• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Loans almost paid, want to sell/get rid of it

Reaction score
Hey all, long time lurker here. Bottom line, was a married soldier home on R&R, listened to the sales pitch, bought some points, nearly 10 years later finally paying it off.

I don't really know how much I have, I think it's 8000 recurring vacation every year, with 3,500 expiring 30 Nov 2017. Worldmark by Wyndham

Monthly dues are $66.

The loan is in my ex wife's name, me as the consigner. Loan will be fully paid off in about 2 months. I've been told there's a ~$300 title change fee that would have to take place to either sell it, or remove her name and put my name on it as the primary.

Realistically I don't use it, rarely have, rarely will. Original intent was to pay it off and cancel it, but I figured maybe someone here would be able to point me in the direction to make a little bit off of it. Even if it's to cover the title change cost and buy me a stick of gum, I'm not looking to profit, just get rid of it. I figured if i absolve it instead of "selling" then I've totally wasted ten years, and if I sell it maybe someone who's in a better position to use the vacation credits can enjoy it.

Any information is appreciated. Yes I've read the FAQ's, talked to all the scam artist selling companies, figured I'd ask here as it seems the only reputable place.

Last edited:

sue1947

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Worldmark and VI
Your best information is at https://www.wmowners.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=91. This is a forum of only Worldmark owners and can provide the best information for your situation. The classified section has several different forums; the first one; Rent/Sale discussions is where you can ask your questions and get answers. All the other forums in the classified section are post only. Memberships for sale will give you an idea of what things sell for. If you have credits that will expire while you sort things out, you can post them in the Credits for Rent section; this means you transfer available to use credits to another owner for one time use vs selling which is transferring the whole account. Renting is easy; there is a form to fill out online and the transfer takes a day or two. Selling is transferring the whole account to another owner and is where the $299 transfer fee comes in. Selling usually takes a couple of months.
Worldmark has some value; roughly 0.30/credit + any additional credits that can be rented.
There are also reputable resellers and there is a thread in the Rent/Sale forum on trusted buyers.

Sue