• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Interval Platinum Refund

Suzy

TUG Member
Reaction score
Has anyone tried to get a refund for the Interval Platinum membership? I signed up last month, and see no benefit. I just called Interval to request a refund and the woman said they do not issue refunds if I want to cancel, not even a partial refund.

I suppose I can file a claim with my credit card, or file a complaint with the MO Attorney General.

mdurette

Sighting Expert & TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
I haven't hear of any - but curious, what features did you believe you would get that you are not satisfied with?

sjsharkie

TUG Member
Reaction score
Unless you cancel within your state mandated rescission period (if applicable -- generally a few days so you are likely out of that period if you signed up last month), you are not entitled to a refund. This is clearly spelled out in the terms of the membership.

IMHO Interval is unlikely to allow cancellation, because they have already paid third parties a fee to provide you with benefits (i.e. airline club, hertz, etc.). Whether or not those are truly benefits is arguable, but I doubt they can claw back those fees paid to third parties.

If you feel there was something misleading, not fulfilled, etc. - then you may have luck with the other methods of recourse you mentioned.

For me, it's a math exercise -- if free guest certificates and discounted upgrade fees exceed the membership, I join; if not, I pass. Good luck.

-ryan

rickandcindy23

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Founder; Disney OKW & SSR; Marriott's Willow Ridge and Shadow Ridge,Grand Chateau; Val Chatelle; Hono Koa OF (3); SBR(LOTS), SDO a few; Grand Palms(selling); WKORV-OF ,Westin Desert Willow.
Reduced upgrade fees and free guest certificates is enough benefit for me to keep it, but I see why someone would not find those benefits valuable. If I owned 1 or 2 two bedroom units, the discounted upgrade fees would be of no benefit. But I use the heck out of both.

Maybe you should challenge II to find you an airfare with the companion fare and see if that benefit is even viable.

gmarine

Tug Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Member
Reaction score
Has anyone tried to get a refund for the Interval Platinum membership? I signed up last month, and see no benefit. I just called Interval to request a refund and the woman said they do not issue refunds if I want to cancel, not even a partial refund.

I suppose I can file a claim with my credit card, or file a complaint with the MO Attorney General.

You can certainly file a dispute with your credit card. You will need to explain how you did not receive what you paid for. You wont just get a refund because you changed your mind or it wasnt what you thought it was as long as the membership provided what it said it would.

Same goes for a complaint to the AG. What was in the membership terms that was not provided to you ?

Suzy

TUG Member
Reaction score
I do not use guest certificates or upgrades. I just signed up on Dec. 30, and when I navigate the website for other benefits, they're really of no benefit to me.

I specifically asked the agent who asks every time they call (sometimes 3 times per day) if I could cancel if I didn't see a benefit. They always ask about upgraded membership, credit card, etc. She said yes, of course I could cancel since I have a regular membership and since I've been a member for 18 years, and they value my membership.

dioxide45

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Sheraton Vistana Villages
Club Wyndham CWA
Shouldn't you have evaluated the cost vs benefits before signing up for Platinum? You can always try emailing the II TUG Members Mailbox to see if Mark can help you with a refund.

Saintsfanfl

TUG Member
Reaction score
That sounds like a saleperson trying to make a sale. They are just going to deny promising a refund. What made you take the plunge that time vs all the previous?

I agree with Dioxide. Mark is probably your only shot at a refund.

Suzy

TUG Member
Reaction score
I just caved after they always call to discuss my travel plans - calling to see if I will accept a 1 bedroom, another alternate destination or resort, saying I'll get so many more benefits. They also read something now that is required about insurance, eplus, etc. The list goes on and on. If I don't answer the phone, I get postcards in the mail saying they have tried unsuccessfully to contact me. Sick of those too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mdurette

Sighting Expert & TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Good morning Suzy - well, it simply appears that you purchased something without your own research. Many, many people have done that on this board and regretted it. But, it is usually for the TS itself and cost them much more than $99! Sorry, just trying to find a bright side for you.

It seems you're more aggravated by their calls than anything. Call them and ask to flag your file and NOT call you anymore regarding your OGS. Years and years ago I would get the same calls, I finally told them one day that I put in the request because that is what I wanted and I didn't need their phone calls offering alternative. I haven't received a call from them since then.

Saintsfanfl

TUG Member
Reaction score
I just caved after they always call to discuss my travel plans - calling to see if I will accept a 1 bedroom, another alternate destination or resort, saying I'll get so many more benefits. They also read something now that is required about insurance, eplus, etc. The list goes on and on. If I don't answer the phone, I get postcards in the mail saying they have tried unsuccessfully to contact me. Sick of those too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You can prevent them from calling by removing your consent to call a cell phone, or put in a bogus phone number. Either method works. If you need them to be able to call you which I sometimes do, just hand up when you realize they are trying to fish for a sale or an bad alternative match. Staying on the phone isn't worth it.