• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Jump in resale prices

Richelle

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham National Harbor
Wyndham Canterbury
Wyndham Atlanta
Bay Club of Sandestin
Williamsburg Plantation
Really ... 154K contract? Plus the extra cost for the minimum CWA/CWP club fee ($127) add another $54 yearly on top of the MFs. That is only 2 RTs for the entire year (reservation transaction .. what do each additional RT cost now $59 each?)

I would still look at the unit sizes you need in 3+ years ... kids grow and as they get OLDER, kids want to bring friends. You might want to bring an au pair or grandma on some trips. And as they grow, should they be staying in the LR or in their own private bedroom?

Oh and I think you are right about the $59 but that's if it's over the phone. If you do it when you make a reservation online it is $30. I honestly don't see them needing more then 2 RT with a 154k contract, unless they credit pool but even still. When you credit pool, you do it for a one or maybe even two vacations. If you need multiple rooms, you make the reservations on the same day and you only end up using 1. I've never needed to buy more. The only people who need more then that are people who take a bunch of small vacations or people who rent out reservations.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

JamesN

Reaction score
Oh and I think you are right about the $59 but that's if it's over the phone. If you do it when you make a reservation online it is $30. I honestly don't see them needing more then 2 RT with a 154k contract, unless they credit pool but even still. When you credit pool, you do it for a one or maybe even two vacations. If you need multiple rooms, you make the reservations on the same day and you only end up using 1. I've never needed to buy more. The only people who need more then that are people who take a bunch of small vacations or people who rent out reservations.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Dang this system is hard to figure out. So you are saying if I credit pool my points they will wont credit pool the RT with them???? So if I only if I only get 2 a year based on my points for a year I will have to pay to use these pooled points if I don't make a very long vacation or book them all the same day? Starting to think they have way too many rules!!

nicemann

TUG Member
Reaction score
Dang this system is hard to figure out. So you are saying if I credit pool my points they will wont credit pool the RT with them???? So if I only if I only get 2 a year based on my points for a year I will have to pay to use these pooled points if I don't make a very long vacation or book them all the same day? Starting to think they have way too many rules!!

Yep that is my understanding also. I have never pooled my points so someone could correct me. They will make their money one way or another.

dagger1

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Hyatt Wild Oak Ranch, Hyatt Main Street Station, Hyatt Ka’anapali; Marriott Ko’Olina, Marriott Waiohai; Marriott Maui Ocean Club; Wyndham CWA points, Worldmark credits.
Bali Hai is sales gold for Wyndham and will never be in CWA.

When I log in and look at resorts available in Hawaii, Wyndham Bali Hai shows availability the first week in December (when we are considering going). All we have are CWA points...

Ty1on

TUG Member
Reaction score
That's because you are in the 10 month window. CWA not having any inventory @ Bali Hai doesn't mean you can't use your CWA to reserve there within the 10 month.

cayman01

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Bali Hai, Shearwater
When I log in and look at resorts available in Hawaii, Wyndham Bali Hai shows availability the first week in December (when we are considering going). All we have are CWA points...

Points are points at 10 months. Book it if you want it....

dagger1

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Hyatt Wild Oak Ranch, Hyatt Main Street Station, Hyatt Ka’anapali; Marriott Ko’Olina, Marriott Waiohai; Marriott Maui Ocean Club; Wyndham CWA points, Worldmark credits.
That's because you are in the 10 month window. CWA not having any inventory @ Bali Hai doesn't mean you can't use your CWA to reserve there within the 10 month.
Thanks, I see now.. There is no ARP for CWA in Hawaii... Someday maybe I will get educated!!!

dagger1

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned

ecwinch

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Harbour Point (HP), Kauai Beach Villas, Riverside Suites, WorldMark Pts (WM), Wyndham Pts
Are there any Hawaii properties in CWA? I had heard there was a regulatory issue there.

Braindead

TUG Member
Reaction score
Are there any Hawaii properties in CWA? I had heard there was a regulatory issue there.
I was told that also. But wondered how Worldmark is allowed. Maybe someone can explain the difference between CWA and Worldmark. I thought they were setup basically under the same principle

ecwinch

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Harbour Point (HP), Kauai Beach Villas, Riverside Suites, WorldMark Pts (WM), Wyndham Pts
I don't think WM is sold in Hawaii. My understanding is that it is a "foreign timeshare plan" under Hawaii law.

Braindead

TUG Member
Reaction score
From your understanding. CWA could own a resort in Hawaii but CWA points couldn't be sold in Hawaii? Or am I missing something?

Last edited:

bnoble

TUG Member
Reaction score
Starting to think they have way too many rules!!
I've owned for about a decade. I've been pretty creative with my point usage, and other than credit pooling (which I do nearly every year) I think I've paid one, or maybe two additional fees. It is unlikely that most people using the system for their own travel and doing just a moderate amount of planning will pay more.

ronparise

TUG Member
Reaction score

you are making this way too complicated. You will get your transaction credits every Jan 1, and it dosent matter whether the transaction you do is with Credit pooled points or with regular use year points , each transaction costs one transaction credit. however you can only be charged 1 per day so it you do one transaction or 10 transactions on a given day it only takes one transaction credit

The rules and procedures are explained on just 6 pages of the directory, pages 337 an 337, 338 and 339, 340 and 341 under 8 headings

1) reservation timelines
2) Reservation Transaction
3)Housekeeping
4)Renting points
5) borrowing points
6) Guest Confirmations
7) Cancellations
8) Credit pool

A few minutes reading these 6 pages , and then reading it again is all you ought to need, unless you are dumber than me, which I doubt

you can practice a little too, just cancel before hitting that final 'make reservation' button. And even if you do make the reservation you can always cancel an accidental reservation. That will however be an expensive lesson.. $30 for the transaction

Last edited:

ecwinch

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
From your understanding. CWA could own a resort in Hawaii but CWA points couldn't be sold in Hawaii? Or am I missing something?

