• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Hyatt Reservation Affidavit

dagger1

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Hyatt Wild Oak Ranch, Hyatt Main Street Station, Hyatt Ka’anapali; Marriott Ko’Olina, Marriott Waiohai; Marriott Maui Ocean Club; Wyndham CWA points, Worldmark credits.
I have searched for info on this subject, but found nothing, sorry if I am asking an already answered question. Hyatt offers a "Reservation Affidavit" for a one time payment of $32 which will allow us to designate each of our four children (have to be over 18) as "joint members." They will then be able to reserve, check in, etc. to our various weeks without paying a "guest" fee. Has anyone been through this process? My question is (probably should just call Hyatt}: Do I have to fill out a separate Affidavit for each week at each resort (paying $32 per child per week per resort, currently four separate weeks/units), or can I plug in all weeks/resorts on one Affidavit (one $32 fee for our entire member number)? I am thinking about plugging in all of our weeks/units onto one Affidavit and trying to get by with just one $32 payment for each of our children. I.E., a total of $128 ($32 x 4 children), rather than $512 ($32 x 4 children x four weeks/units.)

DAman

TUG Member
Reaction score
I have searched for info on this subject, but found nothing, sorry if I am asking an already answered question. Hyatt offers a "Reservation Affidavit" for a one time payment of $32 which will allow us to designate each of our four children (have to be over 18) as "joint members." They will then be able to reserve, check in, etc. to our various weeks without paying a "guest" fee. Has anyone been through this process? My question is (probably should just call Hyatt}: Do I have to fill out a separate Affidavit for each week at each resort (paying $32 per child per week per resort, currently four separate weeks/units), or can I plug in all weeks/resorts on one Affidavit (one $32 fee for our entire member number)? I am thinking about plugging in all of our weeks/units onto one Affidavit and trying to get by with just one $32 payment for each of our children. I.E., a total of $128 ($32 x 4 children), rather than $512 ($32 x 4 children x four weeks/units.)

I looked through the rules and couldn't find anything about this. There are no references in the rules at all. At least that I could locate.

Where did you hear about this? This is interesting since I have one child 21 and another almost 18. Keep us posted as to what you determine. I am always looking to better understand the Hyatt rules.

Tucsonadventurer

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Hyatt Pinon Pointe, Hyatt Beach House, Westin Kierland
There is a separate form for each person as they each have to sign their own form
Each one had a fee . We called Hyatt and they walked us through it
I think you can only pick 3 people.

bdh

TUG Member
Reaction score
The form does exist. It does cost $32 to get an individual added as a "joint member" to your account - but you'll never have to pay for a guest certificate again. If all your HRC units are recorded in the same name/s, you can co-mingle the points from all owned weeks - the joint member has the same access as you to make/change/cancel reservations in your account.

DAman

TUG Member
Reaction score
The form does exist. It does cost $32 to get an individual added as a "joint member" to your account - but you'll never have to pay for a guest certificate again. If all your HRC units are recorded in the same name/s, you can co-mingle the points from all owned weeks - the joint member has the same access as you to make/change/cancel reservations in your account.

Does it work for II exchanges using EEE points?

dagger1

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Hyatt Wild Oak Ranch, Hyatt Main Street Station, Hyatt Ka’anapali; Marriott Ko’Olina, Marriott Waiohai; Marriott Maui Ocean Club; Wyndham CWA points, Worldmark credits.
IMG_2115.JPG
I will be calling tomorrow and will ask. Hyatt emailed me the "Hyatt Reservation Affidavit". I just want to know if I can use 1 form per child (over 18) and list all my weeks on one form saving almost $400.

bdh

TUG Member
Reaction score
View attachment 4491 I will be calling tomorrow and will ask. Hyatt emailed me the "Hyatt Reservation Affidavit". I just want to know if I can use 1 form per child (over 18) and list all my weeks on one form saving almost $400.

If all your HRC units are recorded in the same name/s, you can co-mingle the points from all owned weeks - so it doesn't matter what week you listed on the affidavit, the joint member has full access to the account and to any/all weeks in the account listed on the affidavit.

Last edited:

bdh

TUG Member
Reaction score
FWIW: You email the affidavit to Hyatt tonight, the joint member will be added to your account tomorrow.

dagger1

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
So I should fill in our member number, then all four weeks we own at each resort on each of four affidavits (we have four kids in their 30's), and only have to pay $32 per child and they will have access to all four weeks?

dagger1

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
I think I will try listing all four weeks (all of which are under our one member number) and see what happens....

bdh

TUG Member
Reaction score
I think I will try listing all four weeks (all of which are under our one member number) and see what happens....

With all your weeks in one HRC account, no need to list all four weeks.

But you will have to fill out a separate affidavit for each child.

Tucsonadventurer

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Hyatt Pinon Pointe, Hyatt Beach House, Westin Kierland
Yes. We own 2 weeks and could list both weeks we own on 1 form.

dagger1

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
I actually just called, they confirmed that one form (per child over 18) would cover all of our weeks. They did say to mail the form in because they want the "original" with actual signatures (not emailed copies). They did not have an email address to give me (there wasn't one on the form either) so I will just mail four forms in tomorrow. Thanks for the help and advice!!

bdh

TUG Member
Reaction score
I actually just called, they confirmed that one form (per child over 18) would cover all of our weeks. They did say to mail the form in because they want the "original" with actual signatures (not emailed copies). They did not have an email address to give me (there wasn't one on the form either) so I will just mail four forms in tomorrow. Thanks for the help and advice!!

While they may like "originals", they also accept scanned PDF sent via email.

dagger1

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Thanks for the email address, will send off tomorrow!!

dagger1

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
You were right, bdh, worked like a charm! Emailed in four Residence Affidavits (one per child) and Hyatt processed overnight. Thanks!