• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

II Platinum membership & Platinum Escapes?

2rebecca

TUG Member
Reaction score
For those of you that have been Platinum members for a while, have you noticed any trends in the time of year II offers Platinum Escapes? Any guesses when the next offering will be? The extended family is going to Orlando in Oct. I already have one 3-bedroom unit booked. Another 3-bedroom just became available for a couple hundred $ less than the first. I'm trying to decide whether to book it, or hold out in hopes of snagging something during Platinum Escapes. I know snagging a 3-bedroom during Platinum Escapes might be a stretch, but if I saved enough $ I would take a small room. (FYI-the 3-bedroom I have booked and a studio would fit us all, but another 3-bedroom would give the kids a real bed instead of the sleeper sofa.)

Sugarcubesea

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
QH, HBC, VBHC, & Pinestead Reef
For those of you that have been Platinum members for a while, have you noticed any trends in the time of year II offers Platinum Escapes? Any guesses when the next offering will be? The extended family is going to Orlando in Oct. I already have one 3-bedroom unit booked. Another 3-bedroom just became available for a couple hundred $ less than the first. I'm trying to decide whether to book it, or hold out in hopes of snagging something during Platinum Escapes. I know snagging a 3-bedroom during Platinum Escapes might be a stretch, but if I saved enough $ I would take a small room. (FYI-the 3-bedroom I have booked and a studio would fit us all, but another 3-bedroom would give the kids a real bed instead of the sleeper sofa.)
Last year I bought a Platinum Escapes for October and I got a one bedroom for $159

tschwa2

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
A few in S and VA, a single resort in NC, MD, PA, and UT, plus Jamaica and the Bahamas
What resort are you currently booked at and are you hoping for another at the same resort or any old Orlando will do? Platinum escapes can be a good deal but they rarely have 3 BRS- and they are more likely to have off brands only. If you are looking for a Marriott, if they have them at all it will likely be studios only.

2rebecca

TUG Member
Reaction score
Last year I bought a Platinum Escapes for October and I got a one bedroom for $159
Do you remember what month you were able to purchase it?

What resort are you currently booked at and are you hoping for another at the same resort or any old Orlando will do? Platinum escapes can be a good deal but they rarely have 3 BRS- and they are more likely to have off brands only. If you are looking for a Marriott, if they have them at all it will likely be studios only.
Good point. I'm currently booked at Westgate Lakes and do hope to add another room there. When I booked the 1st room there were lots of rooms at Westgate Lakes and no Marriott's. I thought I'd pick up additional rooms later since there were plenty. A few weeks later all the Westgate Lakes rooms disappeared and the Marriott's appeared. (If I could e-plus on a getaway, I would have already upgraded to the Marriott.) The Westgate Lakes just came available again and I'm debating on purchasing another one now, or waiting to see if Platinum Escapes come out again soon.

I know a 3-bed might be a stretch for platinum escapes. If I can get a 1-bedroom for $159 like Sugarcubesea got last year, I could live with the kids sleeping on pull-outs. :) Even three 1-bedrooms at that price would be cheaper than the 3-bedrooms now. It is my first time as a Platinum member, so I don't know how frequent the Platinum Escapes come around???

Sugarcubesea

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
QH, HBC, VBHC, & Pinestead Reef
Do you remember what month you were able to purchase it?

Good point. I'm currently booked at Westgate Lakes and do hope to add another room there. When I booked the 1st room there were lots of rooms at Westgate Lakes and no Marriott's. I thought I'd pick up additional rooms later since there were plenty. A few weeks later all the Westgate Lakes rooms disappeared and the Marriott's appeared. (If I could e-plus on a getaway, I would have already upgraded to the Marriott.) The Westgate Lakes just came available again and I'm debating on purchasing another one now, or waiting to see if Platinum Escapes come out again soon.

I know a 3-bed might be a stretch for platinum escapes. If I can get a 1-bedroom for $159 like Sugarcubesea got last year, I could live with the kids sleeping on pull-outs. :) Even three 1-bedrooms at that price would be cheaper than the 3-bedrooms now. It is my first time as a Platinum member, so I don't know how frequent the Platinum Escapes come around???
I just looked it up and I pitched the 1 bedroom on August 23,2016 last year for a mid October week

gnipgnop

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
What are Platinum Escapes?

tschwa2

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
A few in S and VA, a single resort in NC, MD, PA, and UT, plus Jamaica and the Bahamas
Platinum escapes are select discounted Getaways that normally are discounted an additional $150-$175 off platinum getaway locations at specific resorts. They do it a couple of times a year. I think I've posted specifics in the sightings section when they were available if you do a search.

This is an old one but kind of gives you an idea. Now a non AI studio would be $98 and a one bedroom would be $198 and a two bedroom around $249. AI's still under $100. You may see a few Marriott studios and even less frequently a Marriott 1 br. Most are off name timeshares only in the same type of locations listed.

Platinum Escapes - Going on Now!
From February 29 to March 6, 2012 enjoy extraordinary discounts on these select destinations.

Puerto Vallarta, Mexico
Studios from $22 Per Week!
Travel dates: 5/3/12 - 5/31/12

Park City, Utah
Studios from $22 Per Week!
Travel dates: 4/13/12 - 4/22/12

Austria, Alps
Studios from $32 Per Week
Travel dates: 4/7/12 - 4/24/12

Fairmont Hot Springs, British Columbia
1-bedrooms from $32 Per Week!
Travel dates: 3/15/12 - 3/31/12

Williamsburg, Virginia
2-bedrooms from $62 Per Week!
Travel dates: 3/2/12 - 3/11/12

Orlando, Florida
1-bedrooms from $62 Per Week!
Travel dates: 5/4/12 - 5/13/12

Hurry, these great deals end soon!

gnipgnop

TUG Member
Reaction score
Thank you tschwa2. Your help is always appreciated. :)

dioxide45

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Sheraton Vistana Villages
Club Wyndham CWA
I looked back at my email offers on this and they always seem to offer the Platinum Escapes in February, April, August and October of each year. Last year for August offering, it was from August 29th to Sept 2nd.

2rebecca

TUG Member
Reaction score
I looked back at my email offers on this and they always seem to offer the Platinum Escapes in February, April, August and October of each year. Last year for August offering, it was from August 29th to Sept 2nd.
Thank you!! This is exactly what I need!