• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Marketplace question

CoachK

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
None
I am new to this site and timeshare. I attempted to message a question regarding an ad in the marketplace. I am not sure if it went through or not. In order to message a question do I need to be a member of TUG?

1st Class

TUG Member
Reaction score
You can log in as a guest to "start a conversation" which is likely what you did. You can check your conversations by hovering over your log in name and from the drop down menu, click on "conversations" which will show you if it went through.

DeniseM

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV, WKV, 2-SDO, 4-Kauai Beach Villas, Island Park Village (Yellowstone), Hyatt High Sierra, Dolphin's Cove (Anaheim)
Actually, "Conversations" are only in the TUG Discussion Forums. The Marketplace is completely separate - when you use the Marketplace link, you send an email to the person who posted the Ad. You don't have to be a paid TUG member to contact owners in the Marketplace.

You will hear back from the person you contacted via email, at the email address that you provided when you registered, so be sure you are checking that email address, and the spam folder.

Last edited:

TUGBrian

Administrator
Reaction score
I am new to this site and timeshare. I attempted to message a question regarding an ad in the marketplace. I am not sure if it went through or not. In order to message a question do I need to be a member of TUG?

note that when you send a message thru the marketplace, you do get an on screen confirmation that the message was sent.

1st Class

TUG Member
Reaction score
Actually, "Conversations" are only in the TUG Discussion Forums. The Marketplace is completely separate - when you use the Marketplace link, you send an email to the person who posted the Ad. You don't have to be a paid TUG member to contact owners in the Marketplace.

Thanks, I learned something new today! Do owners who place ads have to be paid TUG members?

GrayFal

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Bluegreen SVV Morritt's Seaside Former WSJx5
I have had three message in the Classified Section this week. I have responded to all three..... Maybe with info the person did not like???? And not one has replied back to me.

It is just how it is unfortunately. If I make an inquiry and the person responds to me, I always acknowledge the response and whether I want to move forward with the transaction.

Not everyone is as courteous :shrug:

DeniseM

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV, WKV, 2-SDO, 4-Kauai Beach Villas, Island Park Village (Yellowstone), Hyatt High Sierra, Dolphin's Cove (Anaheim)
Thanks, I learned something new today! Do owners who place ads have to be paid TUG members?

Yes- you have to join TUG to post Ads in the Marketplace. That helps keep out scammers.

TUGBrian

Administrator
Reaction score
I have had three message in the Classified Section this week. I have responded to all three..... Maybe with info the person did not like???? And not one has replied back to me.

It is just how it is unfortunately. If I make an inquiry and the person responds to me, I always acknowledge the response and whether I want to move forward with the transaction.

Not everyone is as courteous :shrug:

on top of that, lots of folks dont check their spam/other folders where return messages may end up!

we regularly get similar emails from members who post ads claiming they "missed" messages because the message notification went into their spam folder. (one of the main reasons we have the monday reminder email that members have unread messages).

GrayFal

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Yes- you have to join TUG to post Ads in the Marketplace. That helps keep out scammers.
I like your Green Moderator Bar. Very Jazzy :wave:

But wait, just saw Brian's purple. This is new, right??? Or are my eyes recently opened???.

GrayFal

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
on top of that, lots of folks dont check their spam/other folders where return messages may end up!

we regularly get similar emails from members who post ads claiming they "missed" messages because the message notification went into their spam folder. (one of the main reasons we have the monday reminder email that members have unread messages).
The Monday reminder is a good one and you made me look.....nothing in my spam....just people who made an inquiry and then didn't respond to my reply. I frequently will resend my reply in three days and ask if they are interested. I have sold weeks by following up with people after a month and they reconsidered what was originally offered.

And BTW, I have the message notification email set as VIP, I don't miss them.

CoachK

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
None
note that when you send a message thru the marketplace, you do get an on screen confirmation that the message was sent.
Thanks for the information. That was my concern, I did not get any confirmation that my message was sent. I don't want to send the same message 3 times, but I do want to be sure that it gets to them.

TUGBrian

Administrator
Reaction score
I like your Green Moderator Bar. Very Jazzy :wave:

But wait, just saw Brian's purple. This is new, right??? Or are my eyes recently opened???.
yes the new forum allows for nifty user titles!

TUGBrian

Administrator
Reaction score
The Monday reminder is a good one and you made me look.....nothing in my spam....just people who made an inquiry and then didn't respond to my reply. I frequently will resend my reply in three days and ask if they are interested. I have sold weeks by following up with people after a month and they reconsidered what was originally offered.

And BTW, I have the message notification email set as VIP, I don't miss them.

I meant for you sending the replies back to them...its quite common for unknown emails to be delivered to a spam or other folder and the original party who sent you the message will never see your reply if they arent checking!

TUGBrian

Administrator
Reaction score
after doing a test myself, i see that the "your message has been sent" confirmation has been moved down to where the "email this member" link was, actually replacing the link itself so you cant send a second message within your same browsing session.

here is a screenshot showing the confirmation message...it will be displayed after you click to submit the message and the message box itself goes away.

sentmessage.jpg

GrayFal

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
I meant for you sending the replies back to them...its quite common for unknown emails to be delivered to a spam or other folder and the original party who sent you the message will never see your reply if they arent checking!
Gotcha.

Not very encouraging. I will add a line to my ads reminding people to check their spam folder.
Thx

TUGBrian

Administrator
Reaction score
Gotcha.

Not very encouraging. I will add a line to my ads reminding people to check their spam folder.
Thx

thats actually not a bad idea!

CoachK

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
None
after doing a test myself, i see that the "your message has been sent" confirmation has been moved down to where the "email this member" link was, actually replacing the link itself so you cant send a second message within your same browsing session.

here is a screenshot showing the confirmation message...it will be displayed after you click to submit the message and the message box itself goes away.

View attachment 3368
Thank you for that information. I am not sure I recall seeing that. I am going to try to message the member again today.