• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

I'm trying the Direct Exchange thru Quarter House

Sugarcubesea

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
QH, HBC, VBHC, & Pinestead Reef
I sent Nina at QH my list of locations, dates and states I would like to vacation at in 2018 and now I just wait for a match. Has anyone used QH's Direct Trade before and if so how did it go?

I gave up my week 3 at QH so I just need to determine how long I should wait to get a match?

jackio

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Sand Pebbles, Sheraton Broadway Plantation, Hawaiian Sun Holidays
I am a new QH owner. Can you explain how this internal exchange works? I own week 42 one bedroom.

Wegovaca

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Lacabana, Aruba, Quarterhouse, NOLA, Hyatt Beach House, KW
I'm an owner at QH and had no idea that QH does a direct trade. What is the cost? We own Mardi Gras week.

chapjim

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham VIPF & PresRes, HVC/DRI (Gold), Quarter House (4), Resort on Cocoa Beach (2), HGVC Tuscany Village, HGVC South Beach-McAlpin, HGVC Parc Soleil
I'm an owner at QH and had no idea that QH does a direct trade. What is the cost? We own Mardi Gras week.

Why would you want to exchange?

Wegovaca

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Lacabana, Aruba, Quarterhouse, NOLA, Hyatt Beach House, KW
It was an informative question. I like to know as much as I can about things, don't you?

Last edited:

chapjim

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham VIPF & PresRes, HVC/DRI (Gold), Quarter House (4), Resort on Cocoa Beach (2), HGVC Tuscany Village, HGVC South Beach-McAlpin, HGVC Parc Soleil
It was an informative question. I like to know as much as I can about things, don't you?

Internal exchanges don't cost anything. Nina takes care of it. Obviously, the exchange requires someone making your desired week available. No one here can tell you how long to wait.

I've done exchanges. I've had some where the match never came through. I did one exchange on the spot when I showed up a week early! (Lesson: don't use any other timeshare calendar to determine when your week is. Only use QH's calendar.)

Linden

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Smoky Mountains, Club Wyndham Access, Quarter House New Orleans
Internal exchanges don't cost anything. Nina takes care of it. Obviously, the exchange requires someone making your desired week available. No one here can tell you how long to wait.

I've done exchanges. I've had some where the match never came through. I did one exchange on the spot when I showed up a week early! (Lesson: don't use any other timeshare calendar to determine when your week is. Only use QH's calendar.)

Jim, Do you find that the QH's calendar differs from Redweek? Where do I find the QH's calendar? I didn't find it on there web site.

Sugarcubesea

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
I am a new QH owner. Can you explain how this internal exchange works? I own week 42 one bedroom.
Hi, Per the spring QH newsletter, they explain the Direct Exchange program. The Direct Trades Exchange Fee is $125 and no member fee is required. When I spoke to Nina (QH-Manager in charge of Direct Exchanges) She told me to put a list together of Locations (Cities/States) and Dates and she would then try to make an exchange for me. I would recommend contacting Nina Lay at extension 162 at 800-736-5906, I just don't want to give wrong info...I sent my request in to her late Friday night, so I will keep everyone updated via this post once I have more information.

Sugarcubesea

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned

HI Jim, Have you ever done the direct exchange with QH? Just wondering how long I should wait, I don't want to lose my weeks use...thanks much

chapjim

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
I don't remember what happened that year except we showed up for Week 47 (normally Thanksgiving Week) only to find that Week 47 was the next week. It might have been that Week 1 was later than on most calendars, probably because of Sugar Bowl week. Week 52 is always Sugar Bowl week and sometimes the Sugar Bowl isn't on New Year's Day. If the Sugar Bowl is played on say, January 4, then it could fall in what everybody else calls Week 1.

QH's calendar comes in the quarterly newletter they send to owners. I attached the one for 2017 -- don't have 2018 yet.

Attachments

• QH 2017 Calendar.pdf
    1.8 MB · Views: 157

Sugarcubesea

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
I don't remember what happened that year except we showed up for Week 47 (normally Thanksgiving Week) only to find that Week 47 was the next week. It might have been that Week 1 was later than on most calendars, probably because of Sugar Bowl week. Week 52 is always Sugar Bowl week and sometimes the Sugar Bowl isn't on New Year's Day. If the Sugar Bowl is played on say, January 4, then it could fall in what everybody else calls Week 1.

