• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Last Minute Cancellation

OutSkiing

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Midtown 45, Bali Hai, Margaritaville
We have a reservation at Bonnet Creek beginning February 9th. My wife's mother is having her Mitral Valve replaced with a 'pig valve' sometime in February or March .. doctors have not scheduled yet.

We hope we'll know the timing before January 26th (the 15 day mark) but in case we don't and need to cancel within the 15 day window, my wife believes she's been told by others that Wyndham will still refund our points due to major medical situation for immediate family member.

Can anyone confirm this?

Bob

am1

TUG Member
Reaction score
100% I doubt they will. I have had a situation where the guest on the reservation past away within 15 days to check in and points were not refunded. They say policy is policy. I would think something that is planned for would be less likely to get the points refunded. No doubt another owner would be very happy to use your unit if you are not able to.

Richelle

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham National Harbor
Wyndham Canterbury
Wyndham Atlanta
Bay Club of Sandestin
Williamsburg Plantation
Doesn't hurt to call and ask. I think it depends on with VC you get and their knowledge of the system. If you get one that says yes, make sure you get their name, in case someone else says no.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sandi Bo

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham
Doesn't hurt to call and ask. I think it depends on with VC you get and their knowledge of the system. If you get one that says yes, make sure you get their name, in case someone else says no.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Wyndham tends to be more understanding for owners than guests. As an owner, since the reservation is for you, I bet you could find someone to make an exception for you within the 15 day window. They've done it for me.

Asking now may be a waste of time. It may be hard to find someone who'll commit ahead of time. What will matter is the VC you talk to, if you need, to cancel.

If you need to cancel, I would call as early as you can (those VC's seem to be more empowered than others - don't call right before they close - seems like more trainees at that time). If they say no, ask for owner care and/or call again and ask a different VC.

If at first you don't succeed, try, try again. Worst case scenario that should be a very "rentable" reservation, but I bet you can get Wyndham to make an exception for you (although I doubt that's something you want to be dealing with when you are also dealing with your wife's health).

Best of luck to your wife for her surgery. Sounds similar to what my father had done when he 80+. He was looking and feeling better immediately. It is simply amazing what can be done these days.

perigo449

TUG Member
Reaction score
I did cancel within 10 days last year by calling owners care because my wife was sick. Did get all points back.

OutSkiing

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Midtown 45, Bali Hai, Margaritaville
Wyndham tends to be more understanding for owners than guests. As an owner, since the reservation is for you, I bet you could find someone to make an exception for you within the 15 day window. They've done it for me.

Best of luck to your wife for her surgery. Sounds similar to what my father had done when he 80+. He was looking and feeling better immediately. It is simply amazing what can be done these days.

Thank you! It is for my wife's mother and she too is in her 80's. Good to hear the procedure worked so well for your father.

Bob