• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Hyatt Pure Points Program

Tucsonadventurer

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Hyatt Pinon Pointe, Hyatt Beach House, Westin Kierland
Just bid a little higher. Hyatt will buy back the lower bids. We had Hyatt buy back our Beach House so we bid
1,000 higher the following month for 1880 pts which are now 2200 pts so it was well worth it. Hyatt does
not buy back everything as they claim they do.. yet. They seem to go in spurts also so 1 month may buy everything
and the next month they back off. I would keep trying.

sts1732

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Sunset Harbor Key, west
Pinion pointe Sedona, az.
Based on previous ROFR history (current and several years back), the Hyatt ROFR formula varies from property to property as well as week to week and unit to unit. The Hyatt deeded week/unit aspect adds a couple of elements that do not exist in the Marriott product. Its probable that a 2200 pt Pinon Pointe unit with no view getting past ROFR at $9k while its possible one with a great view could pass ROFR at $9k. However I wouldn't expect any 2200 pt Sunset Harbor getting thru at $9k now - if the week/unit was a good view, it would take something north of $16k - a great view would be closing in on $20k IMHO.
As point of interest, we just received notice that we can proceed with the sale of our deeded Sunset Harbor unit 533 (faces the gulf unobstructed ) for 18,000.00. In the paper work from Hyatt it showed the value of the unit, week 27, platinum season as being just under 25,000.00. Hope this helps in setting prices to pass ROFR.

Kal

TUG Member
Reaction score
Multiple reliable sources. Hucksters know little or nothing except sales.

Kal

TUG Member
Reaction score
As point of interest, we just received notice that we can proceed with the sale of our deeded Sunset Harbor unit 533 (faces the gulf unobstructed ) for 18,000.00. In the paper work from Hyatt it showed the value of the unit, week 27, platinum season as being just under 25,000.00. Hope this helps in setting prices to pass ROFR.
Very interesting. Primarily Hyatt has been saying for some time that they will take all ROFR sales. As always, just smoke. The $18K price is a bit of a surprise. I have pegged a 2X multiplier which means Hyatt would have to sell your unit at $36K. Your $18K number will help other resale purchasers of platinum units in setting their offer price.

rickandcindy23

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Founder; Disney OKW & SSR; Marriott's Willow Ridge and Shadow Ridge,Grand Chateau; Val Chatelle; Hono Koa OF (3); SBR(LOTS), SDO a few; Grand Palms(selling); WKORV-OF ,Westin Desert Willow.
I want to buy Hyatt as well. $18K is more than most of the resale brokers are showing for list prices. Do they price low and hope for ROFR to take the unit, or what? I was looking at Fidelity resales of Hyatt today, actually. Lots of listings, low prices, and MF's seem to be inconsistent for the same season and resort.

Kal

TUG Member
Reaction score
I want to buy Hyatt as well. $18K is more than most of the resale brokers are showing for list prices. Do they price low and hope for ROFR to take the unit, or what? I was looking at Fidelity resales of Hyatt today, actually. Lots of listings, low prices, and MF's seem to be inconsistent for the same season and resort.
I often question why the MF's are inconsistent. Makes me wonder about the rest of the information.

If you're looking at a purchase, I would do it ASAP before the Pure Points program rolls out. Put the pressure on Hyatt to take it by ROFR and see what they do. It will be very difficult to purchase a weeks unit in Florida after the roll out. As other posters have noted, there's no pattern for the ROFR decision "logic". Just go for it!

newportbeach

TUG Member
Reaction score
Well, am I missing something? What happened about the announcement on the 21st. No one has reported what the new program entails.

Kal

TUG Member
Reaction score
Well, am I missing something? What happened about the announcement on the 21st. No one has reported what the new program entails.
Hyatt punted and delayed the roll out to July 2017.

sts1732

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Sunset Harbor Key, west
We have owned at sunset for almost 20yrs., and watching the sales, threads it would seem that the "lots of inventory" would be at the beach house or windward. Both are at the opposite end of town. The beach house is just at the entrance of the island off of US1, with the coast guard station really close by, very busy. Windward is on the Atlantic side by the airport. Nice property but not close to anything and the smell of decaying seaweed and no beach can be over powering at times.
Buying into Sun set, you are in the heart of everything, park your car in the garage for 10.00 for the week and walk anywhere. Our unit is a 2 bdr. town house that faces the gulf unobstructed, with MF's of over 1,600.00 for this yr. it was more than a 2 bdr. with a pool/ partial ocean view.
I know in the past they tried to sell Windward as a condo for the entire yr. for just under 1,000,000.00(9 something) that went over like a herd of turtles also, just a bad location.
My guess would be that you are right in that the low prices you see are hoping for a ROFR. Just thinkin....:ponder:

sts1732

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Sunset Harbor Key, west
Very interesting. Primarily Hyatt has been saying for some time that they will take all ROFR sales. As always, just smoke. The $18K price is a bit of a surprise. I have pegged a 2X multiplier which means Hyatt would have to sell your unit at $36K. Your $18K number will help other resale purchasers of platinum units in setting their offer price.
Kal, With Hyatt's dog and pony show, you are probably right with the 36K figure in a presentation.