QH's calendar comes in the quarterly newletter they send to owners. I attached the one for 2017 -- don't have 2018 yet.
Thanks Jim, as always you are super helpful.

Sugarcubesea

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
The cost is $125 and you send a list to Nina and she will try and find a match

Sugarcubesea

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
duplicate post

Last edited:

Sugarcubesea

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Hi, Per the spring QH newsletter, they explain the Direct Exchange program. The Direct Trades Exchange Fee is $125 and no member fee is required. When I spoke to Nina (QH-Manager in charge of Direct Exchanges) She told me to put a list together of Locations (Cities/States) and Dates and she would then try to make an exchange for me. I would recommend contacting Nina Lay at extension 162 at 800-736-5906, I just don't want to give wrong info...I sent my request in to her late Friday night, so I will keep everyone updated via this post once I have more information.

UPDATE: just finished a conversation with Nina at QH. You have 1 year from the date that you deposit your unit with QH to make a match. Nina stated since I gave her multiple states and dates I should not have a problem getting a match made. I'm very excited as I feel $125 is a good deal for an exchange

spackler

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Quarter House, Jean Lafitte House, Bali Hai
Thanks for the updates; I haven't used this feature yet but I probably will at some point.

Sugarcubesea

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
I'm so excited, Nina just scored a summer reservation for August of 2018 at Spinnaker at Shipyard for my Quarter House Direct Exchange. For a cost of $125, I'm very happy...

Free2Roam

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Club Wyndham, Quarter House, a handful of East Coast beach resorts
Congrats! With Quarter House low maintenance fees and the low exchange fee, nice exchange!!

I've done an in-house exchange for a different week before, but I've never used the direct exchange to get another resort.

silentg

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Fitzpatrick's Castle Holiday Homes,
Enchanted Isle.
You will enjoy it Congratulations!

Saintsfanfl

TUG Member
Reaction score

That is not how the Sugar Bowl week works. The QH calendar is consistent and a very common timeshare calendar but a fixed event week like Sugar Bowl will switch with week 1 when the Sugar Bowl falls after the normal week 52 check-out. It does not push the calendar forward.

Thanksgiving is not a fixed event week and Thanksgiving sometimes falls on week 46. It is like this at every timeshare resort that I know of. Unless there is a resort that has a fixed Thanksgiving week it will always vary. Not as much as July 4 week 26/27 but it still happens I think every 2 or 3 years in 7.

Sugarcubesea

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Congrats! With Quarter House low maintenance fees and the low exchange fee, nice exchange!!

I've done an in-house exchange for a different week before, but I've never used the direct exchange to get another resort.
With this great experience I will no longer ever deposit my QH into II going forward as this will provide me a fabulous option for trading at a very low price. WIN-WIN for me. I’m loving my QH.

chapjim

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
That is not how the Sugar Bowl week works. The QH calendar is consistent and a very common timeshare calendar but a fixed event week like Sugar Bowl will switch with week 1 when the Sugar Bowl falls after the normal week 52 check-out. It does not push the calendar forward.

Thanksgiving is not a fixed event week and Thanksgiving sometimes falls on week 46. It is like this at every timeshare resort that I know of. Unless there is a resort that has a fixed Thanksgiving week it will always vary. Not as much as July 4 week 26/27 but it still happens I think every 2 or 3 years in 7.

Maybe I just effed up! But, since I have a Week 46, QH could have put me in that unit. Instead, they exchanged my 2BR Week 47 for a vacant 2BR LO. Whatever! QH gets kudos for taking care of an owner.

Sugarcubesea

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Maybe I just effed up! But, since I have a Week 46, QH could have put me in that unit. Instead, they exchanged my 2BR Week 47 for a vacant 2BR LO. Whatever! QH gets kudos for taking care of an owner.
QH, really is an outstanding TS and they do take very good care of their owners.

Saintsfanfl

TUG Member
Reaction score

That worked out! One not so hidden gem of the QH is the ability for an owner to book a discounted nightly rate. This makes it really nice night to book the larger units for only a weekend.