• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Jump in resale prices

BellaWyn

TUG Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Member
Reaction score
Which brings us to another point. CWA MF's. I think these babies are going to skyrocket again next year because most of the contracts that are going thru Ovation I believe are the ones with ZERO resale value and HIGH MF's. With no low MF contracts heading into CWA look for your MF's to come in near $7 next year. I would be very skeptical about buying into CWA until this settles out.
Sans Brian's skeptisim, if the CWA MF's take another high increase like they did this year and MFs DO begin to "skyrocket" what's that going to do to WYNs Golden Child program? CWA is being sold as the newest and shiniest penny in the group but even aftermarket contracts will quickly become less desireable specifically because of high MF's.

ronparise

TUG Member
Reaction score
Two points

1)Once the UDI points from a resort are sold out the only thing the salesmen at that resort have to sell is CWA

2) There are still below average mf properties going into CWA I recently gave 12 weeks at avenue plaza back through ovation. studios will convert to $4.30 /1000 and one bedrooms to $5.30
I have also turned back national harbor, smoky mountains and Bali hai deeds.

And one more thing. There are two reasons to buy at a particular resort , low mf or ARP

There will still be demand for CWA by the folks that are buying for ARP no matter the mf

Last edited:

BellaWyn

TUG Member
Reaction score
Two points

1)Once the UDI points from a resort are sold out the only thing the salesmen at that resort have to sell is CWA

2) There are still below average mf properties going into CWA I recently gave 12 weeks at avenue plaza back through ovation. studios will convert to $4.30 /1000 and one bedrooms to $5.30
I have also turned back national harbor, smoky mountains and Bali hai deeds.

And one more thing. There are two reasons to buy at a particular resort or low mf or ARP

There will still be demand for CWA by the folks that are buying for ARP no matter the mf
1) ARP with CWA is not guaranteed at high demand, high season locations. Another WYN illusion? There are only so many units that can be made available for ARP. It will fall to those that queue up for the grap at the first possible opportunity.
2) Are you saying WYN will no longer bring on properties that will get sold as UDI or continue to flip the more valuable UDI/point contracts that can be re-sold outside of dumping them all into CWA?

Not a question - statement: You are too contract savvy to let a low MF National Harbor contract, if it still has some real aftermarket value, get "turned back" which subsequently leads one to presume it was not entirely voluntary.

nicemann

TUG Member
Reaction score
1) ARP with CWA is not guaranteed at high demand, high season locations. Another WYN illusion? There are only so many units that can be made available for ARP. It will fall to those that queue up for the grap at the first possible opportunity.
2) Are you saying WYN will no longer bring on properties that will get sold as UDI or continue to flip the more valuable UDI/point contracts that can be re-sold outside of dumping them all into CWA?

Not a question - statement: You are too contract savvy to let a low MF National Harbor contract, if it still has some real aftermarket value, get "turned back" which subsequently leads one to presume it was not entirely voluntary.

Yeah I was wondering the same thing when I read that. Why he would "turn" National Harbor in? Going to guess it was part of his settlement but he can't give the details on. Only a guess of course.

BellaWyn

TUG Member
Reaction score
Yeah I was wondering the same thing when I read that. Why he would "turn" National Harbor in? Going to guess it was part of his settlement but he can't give the details on. Only a guess of course.
Do we have 100% confirmation that ALL Ovation turnbacks ONLY go into CWA? Is it conceivable that some are getting turned back simply because the owner has aged out of wanting to pay MF's on a decent UDI/points contract and then WYN flips it for a devloper sale without putting it into CWA?

Braindead

TUG Member
Reaction score
One would speculate. Ron did like to strip contracts.

ronparise

TUG Member
Reaction score
Wyn is not selling fixed weeks so when these are given back something has to happen to them. CWA is the only answer I can come up with

I think it's a special case but the avenue plaza hoa has said some of the weeks they foreclose on go to Worldmark

BellaWyn

TUG Member
Reaction score
Wyn is not selling fixed weeks so when these are given back something has to happen to them. CWA is the only answer I can come up with

I think it's a special case but the avenue plaza hoa has said some of the weeks they foreclose on go to Worldmark
We already know that Wyn will first "convert" any FW contract to points but also know, to maintain clarification of contract type, that those are not the same as a UDI contract. Hence, the reference to points.

Will make no attempt to speak to anything related to Avenue Plaza.

ronparise

TUG Member
Reaction score

ARP is never guaranteed UDI or CWA
I know I never got all my la Belle Maison points in Mardi Gras reservations. Availability always ran out before my points were used up. That's why I bought CWA. To improve my chances

I'm saying that when a resort is sold out the sales men at that resort can't sell any more UDI. But they can sell cwa

Also there are some resorts that are all CWA.

My point is CWA will still be sold by Wyndham and on the secondary market even if mf goes up

Braindead

TUG Member
Reaction score
Also known to be adept at reselling a stripped contract to happy buyers.
Correct. We even heard from one of his happy customers. Ron is upfront and honest. Not a swipe at Ron maybe he had a chance to turn in contracts and stop paying maintenance fees. Ron is very prudent on his financial decisions from what I have seen.

ronparise

TUG Member
Reaction score
We already know that Wyn will first "convert" any FW contract to points but also know, to maintain clarification of contract type, that those are not the same as a UDI contract. Hence, the reference to points.