My understanding is that WM can own property in Hawaii because it is not sold on the islands, nor is Worldmark By Wyndham operating in HI.

And that Wyndham will never place Hawaii property into CWA because of the regulatory issues it would create. I can speculate a number of reasons why that might be, but it would just be speculation.

Avislo

TUG Member
Reaction score
My understanding is that WM can own property in Hawaii because it is not sold on the islands, nor is Worldmark By Wyndham operating in HI.

And that Wyndham will never place Hawaii property into CWA because of the regulatory issues it would create. I can speculate a number of reasons why that might be, but it would just be speculation.

Wyndham has one resort in HI that inventory was suspended, Beach Villas, that has been resolved. Worldmark, Club Plus, Shell, and Outrigger have additional resorts their.

Given that units become available at the 10 month point for Club Plus/CWA, it may not be real important if CWA gets their own resorts in HI.

Last edited:

cayman01

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Bali Hai, Shearwater
you are making this way too complicated. You will get your transaction credits every Jan 1, and it dosent matter whether the transaction you do is with Credit pooled points or with regular use year points , each transaction costs one transaction credit. however you can only be charged 1 per day so it you do one transaction or 10 transactions on a given day it only takes one transaction credit

The rules and procedures are explained on just 6 pages of the directory, pages 337 an 337, 338 and 339, 340 and 341 under 8 headings

1) reservation timelines
2) Reservation Transaction
3)Housekeeping
4)Renting points
5) borrowing points
6) Guest Confirmations
7) Cancellations
8) Credit pool

A few minutes reading these 6 pages , and then reading it again is all you ought to need, unless you are dumber than me, which I doubt

you can practice a little too, just cancel before hitting that final 'make reservation' button. And even if you do make the reservation you can always cancel an accidental reservation. That will however be an expensive lesson.. $30 for the transaction
The $30 fee is only if you have no transactions left for the year in your account right?

OutSkiing

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Midtown 45, Bali Hai, Margaritaville
There is a thing called 'reciprocal ARP' where VIP members can exchange their home resort 1 or 2 times during a year to make reservations 11 months in advance rather than the 10 month mark. I wonder if this applies in Hawaii? I doubt that the law about trusts would affect that. I may give this a try in a few months.

Also, there have been other TUGBBS threads on the subject of 'Outrigger Resort Club' which would give owners of certain Hawaii resorts ARP access to a list of additional resorts. The other threads on this subject were not conclusive as to whether you had to purchase directly from the developer to attain this. I don't think I'll be able to test this because my resale Hawaii ownerships are all Odd year contracts and we are planning a trip for our 10 year anniversary for an even year 2018. I think we'll be fine booking some of our island hop stays in the 10 month window though.

Bob

CO skier

TUG Member
Reaction score
http://www.ebay.com/itm/WYNDHAM-BON...991273?hash=item2a7cc63669:g:-nsAAOSwr~lYnNux

$1500 for 797,000 points deeded at Bonnet Creek, with 630,000 points to use in 2017 and no closing costs only the transfer fee.

$1.88/1000 points is the lowest price I have ever seen for Bonnet Creek.

The bargains are still out there for the those with patience to wait for the right deal, but they might become more difficult to find over the next 6 months.

Last edited:

ronparise

TUG Member
Reaction score
http://www.ebay.com/itm/WYNDHAM-BON...991273?hash=item2a7cc63669:g:-nsAAOSwr~lYnNux

$1500 for 797,000 points deeded at Bonnet Creek, with 630,000 points to use in 2017 and no closing costs only the transfer fee.

$1.88/1000 points is the lowest price I have ever seen for Bonnet Creek.

The bargains are still out there for the those with patience to wait for the right deal, but they might become more difficult to find over the next 6 months.

I like to include closing costs and transfer fees in my calculations so I get $2.25/1000 but the point is the same. Persistence can pay off, Sometimes you get lucky

You say things might be different over the next 6 months. What are you predicting?

Last edited:

dagger1

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
The MF's at WBC (per this recent eBay sale) seem high, over 9 percent higher than CWA MF's... Is my math correct, or is WBC one of the higher MF resorts?

ronparise

TUG Member
Reaction score
The MF's at WBC (per this recent eBay sale) seem high, over 9 percent higher than CWA MF's... Is my math correct, or is WBC one of the higher MF resorts?
I havent looked at this closely in quite a while.. I owned so many points and my average mf was good enough that a couple of new, high mf contracts didnt move the needle

as I recall Bonnet Creek was always a little more than average, but folks dont seem to care. For some reason other than ARP or mf, (or for no reason) people like to own at Bonnet Creek. and if there are two such people looking at the same time, they will bid the price up to what I think are unjustified levels

In the current example, it seems that the opposite occurred; only one serious bidder