• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

July 4 , 2018 Laguna Surf resort

Greg G

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Star Island Kissimmee FL
Got an exchange into Laguna Surf resort for the week of July 4th 2018. I assume Laguna Beach has a big fireworks show and other activities. I'll do some google searches on past July 4ths but anybody been there for July 4th and what activities did you like?

Greg

jlp879

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
I haven't ever been over the July 4th holiday, but do check out their annual Pagent of the Masters festival. It's unique!

https://www.foapom.com

SmithOp

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC King's Land 2BR Premier 23.040K Points.
We were just there today, drove down to Dana Point and took a hike on the bluffs. Stopped in LB for lunch on the way back, had a gyro and picnic'ed up at Heisler park where the fireworks show is. Should be easily visible from the beach below Surf or its about a mile walk to the park. Laguna Shores is right across the street from the park.

http://www.visitlagunabeach.com/events/fourth-of-july/

There are plenty of things to do, pick up one of the cityguides pamphlets all over town.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Greg G

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Star Island Kissimmee FL
So the resort sent me an exchange letter besides the II confirmation I received. In the letter it stated: "Remarks: VILLAGE VIEW-1BDRM/1BATH"
I am aware that a Village View is on the back side of the resort (7 units on the back) and not the desirable ocean side, plus the fact its an exchange and it is over the July 4th week which would have made it very unlikely of getting an ocean view.
I had read that most units have 2 bathrooms. Was curious if anyone knew what if any Village view don't have 2 bathrooms (short of me calling the resort)?
Does anyone have an actual resort layout showing the location of units? Maybe I could ask for one of the end Village view units if I get there early enough in the day?

Greg

taffy19

Reaction score
So the resort sent me an exchange letter besides the II confirmation I received. In the letter it stated: "Remarks: VILLAGE VIEW-1BDRM/1BATH"
I am aware that a Village View is on the back side of the resort (7 units on the back) and not the desirable ocean side, plus the fact its an exchange and it is over the July 4th week which would have made it very unlikely of getting an ocean view.
I had read that most units have 2 bathrooms. Was curious if anyone knew what if any Village view don't have 2 bathrooms (short of me calling the resort)?
Does anyone have an actual resort layout showing the location of units? Maybe I could ask for one of the end Village view units if I get there early enough in the day?

Greg
Hi Greg,

Condo #203 and 303 have one bathroom and they are on the street side. The end units are #201 and #209. You can see the ocean from the balconies only. We are are owners here since it opened up and I do have a few pictures of the street views on the second floor and will try to find them.

Even numbers are on the ocean side and condo #104 downstairs has only one bathroom too. We have often stayed in that unit over the years and even with 2 family members. The condos are small but cozy and all have a gas fireplace that we really like in the evening because our evening temperatures are always a lot cooler than during the day. This is why restaurants have heat lamps too so you can still enjoy dining outside. We have a few of these restaurants in walking distance.

They do have fireworks but we have never been there on that day. You can download a visitors guide here when you arrive next year. Fireworks in Laguna Beach with our coastline in the background. Really spectacular. The Facebook group that I subscribe to has some amazing photos of Laguna and especially sunsets, beach, ocean and waves. We really like Laguna Beach and our little timeshare too. You can call the front desk if you have questions about your reservation. They are really friendly and helpful but Friday is a very busy day for them so I wouldn't call that day.

Someone recommended the "Pageant of the Masters" already and I can highly recommend that too. We have seen it quite a few times. I used to live in Laguna Beach. Try to get tickets in advance.

I also highly recommend Captain Dave's Dolphin & Whale Watching Safari. He has a YouTube channel too with drone movies of the whales and many dolphins, etc. You may even see a whale or two in July according to his webpage here.

PS. It looks like the PDF file of the resort map layout is attached. :)

Attachments

• Laguna-Surf-Map-Layout.pdf
    1,021.5 KB · Views: 156
Last edited:

SmithOp

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC King's Land 2BR Premier 23.040K Points.
I've stayed in 106 and 203. I think the 2 bathroom layout has a murphy bed vs the pullout couch in the 1 bathroom, at least that is the major difference I observed in the two.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

taffy19

Reaction score
All oceanfront units have a Murphy bed in the living room and look the same except that a few condo floor plans are reversed. Some have bigger balconies than others. There is a photo gallery on their website.

http://www.lagunasurf.org/photo-gallery/

Every street side condo looks different from each other. I saw three on the second floor. I will search Smugmug tonight and post a few pictures or albums.

I know that the staff is very obliging. I came in the front office once when the Manager was trying to call several street side owners or guests to let them know that an owner had checked out early on the oceanfront side and that they were willing to move them to an oceanfront unit. It took him three calls and they may do this when they are not too busy.

They have a weekly Manager's meeting on Monday at 10 AM for everyone with coffee and donuts where people introduce themselves and questions are answered by our Resort Manager and restaurant recommendations are given by the guests or what to visit. One guest recommended Mozambique and we went back there again after several years and it was good. It was a Jazz evening too so I was happy. We went to his second restaurant (don't remember the name) but the music was too loud for me and it was more casual dining. The manager brought me ear plugs which I didn't even ask for but he saw me holding my hands over my ears. I was impressed.

You could go to a different restaurant every night even in walking distance but they do have a full kitchen in the condo so you don't have to plus each condo has a barbecue on the balcony. They have discount tickets for several restaurants at the front desk but the lease of the Athena Spa has run out and they moved. They had been there for many years.

Last edited:

Greg G

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Star Island Kissimmee FL
Thanks for info on the resort. Yes, if you have street side photos, I'd be interested in seeing them

Greg

taffy19

Reaction score
Greg, do you know what condo number is assigned to you? Was it with II or RCI or another exchange company? I don't believe that they change the condos around in general before your visit like some resorts do.

Village view from condo #201 on the second floor. You can only see the ocean from the balcony. Sorry for the bad photos but it wasn't a nice clear day.

i-DR34fqJ-M.jpg

i-hWTgJvp-M.jpg

i-Hj8tnsh-M.jpg

Village view from condo #203 on the second floor.

i-BcJLCNH-M.jpg

i-RpX7PnD-M.jpg

i-gznpDBw-M.jpg

i-mZRSVsF-M.jpg

i-NfcfHXv-M.jpg

I looked for the photos I had taken from condo #207 but that must have been a different year with a different camera so haven't found them yet on Smugmug. I may send you a PM when I find them and one other album too.

Greg G

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Star Island Kissimmee FL
Thx for the pics. It's an II exchange and the unit number they have shown is "1" which I assume is just some generic place holder. The letter I got from the resort itself only indicated"VILLAGE VIEW-1BDRM/1BATH"