Station, Hyatt Ka’anapali; Marriott Ko’Olina, Marriott Waiohai; Marriott Maui Ocean Club; Wyndham CWA points, Worldmark credits.
If you like the week, and will use it, buy it now!! They can never take it away from you. Current advice from the Hyatt experts on here, lol, not me, is buy a deeded week now before the only option is points. Just my two cents worth.
X 2... If you want it and will use it, buy it. If you don't know, don't buy it...