• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Kitchens at WKORV and WKORV-N

2disneydads

TUG Member
Reaction score
We're new to the VSE program and are planning to request a 2-bedroom unit through the VSE program in summer 2018. I've seen some discussion about the ovens at the two resorts. The descriptions for 2-bedroom units for both of these reports mention full-sized kitchen appliances. I've seen some grumbling about the ovens at WKORV-N at least. What are the kitchen appliances like at this resort? Thank you in advance.

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk

Henry M.

TUG Member
Reaction score
The South rooms have a full range in the 1BR side that includes a cooktop and a full size oven. They also have a microwave oven. The North rooms have a 4 burner cooktop but no oven. They only have microwave ovens with a convection feature. The counter space is also smaller.

DeniseM

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV, WKV, 2-SDO, 4-Kauai Beach Villas, Island Park Village (Yellowstone), Hyatt High Sierra, Dolphin's Cove (Anaheim)
Be aware that this summer (2017) Vistana did not release any inventory for summer Staroption reservations at WKROV or WKROV-N. They did release some inventory at Nanea.

So to have any hope of getting a summer reservation you will have to try to make the reservation exactly at 8 mos. before check-in, at midnight eastern, and be willing to take any phase of the resort, and be willing to accept any date you can get.

I would also have a back-up plan in case you can't get a summer reservation.

2disneydads

TUG Member
Reaction score
Thank you. I know that the options will be very limited, and I know already that I have to be online at midnight on the date 8 months in advance. We own in the Marriott and Hilton programs, which have earlier reservation windows, so we will have a reservation made already in Maui, Kauai or Oahu for the dates in question should VSE not work out. We do want to use our Star Options, though.

duke

TUG Member
Reaction score
Be aware that this summer (2017) Vistana did not release any inventory for summer Staroption reservations at WKROV or WKROV-N. They did release some inventory at Nanea.

So to have any hope of getting a summer reservation you will have to try to make the reservation exactly at 8 mos. before check-in, at midnight eastern, and be willing to take any phase of the resort, and be willing to accept any date you can get.

I would also have a back-up plan in case you can't get a summer reservation.

That's not good. Vistana kept all the summer availability for themselves....oh no. Must have been the Russians.

2disneydads

TUG Member
Reaction score
Would the resort In Princeville be a good one for teenagers? We will have 15 and 13 year old girls. I am unsure how suitable the Princeville resort will be for them.

DeniseM

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV, WKV, 2-SDO, 4-Kauai Beach Villas, Island Park Village (Yellowstone), Hyatt High Sierra, Dolphin's Cove (Anaheim)
It is a lot quieter than Maui, and it isn't on the beach - its on a cliff. They do have a shuttle to the beach.

DavidnRobin

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV OFD (Maui)
WPORV (Kauai)
WSJ-VGV (St. John)
WKV (Scottsdale)
IMG_7698.jpg
WPORV is a beautiful resort (and Northern Kauai is gorgeous) - even without direct beach access. It is totally worth being there, but I would avoid Winter/ shoulder season (we prefer sun/heat over rain). In the summer/shoulder - you can take boat trips to Na Pali coast out of Hanalei (instead of driving to Port Arthur - sp?). This is a must see experience - IMO/E.

It really depends on the kids (or adults for that matter...) - if they are the type that like to be out on hikes in surreal forests with out of world views, sunsets/sunrises, open space... (and crazy cute guys/girls from Hanalei... ;)) then they will love Kauai and WPORV. If they are the type of kids who thrive on their smart displays, then it probably won't matter. The pools are nice at WPORV.

Last edited:

2disneydads

TUG Member
Reaction score
Thank you. If not this trip, then certainly one in the future.

2disneydads

TUG Member
Reaction score
It looks as though the WPORV 2-bedroom units do not ovens, either. Am I reading the villa descriptions and photos incorrectly?