• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

II Eplus strategy

Chrispee

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
I could use a little advice from the eplus experts here. I have a trade into a ski property for early Feb that I will no longer be able to use due to my wife's changed work schedule, and I'm thinking I'd rather try to use my eplus trades than cancel it since I know I'll be able to use a week at the end of August 2017.

Just wondering if I'm correct in assuming that I can use an eplus trade immediately to something up to April 4th. Am I limited to another 2 month window after that retrade?

dioxide45

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Sheraton Vistana Villages
Club Wyndham CWA
You are now restricted to retraed within 59 days past the checkin date. So if you were to make a trade it would take you out to April. You would then instantly be able to retrade again another 59 days from the new checkin. So to June. The last retrade will get you to August. A lot depengs on the checkin day of your current trade. If it is after the day of checkin you want in August, you can make it happen. If it is before, then it may not work. Also consider it is 59 days, not 2 months. So each retrade will back up the checkin date a day of the moth a couple days or so depending on how many days are in the month.

Last edited:

melissy123

TUG Member
Reaction score
So why not wait until one day before checkin to do the first Eplus retrade?

dioxide45

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Club Wyndham CWA
So why not wait until one day before checkin to do the first Eplus retrade?
The date you do the retrade doesn't matter. With EPlus, you can retrade for any date 59 days beyond the checkin day of your current exchange. Not 59 days from the current date.

Chrispee

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the clarification. I suppose I'll have to cancel as the eplus route will only get me up to the beginning of August, and I wouldn't be able to go until the last too weeks in August. Oh well, you win some and you lose some.

I should cancel before the 14 day mark now right?

VacationForever

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
I was in a similar situation where I had to cancel or retrade. I think a better strategy would be ePlus trade until you run out of it and then cancel before the last 14 days. That way you get another year from that point, even though they are all restricted to 59 days trades.

dioxide45

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Club Wyndham CWA
Don't cancel yet. I think you can get out of the restriction by first doing your retrade, then perhaps retrade again and again to get your date out as far as possible. At least outside the 59 day restriction. Then cancel. Someone else will have to confirm if this works and leaves you with an unrestricted cancellation replacement. If you flat cancel right now, you will have a restricted cancellation replacement. I would perhaps also suggest being sure to retrade outside the 14 day window. I don't know if there added EPlus retrade restrictions inside 14 days.

Saintsfanfl

TUG Member
Reaction score
With E-Plus you can retrade up to one day before so there is nothing beneficial in staying outside 14 days. The restriction is the same.

I have always wondered if you can keep hopping forward, exhaust E-Plus, cancel, and then get an unrestricted replacement week. My gut tells me yes because E-Plus appears to be a shell and once exhausted the resulting exchange looks from the front end the same as if that was the original exchange.

VacationForever

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
I cancelled, greater than 14 days, and I ended up with a restricted replacement week, good for a year, cannot put in ongoing exchange, and can only check for 59 days of inventory. The agent said within 14 days is worse, I don't remember how bad it would be.

Last edited:

dioxide45

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Club Wyndham CWA
I was in a similar situation where I had to cancel or retrade. I think a better strategy would be ePlus trade until you run out of it and then cancel before the last 14 days. That way you get another year from that point, even though they are all restricted to 59 days trades.
I think the better strategy to test would be to retrade so you are outside the 59 day window and then cancel just outside the 60 day window and see if you had an unrestricted cancellation replacement.

VacationForever

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
I think the better strategy to test would be to retrade so you are outside the 59 day window and then cancel just outside the 60 day window and see if you had an unrestricted cancellation replacement.
Agree. But like in OP's case, the exchange was already inside the 60 days window.

dioxide45

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Club Wyndham CWA
Agree. But like in OP's case, the exchange was already inside the 60 days window.
Even inside the 59 day window, with EPlus you can retrade to where your new week is outside 59 days. That is where the opportunity lies.

Saintsfanfl

TUG Member
Reaction score
Even inside the 59 day window, with EPlus you can retrade to where your new week is outside 59 days. That is where the opportunity lies.

Im surprised we don't have a test on this by now. I've done some tricky stuff hopping forward but I've never canceled one yet after doing so.

dioxide45

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Club Wyndham CWA
Here is what my advice would be to the OP to best their chances of an unrestricted cancellation replacement.

If they know for sure they will be using the week in August, retrade now three times to get the checkin date as far out as possible. Wait a few days and then call II and obtain a cancellation replacement week.

Best Case: They have a fully unrestricted Cancellation Replacement valid until January 2018.
Worst Case: They have a flexchange Cancellation Replacement week valid until January 2018 that can only be used to confirm an exchange within 59 days of checkin.

Worst case would be no different than what they would get if they didn't do any retrades and just called to cancel now. So they can not lose with what I am proposing.