bizaro86

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Is there any reason to think Hyatt will go crazy on ROFR when they launch? It seems to me they could just take corporate inventory, trade-ins, and use interval to supplement, as well as giving pure points owners access to the existing point system

I know starwood (same parent) hasn't changed ROFR paterns since they launched a trust, and even seem to be decreasing under ILG ownership. They just passed a week 51 on Maui for 17k, which would have been taken before, imo.

Kal

TUG Member
Reaction score
Is there any reason to think Hyatt will go crazy on ROFR when they launch? It seems to me they could just take corporate inventory, trade-ins, and use interval to supplement, as well as giving pure points owners access to the existing point system

I know starwood (same parent) hasn't changed ROFR paterns since they launched a trust, and even seem to be decreasing under ILG ownership. They just passed a week 51 on Maui for 17k, which would have been taken before, imo.
My guess is Hyatt's ROFR decision logic will remain the same as in the previous 1-2 year period until Pure Points rollout. Matter of fact based on the current source of their funds, they might take fewer units. The "Trust" will have a new funding mechanism and they will have to stock the grab bag to entice new PP members. And of course in July when they just roll out PP in Florida, that will create a very messy situation where a person can buy unit/weeks in the west, but not in Florida. With all that drama, it's a good time to buy a unit/week.

GregT

TUG Member
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott: Maui Ocean Club Lahaina Villas (3BRx5), Ko Olina, Shadow Ridge II, Willow Ridge, Aruba Ocean Club, DC Points HGVC: Flamingo, Sea World, I-Drive, Starwood Bella (x4), SDO, TradeWinds, Worldmark
Okay, I know I'm going to regret asking this, because I need another timeshare like I need a hole in the head, but is there a Hyatt that is considered a good MF/Hyatt point value?

I'm thinking of a 2,200 or 1,880 point package -- I think the real winners in the Marriott system were the people who purchased a week before the point system rolled out, as their weeks were eligible for enrollment. Hyatt has alot of nice properties and I'm just curious.

Thanks in advance!

Best,

Greg

Kal

TUG Member
Reaction score
consensus seems to say Sedona is the best buy. Low M/F and a good pricing.

GregT

TUG Member
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott: Maui Ocean Club Lahaina Villas (3BRx5), Ko Olina, Shadow Ridge II, Willow Ridge, Aruba Ocean Club, DC Points HGVC: Flamingo, Sea World, I-Drive, Starwood Bella (x4), SDO, TradeWinds, Worldmark
consensus seems to say Sedona is the best buy. Low M/F and a good pricing.

Kal, thank you -- will be interesting to watch the Hyatt transition. It's a nice network of properties and curious how the points program will impact it.

Best,

Greg

sts1732

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Sunset Harbor Key, west
Okay, I know I'm going to regret asking this, because I need another timeshare like I need a hole in the head, but is there a Hyatt that is considered a good MF/Hyatt point value?

I'm thinking of a 2,200 or 1,880 point package -- I think the real winners in the Marriott system were the people who purchased a week before the point system rolled out, as their weeks were eligible for enrollment. Hyatt has alot of nice properties and I'm just curious.

Thanks in advance!

Best,

Greg
Some yrs. back we bought at Pinion pointe. What was nice for us is, we bought a 2 bdr. lock out on the odd year at 2,000 points. It made it nice for us in trading and using points else where with out paying MF's every year just member fee on even years. Besides we enjoy the high desert, lots to do around Sedona.

Last edited:

Kal

TUG Member
Reaction score
I'm starting to feeling better about Puerto Rico. A person could get a week there at maybe $2K but with a $1.6K M/F. There's other drama, but maybe a good play for additional points. Can't imagine Hyatt would take it on ROFR.

Tucsonadventurer

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Hyatt Pinon Pointe, Hyatt Beach House, Westin Kierland
We bought at Sedona , 2000 pt 2 bedroom lock off for $8,000 , no ROFR . We usually just use a few days a yr there as we live 4 hrs away. We bought there for the low MF and a fairly low price. Our unit has a great view of the Redrocks. If you are using it for trade also then Sdona is a great place to purchase.