• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

I sold my timeshare!

timeos2

Tug Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Lets see what they REALLY do for $3K+

It suddenly occurs to me that many that post in support of the PCC's as an actual option may not completely realize how they actually operate.
  • They DO NOT use any of the $3000 + to pay fees to the resort.
  • They DO NOT contact the resort to try to have them take a deed back
  • They DO NOT return any attempts to reach them to arrange payment or deed back IF they can even be located.
  • They may, or may not, try to sell the week for a very low amount. If it doesn't sell, they just walk away
  • They may, or may not, live up to the "guarantee" that the interval will be taken out of your name. If not you are still stuck as the legal owner - try to find them to get the "guaranteed" service
These groups are not honest, offer no real, enforceable guarantee, start the whole process with deception ("We BUY your timeshare...come see us at XX for offer." that turns out to be YOU PAY THEM). They are out for the money and nothing else. As they do not actually have any plan to handle the interval if it doesn't sell. They offer nothing as a "solution" that the owner themselves don't already have - and that costs them no money.

The whole "industry" is a scam, set up to prey on the desperation of basically uninformed owners trying to do what they can to get out of what they are incorrectly told is a never ending obligation. That too is a lie.

These are not random "I think this is how it works" thoughts but the actual results of dealings (actually, lack of dealings as they will not reply) with multiple instances of "purchases" of intervals by a number of these groups at various resorts. The pattern never varies and the intent to defraud is clear from the start.

Don't fool yourself into thinking these companies offer a legitimate service - they DO NOT! Don't think they offer a plan for low value weeks that you didn't have yourself - THEY DO NOT! Don't think that by paying the outrageous $3000+ you have relieved yourself of your timeshare as there is a very good chance YOU HAVE NOT!

Ridewithme38

TUG Member
Reaction score
PCC's are a last resort of sorts...You can't find a buyer, renter or are even unable to give away your TS, you've contacted you BOD/HOA and they REFUSE to let you deed back without you going into bankruptcy/foreclosure on it and your credit being completely wreaked for life

Simply put....PCC's get you out fof a TS, WITHOUT you having to go into back debt and/or bankruptcy/foreclosure on your property

In a world where you credit scores matters so much...This is a VERY important service!

I WOULD NEVER RECOMMEND ANYONE use a PCC until after ALL the above options are tried....They are the last resort...BUT for some owners...the ONLY option left

As for honesty...I'd think back to the Retail outlet of the TS that you own...Realize that even PCC's aren't as dishonest as they are....and you paid those guys THOUSANDS more then you could ever pay a PCC

Last edited:

rickandcindy23

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Founder; Disney OKW & SSR; Marriott's Willow Ridge and Shadow Ridge,Grand Chateau; Val Chatelle; Hono Koa OF (3); SBR(LOTS), SDO a few; Grand Palms(selling); WKORV-OF ,Westin Desert Willow.
One negative is PCC's won't just take any resort, any week. They have a list of resorts they will not take.

AwayWeGo

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Grandview At Las Vegas

[triennial - points]
I Do NOT Resemble That Remark.

As for honesty...I'd think back to the Retail outlet of the TS that you own...Realize that even PCC's aren't as dishonest as they are....and you paid those guys THOUSANDS more then you could ever pay a PCC
Not me. I never paid a nickel to any timeshare company -- just ate their free breakfast & lunch & listened to their spiels & said No Thanks & (eventually) made my way to the freebies window.

Does signing up for freebie tours make me equally dishonest ?

If so, shux upon me.

-- Alan Cole, McLean (Fairfax County), Virginia, USA.​

snake

Reaction score
Well, I have a timeshare in Kauai that I Paid $700 (resale) for about 3 yrs. ago, and which has very high trading power, so I thought I was safe from defaults causing my MF to go up. But, upon reading this forum, I am now worried that this might not be the case.

P.S. My resort is Cliffs Club at Princeville, Kauai

rickandcindy23

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Founder; Disney OKW & SSR; Marriott's Willow Ridge and Shadow Ridge,Grand Chateau; Val Chatelle; Hono Koa OF (3); SBR(LOTS), SDO a few; Grand Palms(selling); WKORV-OF ,Westin Desert Willow.
Well, I have a timeshare in Kauai that I Paid $700 (resale) for about 3 yrs. ago, and which has very high trading power, so I thought I was safe from defaults causing my MF to go up. But, upon reading this forum, I am now worried that this might not be the case.

P.S. My resort is Cliffs Club at Princeville, Kauai

Don't worry. I have no idea about the health of your resort, but I don't think worrying about it is necessary. Some really old resorts should be worried, because they don't have amenities and interiors that exchangers enjoy. PCC's are going to be able to get owners for your resort, as it is on Hawaii.

AwayWeGo

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Grandview At Las Vegas

[triennial - points]
Now They Tell Me.

Spell check checks spelling, not logic.
So that's my problem.

Who knew ?

-- Alan Cole, McLean (Fairfax County), Virginia, USA.​

Last edited:

ampaholic

TUG Member
Reaction score
These are not random "I think this is how it works" thoughts but the actual results of dealings (actually, lack of dealings as they will not reply) with multiple instances of "purchases" of intervals by a number of these groups at various resorts. The pattern never varies and the intent to defraud is clear from the start.

HUH?

How can you have "actual results" of "lack of dealings"?

Your words John - not mine.

timeos2

Tug Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
HUH?

How can you have "actual results" of "lack of dealings"?

Your words John - not mine.

Simple. Real resorts dealing with actual reported "transfers" that are either never done or trace back to non-existent (and thus unreachable) owners - the dealings will be with the acknowledged last legal owner not the false or falsified "transfer" even if it was recorded. As Carolinian is so happy to point out a great many deeds are flawed for many reasons and NOT checked by the county (or whatever group keeps those records in that jurisdiction). If it is flawed in any way or the fees required for transfer not paid as required (another very common issue & since the supposed new owner doesn't seem to actually exist they cannot be contacted to fix it) then the resort can and will refuse the transfer.