If they don't know for sure that they will be using the week in August, then they should retrade now three times to get the checkin date as far out as possible, then wait until 62 days (to be safe) from checkin, then cancel. They should end up with a Cancellation Replacement week that would be valid until May or Jun 2018, depending on when they had to cancel. The only question would still be, would they be in the worst or best case scenario.

pedro47

TUG Member
Reaction score
These are some great suggestions and strategies on this topic.:thumbup:
Thanks Dioxide45!

Lydlady

TUG Member
Reaction score
I messed up on one of my E-Plus trades and will have to eventually get a replacement week. (I have two more exchanges to extend out an additional 59 days twice.) I just talked to a rep from Interval and she said I could only do the 59-day window on a replacement week. So it might just be the "worst case scenario." Oh well.

Panina

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Hgvc Anderson, Blue Ride Village Resort
I messed up on one of my E-Plus trades and will have to eventually get a replacement week. (I have two more exchanges to extend out an additional 59 days twice.) I just talked to a rep from Interval and she said I could only do the 59-day window on a replacement week. So it might just be the "worst case scenario." Oh well.

There was a time, if you used up your eplus and were within the the 59 day window but your original week was out further, you could do a online retrade and pay for a week greater then 59 days away. II must have plugged that hole.

If you use all your eplus and and your trade is greater then 59 days, you can and call cancel the week, get a replacement week good for one year, pay another trade fee, and put in an ongoing search. Better they using the retrade online option. I know this worked for a week I traded that had a original expiration that was greater then a year away at the time I did this. Not sure how it would work if the original expiration was less then a year away.

Last edited:

Saintsfanfl

TUG Member
Reaction score
There was a time, if you used up your eplus and were within the the 59 day window but your original week was out further, you could do a online retrade and pay for a week greater then 59 days away. II must have pugged that hole.

I doubt that has changed but I'm not certain. The original deposit expiration needs to be more than 60 days out from the last retrade exchange check-in date. Once you exhaust the retrades it looks at least from the front end like a normal exchange.

Lydlady

TUG Member
Reaction score
I'll have to look into this. My original deposit expiration isn't until next year; my last retrade exchange could go into mid- to late-September.

cyntravel

TUG Member
Reaction score
I doubt that has changed but I'm not certain. The original deposit expiration needs to be more than 60 days out from the last retrade exchange check-in date. Once you exhaust the retrades it looks at least from the front end like a normal exchange.
Hi I would like to say thanks to everyone who explained this. I have been trying to figure out the best way to use this strategy for my weeks.
I have a replacement week that expired in March 2017. Now I have to extend it out for another year. I can only use in 59 day window because I was late canceling. Can I start over with E-Plus on this week if I can't get the exchange I need within the years time? Or is my time up in March 2018. With replacement week you can put in a OGS? Does II only allow 2 times to extend your replacement week in a 16 month window? I appreciate all your help.
Cyn

melissy123

TUG Member
Reaction score
Here is what my advice would be to the OP to best their chances of an unrestricted cancellation replacement.

If they know for sure they will be using the week in August, retrade now three times to get the checkin date as far out as possible. Wait a few days and then call II and obtain a cancellation replacement week.

Best Case: They have a fully unrestricted Cancellation Replacement valid until January 2018.
Worst Case: They have a flexchange Cancellation Replacement week valid until January 2018 that can only be used to confirm an exchange within 59 days of checkin.

Worst case would be no different than what they would get if they didn't do any retrades and just called to cancel now. So they can not lose with what I am proposing.

If they don't know for sure that they will be using the week in August, then they should retrade now three times to get the checkin date as far out as possible, then wait until 62 days (to be safe) from checkin, then cancel. They should end up with a Cancellation Replacement week that would be valid until May or Jun 2018, depending on when they had to cancel. The only question would still be, would they be in the worst or best case scenario.

Has anyone had the opportunity to test this out, and whether it was BEST case or WORST case scenario?

dioxide45

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Club Wyndham CWA
Has anyone had the opportunity to test this out, and whether it was BEST case or WORST case scenario?
Not that I know of. We are still waiting for that brave soul to try it out. And be willing to lose the exchange fee in the process.

jackio

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Sand Pebbles, Sheraton Broadway Plantation, Hawaiian Sun Holidays
Does this strategy work with an expiring week? Example, if my week expires in May, can I trade for a week in May then re-trade twice more to get an exchange through September? And if I cancel the 3rd week, will they give me a flex change replacement week good til the following September? Or would I have to pay to extend the week in addition?

Lydlady

TUG Member
Reaction score
Does this strategy work with an expiring week? Example, if my week expires in May, can I trade for a week in May then re-trade twice more to get an exchange through September? And if I cancel the 3rd week, will they give me a flex change replacement week good til the following September? Or would I have to pay to extend the week in addition?

I think as long as you are outside that 59- or 60-day window, you can extend it for one year. Also, I didn't have to pay for the replacement week, but of course I lose the fees paid on the week that I couldn't use.