• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Is there a website where owners review TS salespersons?

NYFLTRAVELER

TUG Member
Reaction score
i am wondering if there is anywhere on this site, or otherwise, where there are reviews of TS salespeople by brand (Marriott, etc)??

klpca

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
SDO, Quarter House, Seapointe, Coronado Beach, Carlsbad Inn, Worldmark
Try Yelp.

TUGBrian

Administrator
Reaction score
would be an interesting list given the amount of turnover in such positions!

theo

TUG Member
Reaction score
<snip>...having such a list here - helps potential buyers

I respectfully disagree. My personal opinion is that attempting to construct and / or maintain any such "list" would just be a complete waste of time and effort, basically constituting an exercise in futility, for reasons including (but certainly not limited to) the following:

1. It is widely known and acknowledged that Wyndham and Westgate consistently have the most aggressive (and most deceitful) sales weasels in the industry.
Of what possible use or value would it be to know the names of individual lying sales weasels within those systems?

2. Even in systems (or "chains") with more respectable and better behaved sales personnel, one has little or no control over which particular salespeople will be present or encountered upon entering any developer salesroom at any given time. Accordingly, of what use or value would it be to know the names of individual sales personnel others may have previously (and randomly) encountered sometime in the past?

3. As TUG Brian has noted, the turnover among timeshare salespeople is likely so rapid and endless that any such list would always be outdated anyhow.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Abbreviated "Cliff Notes" version: Buy resale. Stay away from any and all developer sales pens. Period. The End. :)
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Last edited:

DeniseM

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV, WKV, 2-SDO, 4-Kauai Beach Villas, Island Park Village (Yellowstone), Hyatt High Sierra, Dolphin's Cove (Anaheim)

NYFLTRAVELER

TUG Member
Reaction score
In some instances it could be better to purchase direct if pricing is right. Marriott for example has made it difficult to buy "cheap" points on the resale market by adding the $2 per point fee ($3000) minimum. I was lucky I was able to buy resale a few years ago (thanks to this site). However, if the average resale price per point to pass ROFR is slightly over $5 per point (which it presently is) plus you tack on a $2 per point fee, that is at least $7 per point. On a 1000-1500 point purchase you are still ahead of the game buying resale (going rate is $12.99pp).... However, They are promoting programs right now where (depending on the number of points one purchases -and whether you buy a resale week through them which you can convert to Destinations points) you can buy from Marriott direct at just about the same amount. If it is apples to apples with respect to the cost (give or take a few dollars) I'd rather purchase from the company.

Don't get me wrong, I personally do not like what they did with the $2 per point transfer fee, but that is their way of protecting their shareholders, from a business standpoint cannot really fault them for that.

Passepartout

TUG Member
Reaction score
I think it's wise to follow the advice on one TUGger's signature line.
"99% of timeshare salespeople give the rest a bad reputation."

Jim

dioxide45

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Sheraton Vistana Villages
Club Wyndham CWA
What help would a bunch of 1 star reviews do. I wouldn't expect there to be many positive reviews given that only about 1 in 10 people buy and aggressive sales tactics would drive down ratings. I also rarely know or even remember the first and last name of the sales guy I talk to.

NYFLTRAVELER

TUG Member
Reaction score
I know its rare. However my first MVCI salesperson was a great guy. Friendly, personable and not pushy at all. Took the time to educate us about the program, answered all my questions and then I went out and bought resale. Unfortunately he is no longer there. I've then encountered others at MVCO where I knew more about the program and benefits than them; and others where but not for their abrasive personality, I would have probably purchased something.

DeniseM

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV, WKV, 2-SDO, 4-Kauai Beach Villas, Island Park Village (Yellowstone), Hyatt High Sierra, Dolphin's Cove (Anaheim)
OK - but it's still not a good idea to buy from the developer - even if the sales person is pleasant.

artringwald

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
DRI: The Point at Poipu, 3 deeded weeks, 1 of which is in The Club.

Passepartout

TUG Member
Reaction score
If I would have remembered where I saw it, I'd have credited you. Good one!

Sent from my R1 HD using Tapatalk

dioxide45

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Sheraton Vistana Villages
Club Wyndham CWA
Another problem is you rarely get the chance to pick your sales person when you sign up for a presentation, so it isn't like reading reviews will help much going in.

TUGBrian

Administrator
Reaction score
it would be interesting if one could put in a request for a particular salesperson...

RX8

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC and DVC
...However my first MVCI salesperson was a great guy. Friendly, personable and not pushy at all. Took the time to educate us about the program, answered all my questions... Unfortunately he is no longer there.

Guy probably got fired because he wasn't the type of employee they were looking for. :)

csxjohn

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Tropic Shores Resort, Bluegreen points
There is a face book group set up to report on sales meetings in the Bluegreen system. Not individual sales people but any review.

It's purpose is to point out to others what blatant lies are being told from time to time so others are prepared.

I always advise to stay away from them but there are tons of folks who go for the freebies. Many of them come back and say they heard this or that and want to know it it's true. It seldom is.

Here is the group if you are interested.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/1718664518412381/

Talent312

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC & GTS
I'll give you a blanket rating on every TS salescreep I've dealt with:
On a scale of '0' (low) to '5' (high), each would earn a '-2'... hope this helps.

Saintsfanfl

TUG Member
Reaction score
In some instances it could be better to purchase direct if pricing is right.

You don't need a salesperson if you already know what you want. You just call up and state the package you want and I'm sure they will put it together if they can do it. It is doubtful any salesperson will give proper advice on the best hybrid package. They usually push weeks that are impossible to sell otherwise, like HHI Bronze.

Cheryl20772

TUG Member
Reaction score
You walk in to the resort the check in. You just want your keys and to get to your room and relax from your long trip. Do they give you your key? Well, they give you the room key, but send you to another desk to pick up your car's parking permission tag. Do they smile and hand you the parking tag? No! They hold it hostage while they twist your arm to attend an owner 'update', or 'breakfast' or 'meeting'. Maybe we should have a rating section for the parking pass people to find the ones who just graciously give over the parking pass and pool bands. Never mind the sales people. I will never ever sit with one of them again!