Will make no attempt to speak to anything related to Avenue Plaza.

The point someone made was that mostly high mf stuff was going into cwa. My counter was that some low mf stuff is going in there too. Specifically the fixed weeks I gave back.

BellaWyn

TUG Member
Reaction score
ARP is never guaranteed UDI or CWA
I know I never got all my la Belle Maison points in Mardi Gras reservations. Availability always ran out before my points were used up. That's why I bought CWA. To improve my chances

I'm saying that when a resort is sold out the sales men at that resort can't sell any more UDI. But they can sell cwa

Also there are some resorts that are all CWA.

My point is CWA will still be sold by Wyndham and on the secondary market even if mf goes up
Any MY point was less about WILL CWA sell and more about it becoming less desirable (scroll up) as it is currently being touted.

Wyn will sell pretty much any contract that they think will bring them profit. But there are a lot of CWA owners that have been convinced that CWA is the end all beat all of contract type in the entire system. When MF's go up, the contract still can and will sell. But then so do the UDI & points contracts also, both developer flip and secondary market.

bnoble

TUG Member
Reaction score
CWA is being sold as the newest and shiniest penny in the group but even aftermarket contracts will quickly become less desireable specifically because of high MF's.
Wyndham does not care about aftermarket contracts. Not their problem. As an aside, is Wyndham selling anything *other than* CWA at the moment? There are reasons to think they would not. Wyndham retains voting rights for all CWA inventory, and does not require a full-blown foreclosure process to claw back non-performing contracts/loans.

Do we have 100% confirmation that ALL Ovation turnbacks ONLY go into CWA?
No, but it's likely; see above.

Braindead

TUG Member
Reaction score
As an aside, is Wyndham selling anything *other than* CWA at the moment? There are reasons to think they would not.
Yes. Desert Blue,Waikiki Beach Walk, RoyalGardens,Kona that I'm aware of. I was told by sales weasel a year ago Hawaii property was not going into CWA. I'm not stating that as fact but seems possible. I was just at Waikiki and they were selling the 3 above presently individually

ronparise

TUG Member
Reaction score
Im a short term cash flow kind of guy.. If I see an opportunity to improve my cash flow this month I do it. Even if it might seem a bad idea from a long term point of view. I n my 6 years with wyndham I have bought and sold something like 100 million points. If I have to give away something good like National Harbor, to get rid of something bad, Ill do it if it improves my cash flow a little bit this month. And Ill worry about next month when it comes.

ecwinch

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Harbour Point (HP), Kauai Beach Villas, Riverside Suites, WorldMark Pts (WM), Wyndham Pts
But you must have had some plan if the merry-go-round stopped.

nicemann

TUG Member
Reaction score
Im 70 years old Eric, Im gonna die in not too many more years.... thats my plan anyway

Hey I agree, if you don't have anyone depending on things after you pass away, I agree enjoy life now. I plan on being that way once I am close to that age.

dagger1

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Hyatt Wild Oak Ranch, Hyatt Main Street Station, Hyatt Ka’anapali; Marriott Ko’Olina, Marriott Waiohai; Marriott Maui Ocean Club; Wyndham CWA points, Worldmark credits.
Hey I agree, if you don't have anyone depending on things after you pass away, I agree enjoy life now. I plan on being that way once I am close to that age.
I plan on dying someday too, if I live that long!!!

ronparise

TUG Member
Reaction score

what I should have added is that the timeshares will be wyndhams problem then

nicemann

TUG Member
Reaction score
what I should have added is that the timeshares will be wyndhams problem then

That brings up a good point. Something I have not researched yet. If I pass away and my wife does also since she is on the contract, does my son become responsible if he is of age? Or is something he has the choice or taking or not taking. I am sure I could Will it to him but if he decides at the time he doesn't want it does Wyndham just have to take it back?

Jan M.

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Presidential Reserve at Panama City Beach
Club Wyndham Access
Grandview Las Vegas and Discovery Beach Resort - Both in RCI Points
Woodstone and Summit at Massanutten - Both in RCI weeks used as Wyndham PICs
That brings up a good point. Something I have not researched yet. If I pass away and my wife does also since she is on the contract, does my son become responsible if he is of age? Or is something he has the choice or taking or not taking. I am sure I could Will it to him but if he decides at the time he doesn't want it does Wyndham just have to take it back?

If his name is not on the deed he has the option of refusing it.

breezez

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WorldMark 39K
Wyndham 406K
RCI Points 196K
Hyatt Pinon Pointe
Hyatt Coconut Plantation
Im 70 years old Eric, Im gonna die in not too many more years.... thats my plan anyway

Don't die soon - I love all you post and have learned a ton reading them on here :)

nicemann

TUG Member
Reaction score
If his name is not on the deed he has the option of refusing it.

Thanks. Saved me some time searching. Many years left for myself hopefully. Good to know also since my dad just bought one so I'm sure I will be the one left with it.