• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

II newbie question - Travel Dates?

ljmiii

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Apologies and thanks in advance...but I couldn't find the answer anywhere.

I assume 'earliest travel date' is earliest check-in date. But is 'latest travel date' the latest check-in date or the latest check-out date?

mauitraveler

TUG Member
Reaction score
Apologies and thanks in advance...but I couldn't find the answer anywhere.

I assume 'earliest travel date' is earliest check-in date. But is 'latest travel date' the latest check-in date or the latest check-out date?

Welcome to the challenges of exchanging with II! When manually searching, the "latest travel date" is the latest check-in date. However, when placing a request with an OGS, the "latest travel date" is the latest check-out date. Remember to place your OGS as early as possible when planning your travels, if you decide to try for an exchange. Hope this helps and happy travels to you! CJ

VacationForever

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Welcome to the challenges of exchanging with II! When manually searching, the "latest travel date" is the latest check-in date. However, when placing a request with an OGS, the "latest travel date" is the latest check-out date. Remember to place your OGS as early as possible when planning your travels, if you decide to try for an exchange. Hope this helps and happy travels to you! CJ
I am not sure if you are right on OGS. I have been automatically matched to my latest travel date as checkin date several times.

ljmiii

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Curiouser and curiouser....and apparently II's answer is even curiouser than that. I asked them as well and it turns out that when you make a request online the dates you pick don't really matter - which is why you can't pick a 'latest travel date' less than 7 days from your check-in date even though you might want to arrive on a particular day. If you actually need to check-in on a particular date or dates you need to call them. From their response...

"Please be aware, if you review your request online, you will see Thursday as a checkin date. Our calendar week defaults to Thursday as the beginning of a week, as many resorts have Thursday as their checkin date leading into the weekend. If there are only certain dates you can checkin, please call our office. One of our agents can go into your request and handpick dates for you."

ljmiii

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Having completed the II Vacation Exchange Request I now better understand II's response. The dates you pick REALLY don't matter because they change them to the Thursday before and automatically match to any stay starting on Fri, Sat, or Sun. Live and learn.

stevio99

TUG Member
Reaction score
I'm sure some people know how to use 'earliest' and 'latest' dates. But its easy to forget. Its certainly not intuitive.

The best way I've found to ensure I only match to days I want is to play around with the 'earliest' and 'latest' dates on a sample 'test trade'. I do this by searching for a getaway with those dates I'm testing to a resort I know will have alot of availability like Branson or Orlando.

bobpark56

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Westin Lagunamar, Westin Aventuras, Marriott Grande Vista, Sandos Caracol, Festiva, Diamond Resorts (Hawaii Collection)
I still don't see a clear definition for "latest travel date" here for an ongoing search. Does anyone knowledgable care to try again?

Chrispee

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
The “latest travel date” for an OGS is the latest check-in date that you would accept. As others have mentioned, the system defaults to the Thursday if you don’t call in and stipulate a specific day.

dioxide45

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Sheraton Vistana Villages
Club Wyndham CWA
The problem with searches is that it always forces you to pick a one week range. So if you pick a Sasturday as your Earliest Travel Date, it will force you to pick the next Saturday as your Latest Travel Date. Those dates are checkin dates, so you can match to the any week that is between the Thurdsday before the Earliest Checkin Date you pick and the Saturday you picked as the Latest Travel Date. This can be a pain when you are really just wanting to search for the single weekend. I find it best to pick the Thursday as the Earliest Travel Date and the next Thursday as the Latest Travel Date. This way you are tied to that single weekend.

Saintsfanfl

TUG Member
Reaction score
The problem with searches is that it always forces you to pick a one week range. So if you pick a Sasturday as your Earliest Travel Date, it will force you to pick the next Saturday as your Latest Travel Date. Those dates are checkin dates, so you can match to the any week that is between the Thurdsday before the Earliest Checkin Date you pick and the Saturday you picked as the Latest Travel Date. This can be a pain when you are really just wanting to search for the single weekend. I find it best to pick the Thursday as the Earliest Travel Date and the next Thursday as the Latest Travel Date. This way you are tied to that single weekend.

For an OGS the system forces both the check-in day and the check-out day to Thur to Thur, so it is always for a single check-in weekend unless the range goes to 2 weeks or more. The reason they programmed this is to prevent an unwanted check-in for the following weekend. It will not allow a Thursday to the following Saturday even if you wanted to.

Last edited: