• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Looking for Exchange Ideas for 57 TP - RCI

jenmcnitt

TUG Member
Reaction score
I have 57 TP banked up with RCI and the original search that I have been running for a while did not turn up any hits so I'm looking to expand my options now.

I am looking for somewhere warm in the winter months for next year, and would prefer it being somewhere in the US (due to family health reasons) but not Florida if possible. We've been there enough times.

It seems like my options are fairly limited though so I'm looking for suggestions. I've been considering looking at Phoenix. Other thoughts?

Thanks!

mdurette

Sighting Expert & TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Warm in the US in the winter. Honestly very southern Florida comes to mind to secure warmth in the winter. Hawaii too - but sounds like you may want to stay on the mainland. What about California?

alwysonvac

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WORLDMARK, HGVC, VISTANA

SOLD (DVC, FSRC)
Can't help with TPU values but here's some destination ideas.

From https://www.currentresults.com/Weather-Extremes/US/hottest-cities-winter.php

Warmest US Cities in Winter

Highest Winter Temperatures

Seldom do winter temperatures approach 100 °F (37.8 °C) in the US. San Antonio has made it to 100 °F and Austin has reached 99 °F in February.

Normally though, city climates are much cooler than this, even for those two record-setting cities. No major American city has an average daily high temperature above 80 °F (27 °C) throughout the winter months.

US cities with the highest normal daily maximum temperatures in December, January and February
City Average Daily Maximum °F °C
Miami, Florida 77 25
Orlando, Florida 73 23
Tampa, Florida 72 22
Phoenix, Arizona 69 21
Riverside, California 69 21
Los Angeles, California 68 20
Jacksonville, Florida 67 19
San Diego, California 65 18
San Antonio, Texas 65 18
Houston, Texas 64 18
New Orleans, Louisiana 64 18
Austin, Texas 63 17

Warmest Low Temperatures

While all major US cities have recorded temperatures below 32 °F (0 °C), many remain above freezing for most the winter. Among the largest American cities, fourteen in winter normally stay above 40 °F (4.4 °C).

US cities with the highest normal daily minimum temperatures in December, January and February
City Average Daily Minimum
°F °C
Miami, Florida 62 17
Tampa, Florida 53 12
Orlando, Florida 51 11
San Diego, California 49 10
Los Angeles, California 48 9
New Orleans, Louisiana 47 8
San Francisco, California 46 8
Phoenix, Arizona 46 8
Houston, Texas 45 7
Jacksonville, Florida 43 6
Riverside, California 43 6
Austin, Texas 43 6
San Jose, California 43 6
San Antonio, Texas 42 6

T-Dot-Traveller

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Mayan Palace Regency
Taranova
South Padre / Port Aransas Texas has quite a few RCI listings

We went to South Padre 15 or so years ago in March (flew into Harlingen TX)
( Ontario elementary school March break / was also college spring break week )- Interesting

Anyway - On the new RCI website go to - vacation ideas / then -resort directory/ then gulf states / then Texas
(This is actually the old website directory} .change it to 25 per page search for easy scanning . You can read reviews and get RCI resort ID numbers.

You will have to go to the new website area to see availability and TPU cost

There are also resorts in San Antonio & Austin etc. but that is 300 miles / 4.5 hours north of South Padre & the Valley .
Guess which is warmer .

( March 24th) / 10 pm tonight - South Padre - 74 F / San Antonio 65 F

Last edited: