• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

lagoon tower new owner question

walken1974

TUG Member
Reaction score
Bought a resale eoy lagoon 2 bdrm platinum even year and attempted my first reservation. I attempted to reserve an aug 2018 week by going online the night before at midnight and still no luck. (I called hgvc and inquired and they told me that they are high demand weeks and for me to try to reserve online at 1201 am est like I had done) Am I missing something? I ended up reserving the last week of july however we prefer to travel in august (airline savings for hawaii) I know the Japanese summer vacation is in august however is there some kind of premium week/reservation I missed ?

csodjd

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Hilton Hawaiian Village - Lagoon Tower
Marriott Maui Ocean Club
Bought a resale eoy lagoon 2 bdrm platinum even year and attempted my first reservation. I attempted to reserve an aug 2018 week by going online the night before at midnight and still no luck. (I called hgvc and inquired and they told me that they are high demand weeks and for me to try to reserve online at 1201 am est like I had done) Am I missing something? I ended up reserving the last week of july however we prefer to travel in august (airline savings for hawaii) I know the Japanese summer vacation is in august however is there some kind of premium week/reservation I missed ?
I was able to get my 6200pt 1-bedroom ocean view for Aug 4-11 by going online 365 days ahead. Not to the minute, but that day. There didn't seem to be any problem and I was able to reserve. I don't think there is much inventory difference between the 1-bd and 2-bd "plus" units. I do know that the first two weeks of August are the MOST in demand all year from the Japanese owners.

hockeybrain

TUG Member
Reaction score
Give a call to a club counselor. I can only book my home week through July 21 right now. Something is off. Usually there is no problem getting the Summer weeks I want for Lagoon during my home week - provided I book 12 - 9 months out.

frank808

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Disney Vacation Club (Aulani,SSR,VGC,VGF) Hilton Grand Vacation Club(Bay Club, Kohala Suites, The District) Marriott Vacation Club (Aruba Surf Club, Grand Residence, Grand Chateau, Grand Vista,Harbour Lake, KoOlina,Willow Ridge & DC points)
Glad you liked hgvc enough to purchase a unit. Should have availability as there are quite a few 2br 7000 point units. Something is not right.

If you are able to trt out the grand islander. That is our new favorite unless we get a 2br oceanfront or penthouse unit in lagoon. Grand Islander is not close to the beach but it does have some nice views. Also a plus in my book is parking at hale koa garage. It is closer walk than parking at the hilton garage and only costs $180 monthly with in/out access. We just did 2 weeks at grand islander followed by a week at hokulani and parked at the hale koa overflow lot. That lot is across the street from hokulani and convenient.

When you come down next let us try to meet up. Is aulani going to be a destination added to your hgvc week?

Sent from my SM-T217S using Tapatalk

Sandy VDH

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wynd VIP Plat GF, HGVC Elite, WM, HICV, +
Give a call to a club counselor. I can only book my home week through July 21 right now. Something is off. Usually there is no problem getting the Summer weeks I want for Lagoon during my home week - provided I book 12 - 9 months out.

Sounds like you are using the club booking area and NOT the home reservations which are a different method. Once you log in scroll down a little farther until you see the HOME Reservation area.

For home reservations you can only book EXACTLY a full week and in the unit type you own, nothing else.

csodjd

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Maui Ocean Club
For home reservations you can only book EXACTLY a full week and in the unit type you own, nothing else.
And with Hilton I believe all Home Week bookings are Saturday to Saturday.

alwysonvac

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WORLDMARK, HGVC, VISTANA

SOLD (DVC, FSRC)
And with Hilton I believe all Home Week bookings are Saturday to Saturday.
It depends on the resort. The Lagoon Tower home week checkin date is Saturday.
But for example the designated checkin date for the Grand Islander is Friday.

On the old website it was listed under each resort.I don't know where the home week checkin date is posted on the new club member website :shrug:

Last edited:

JoJo12

TUG Member
Reaction score
I am in the middle of researching where in Hawaii and with which company I want to purchase. From what I have read so far, it sounds like there is no problem with an owner getting their home week reservations? (Unlike Marriott points) I need summer weeks. And it sounds like Hilton is the easiest to get into Hawaii with points from other locations?

Am I on track?

csodjd

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Maui Ocean Club
I am in the middle of researching where in Hawaii and with which company I want to purchase. From what I have read so far, it sounds like there is no problem with an owner getting their home week reservations? (Unlike Marriott points) I need summer weeks. And it sounds like Hilton is the easiest to get into Hawaii with points from other locations?

Am I on track?
Lagoon Tower is my home week/location. I have always gone online 365 days ahead, for reservations during either during Spring Break or summer. I've never had a problem getting the 1-bedroom ocean view (6200 pts) that I own. Of course, if your points are from another location, it won't be a "home week" reservation and then all bets are off at prime times. But I've already reserved for next August. No problems.

GT75

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Legacy HGVC
FAVC-Cabo
From what I have read so far, it sounds like there is no problem with an owner getting their home week reservations? (Unlike Marriott points) I need summer weeks. And it sounds like Hilton is the easiest to get into Hawaii with points from other locations?

I will add some more details to what @csodjd has said. With regards to HGVC, the terms that you are using (Home week reservations and get into HI with points from other locations) are two different things. A Home week reservation means that you own that specific location, room size and season. This will also be a 1-week reservation starting on whatever day the home week reservation starts for that resort (usually it will be Sat-Sat but not always as noted previously). You book your home week reservation at 12 and 9 months for most resorts (Hokulani Waikiki and Grand Islander are between 12 and 6 months).

If you are using points from another resort, then you will be booking during the club window (usually < 9 months but note that Hokulani Waikiki and Grand Islander are < 6 months). My observations are that the BI has much more availability than Oahu during club season. I think that Oahu is bookable but you will need to be more flexible. If you need specific date, room size, view and location then it might be best to purchase that for your home week.

csodjd

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Maui Ocean Club
If you need specific date, room size, view and location then it might be best to purchase that for your home week.
I think that's really the key. We want ocean view at the Hilton Hawaiian Village, and we want (need) to be able to go during prime times because of a daughter in school. So, though it is not the least expensive way to get points, we purchased there. Simple as that.

walken1974

TUG Member
Reaction score
Thanks everybody but I am going to stick with july 21-28 week /wife wants to try mid summer / Frank will be staying at marriot koolina for the following week (with a one night aulani room during stay so kids can utilize pools for 2 days) would definetly like to meet up if possible .

frank808

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Disney Vacation Club (Aulani,SSR,VGC,VGF) Hilton Grand Vacation Club(Bay Club, Kohala Suites, The District) Marriott Vacation Club (Aruba Surf Club, Grand Residence, Grand Chateau, Grand Vista,Harbour Lake, KoOlina,Willow Ridge & DC points)
I might be down there at hhv, probably grand islander, the same week as you. Definitely we will try to meet up. Contact me via email or om as it geta closer. I will mark this on my calendar.

Sent from my SM-N910P using Tapatalk