• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Hyatt Vacation Club question: multiple weeks

SharonD

TUG Member
Reaction score
I'm considering buying a Hyatt and have a question about owning multiple weeks. Let's say you own two Gold weeks and receive 1800 points for each week. Suppose you wanted to book a 2 br Diamond that costs 2200 points. Can you "combine" the points from both gold weeks to book the Diamond? (i.e., 1800 points from one week and 400 from the other week). Thanks in advance.

Kal

TUG Member
Reaction score
Absolutely YES, you can combine points and use in any way desired. You just have to watch the "seasons" for each set of points. Some points may be moving from say CUP to LCUP and each season has different restrictions. Just do some hypothetical vacation planning to see how various weeks work.

Go Here to see point charts and rules.

SharonD

TUG Member
Reaction score
Thanks, Kal, that's just what I needed to know! Still trying to figure out CUP and LUP but I will study it further.

Tucsonadventurer

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Hyatt Pinon Pointe, Hyatt Beach House, Westin Kierland
I think its best to buy weeks close together also. Kal can confirm that. We get points in Oct and again in Jan from our 2 weeks. It has worked but, even closer might be better

peas

TUG Member
Reaction score
I think the best timing of how many points depends on the number of points you have and how you anticipate your use. Ideally, I would have liked mine spaced ~6 months apart so I always have fresh points.

If you have a 2200 point week, then maybe you don't need to have the 2nd week to cycle close to your first week. If you have a 1300 point week, then cycling close to your original would be nice to give you a lot more options.

But in either scenario, I would think that you have to weigh this benefit with the timing of your desired weeks becoming released by owners.

Kal

TUG Member
Reaction score
I think the best timing of how many points depends on the number of points you have and how you anticipate your use. Ideally, I would have liked mine spaced ~6 months apart so I always have fresh points.

If you have a 2200 point week, then maybe you don't need to have the 2nd week to cycle close to your first week. If you have a 1300 point week, then cycling close to your original would be nice to give you a lot more options.

But in either scenario, I would think that you have to weigh this benefit with the timing of your desired weeks becoming released by owners.
With spaced units, you are generally limited to reserving a unit calling for no more points than the point value of one of your single units. This would prevent back-to-back reservations, a larger unit or a unit in a higher value season.