• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Lakeside Closing Service or LT Transfers?

Robert D

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
I just won an Ebay auction of Benjamin Timeshares and have my choice of Lakeside Closing Service or LT Transfers. Anyone had recent experience with either of them?

Last edited:

DeniseM

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV, WKV, 2-SDO, 4-Kauai Beach Villas, Island Park Village (Yellowstone), Hyatt High Sierra, Dolphin's Cove (Anaheim)
I have used LT Transfers multiple times. They are Tuggers and they do a good job.

dansyr2514

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Bonnet Creek, Wyndham Ocean Blvd, Wyndham Seawatch, Wyndham Fairfield Ten
I have used LT Transfers multiple times. They are Tuggers and they do a good job.

We have also used LT transfers. They were great!!

DaveNV

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Free Agent
LT Transfers is my go-to for all closings. Very professional and highly recommended. Never heard of that other outfit.

Dave

happymum

TUG Member
Reaction score
Another vote for LT. They've been great any time I've dealt with them.

Magic1962

Tug Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
The Grandview at Las Vegas 122000 points annually....
I am using LT Transfers for a second time right now..... they are quick and totally reliable....
A vote for LT... Dave :banana:

jabberwocky

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
SVR, SDO, WKORV-N, Westin Flex, HGVC (BLVD)
+1 for LT Transfers - they handled our recent purchase and it was handled quickly and efficiently

JudiZ

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Another Vote for LT

The only time I didn't use them - there was a kerfuffle. Solved but stressful.

Talent312

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC & GTS
I concur with the endorsements for LT Transfers.
Used 'em a few weeks ago. Efficient and quick.
Strange location for an office - N. Georgia mountains - but not an issue.

NiteMaire

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott G. Château
HVC Sedona Summit
VVR The Colonies
LT Transfers for me.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk

schiff1997

TUG Member
Reaction score
LT Transfers all the way, super communication with all parties

Slinger

TUG Member
Reaction score
I've used LT.

Never the other.

Plan to use LT again and again personally.

artringwald

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
DRI: The Point at Poipu, 3 deeded weeks, 1 of which is in The Club.
Is the OP sensing a trend here? LT Transfers gets my vote too. Fast, efficient, and reliable. If DW lets me buy another week, I'll use them again.

Robert D

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Update, I went with LT Transfers and thus far, I'm not impressed. They've had the file close to 3 weeks and at this point, the new deed hasn't been prepared. I did a title search and emailed the previously recorded docs so it's a pretty simple process but maybe they are backlogged.

Egret1986

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
They are backlogged. You might have noticed all the folks that use them.

Update, I went with LT Transfers and thus far, I'm not impressed. They've had the file close to 3 weeks and at this point, the new deed hasn't been prepared. I did a title search and emailed the previously recorded docs so it's a pretty simple process but maybe they are backlogged.

I've used them dozens of times and will continue to use them. My last submission for closing on the sale of one of my weeks was submitted recently. I was forewarned that they are about three weeks behind. I know they have hired additional staffing. When you're good and everyone is happy with your services, this can create demand. Demand can create wait times. They are still impressive to me even with the wait. In the grand scheme of things, three weeks is no big deal to me.

You asked the group. A huge number of folks gave you a vote for them. Perhaps you should have gone with the Lakeside Closing company that got no votes. Perhaps no wait time with them.

Talent312

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC & GTS
All I can say is that, from submission of the contract in August, it took LT ~ 3 weeks to get the transfer completed, and that included snail-mail for the docs and a check that I forgot to sign... but for my error, it might've taken 2 weeks.

I say, kudos tor them, as 3 to 6 month closings have been reported with other closing agencies.

Robert D

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
All I can say is that, from submission of the contract in August, it took LT ~ 3 weeks to get the transfer completed, and that included snail-mail for the docs and a check that I forgot to sign... but for my error, it might've taken 2 weeks.

I say, kudos tor them, as 3 to 6 month closings have been reported with other closing agencies.

I wish this had been the case with mine but it's taken 3 weeks to generate the new deed. Hopefully the new deed will go out to the seller next week.

tschwa2

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
A few in S and VA, a single resort in NC, MD, PA, and UT, plus Jamaica and the Bahamas
I have had some (not LT) that took about 75 days before they sent out the new deed to be signed. Be thankful you didn't have to use one of those closing companies. LT isn't nearly as fast as those ebay sellers that already have everything prepared before the ebay auction (sometimes including a signature from the sellers) and the have it recorded within a week.

LT closings take an average of 20-45 days to record the deed. They immediately send it to be processed at the resort level. It isn't the fastest but it is reasonable. They do a good job and probably have less errors and mistakes than I have seen with other companies. I would rather they take the extra 7-10 days upfront than have to fix mistakes after it has been recorded.

Robert D

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
I have had some (not LT) that took about 75 days before they sent out the new deed to be signed. Be thankful you didn't have to use one of those closing companies. LT isn't nearly as fast as those ebay sellers that already have everything prepared before the ebay auction (sometimes including a signature from the sellers) and the have it recorded within a week.

LT closings take an average of 20-45 days to record the deed. They immediately send it to be processed at the resort level. It isn't the fastest but it is reasonable. They do a good job and probably have less errors and mistakes than I have seen with other companies. I would rather they take the extra 7-10 days upfront than have to fix mistakes after it has been recorded.

I agree. Most important thing is to get it done right. The Ebay reseller already had the signature page of the deed signed by the owner who they thought was a trust but when I did a title search, I found that the trust deeded it to 3 individuals and the reseller didn't know this and the woman I was dealing with at the reseller didn't even understand that the signature that she had wouldn't convey title to me. So LT said they would prepare a new deed and get the 3 owners to execute it. This shows how important it is to do a title search as most of the closing companies do not do title searches.

Gemini Chica

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marbella Beach Resort
Playa Andaluza
How did you find the ebay seller? I have just seen a resale with them?

Robert D

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Benjamin Timeshares did everything they said they would but you just need to check everything carefully. The woman I dealt with didn't know much about chain of title and glad I did a title search.

Reaction score
What about escrow? Does LT transfers take a deposit and the remaining amount after everything is transferred? Or do they secure the whole amount upfront?