• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

[2017] Marriott Encore Packages offered

lejo2008

TUG Member
Reaction score
Attended a recent presentation in NY were offered the following Encore Packages:

4D/3N + 50,000 PTS - Myrtle Beach - $895.
6D/5N +100,000 PTS - Myrtle Beach - $1349
5D/4N + 50,000 PTS - Large Selection of Marriotts (incl. Hawaii, St. Thomas, others) $1195

What are everyone's thoughts on these ?

I did take accept one of these with a deposit - still researching if this a true value - (10 days to cancel). I have done the Encore package a number of years ago, and I will tell you they tend to have a separate inventory for these. They were able to book Myrtle Beach for me during peak time with no effort !

BocaBoy

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Grand Chateau
I think these are rather good values if you know how to get good value from the MR points or if you plan to buy points from Marriott (the encore price goes 100% toward the purchase price of the points), but make sure you understand the accommodations you would be getting. For some locations (especially Hawaii), the encore packages I have seen offer only a hotel room, sometimes in a nearby Marriott hotel or resort.

aka Julie

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Shadow Ridge (platinum)
We took the $1195 Package but it also included enrolling our 3 weeks in the DC for free -- 2 weeks were bought from Marriott and 1 bought resale pre 2010.

Mr. Vker

Reaction score
We did an encore last year at Aruba SC. Gave us a second weekend there. (Bought it in 2015) We got 50k points at time of purchase and 70K points when we returned plus the stay. We liked it.

BocaBoy

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Grand Chateau
We took the $1195 Package but it also included enrolling our 3 weeks in the DC for free -- 2 weeks were bought from Marriott and 1 bought resale pre 2010.
Now that is what I call an EXCEPTIONAL value, almost too good to be true.

kds4

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Weeks and DC Points
Now that is what I call an EXCEPTIONAL value, almost too good to be true.

Combining an Encore package with an enrollment option (if you own weeks eligible to be enrolled) is the most cost effective way to enroll IMHO. Depending on how you look at it, you are getting whatever is included in the Encore package (stay, MR points, a cruise, etc.) for 'free'.

vacationtime1

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV-OF (Maui)
WKV x2 (Scottsdale)
Combining an Encore package with an enrollment option (if you own weeks eligible to be enrolled) is the most cost effective way to enroll IMHO. Depending on how you look at it, you are getting whatever is included in the Encore package (stay, MR points, a cruise, etc.) for 'free'.

+1

We thought that $1,395 for five nights in an ocean view one bedroom at the Maui Ocean Club was a reasonable value.

Which means that sitting through the Destination Club presentation and saying "no, thanks" at the end is our only cost to enroll our two legacy weeks into the DC with executive status. Quite a deal.

Last edited:

Trudyt623

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
DVC-Animal Kingdom, Marriott Grande Vista, Marriott Aruba Surf Club

Wow, was this done recently? I would like to enroll my resale week and I am planning to use my encore package and purchase points. How many points did you have to buy?

Trudy

vacationtime1

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV-OF (Maui)
WKV x2 (Scottsdale)
Wow, was this done recently? I would like to enroll my resale week and I am planning to use my encore package and purchase points. How many points did you have to buy?

Trudy

Zero point purchase required.

And once you are enrolled, you don't need to buy additional points; you can rent them for not much more than the MF.

davidvel

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Shadow Ridge (Villages)
Carlsbad Inn

Trudy
If you bought an encore package and they didn't agree to enroll your (eligible pre-6/2010) weeks, they rooked you. You could ask for this after your next tour when they offer you encore again.

Trudyt623

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
If you bought an encore package and they didn't agree to enroll your (eligible pre-6/2010) weeks, they rooked you. You could ask for this after your next tour when they offer you encore again.

I was just told in Las Vegas that they are no longer doing that.

aka Julie

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Shadow Ridge (platinum)

Trudy

We bought the encore package in February 2016. Didn't have to buy any points. It was being widely offered at that time since I had read about it on TUG prior to us attending the presentation. It was the main reason we attended. We didn't bring up the offer, but when we said no to buying points, the next guy offered us the encore deal which included enrolling our eligible weeks for free.

davidvel

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Shadow Ridge (Villages)
Carlsbad Inn
I would bet if you had told them no thanks to the encore unless they did it, they would have "reconsidered".

tschwa2

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
A few in S and VA, a single resort in NC, MD, PA, and UT, plus Jamaica and the Bahamas
Trudy was your unit purchased before june 2010? It also maybe that not every location is offering the encore/enrollment packages.

SueDonJ

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Barony Beach and SurfWatch

Bundle Package (Direct-Resale Week and DC Points) Availability? Trudy, this is your other thread (which I'm now closing in order to prevent duplicate posts.) I'm still unclear about what you own and whether it's eligible to be enrolled, and about exactly what the sales rep told you.

If you own an external-resale Week that was purchased prior to 6/20/10, it can be enrolled anytime without purchasing anything else. Sign in to your owners.marriottvacationclub.com account and click on "Enrollment" under "Managing Your Ownership" on the right side of the screen. As a single transaction this will require paying the enrollment fee. But, it may be possible to have the fee waived if you commit to enrollment in conjunction with purchasing an Encore Package. If so, the enrollment terms will be stated in the paperwork for the package.

External-resale Weeks purchased on or after 6/20/10 are not officially eligible for enrollment but MAY be eligible as part of a Trust Points purchase package. This promotion runs intermittently with start/end dates. See this thread -
Ongoing Sales Incentive - Enrolling Post-6/20/10 Weeks [Merged] for details/info.

What's usually being referenced when you see "Bundle Package" involves purchasing an internal resale Week with DC Trust Points. They're available on an ongoing basis through Marriott Resales Operations. Click the "Buy Weeks" tab to see which Weeks are currently available.

Last edited:

tschwa2

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
A few in S and VA, a single resort in NC, MD, PA, and UT, plus Jamaica and the Bahamas
I don't think the encore package ever could be used to enroll post 2010 weeks. There was a period were post 2010 weeks could be enrolled with a 2000 or 2500 direct points package. Perhaps that could have been combined with an encore stay and use the stay $ toward the purchase the points which were required to enroll the post 2010 week but I am not sure if anyone posted that it was possible.

SueDonJ

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Barony Beach and SurfWatch
I don't think the encore package ever could be used to enroll post 2010 weeks. There was a period were post 2010 weeks could be enrolled with a 2000 or 2500 direct points package. Perhaps that could have been combined with an encore stay and use the stay $ toward the purchase the points which were required to enroll the post 2010 week but I am not sure if anyone posted that it was possible.

DOH! I'm sorry, completely muddied those waters! I've edited my post - thank you!

Here There

TUG Member
Reaction score
Attended a recent presentation in NY were offered the following Encore Packages:

4D/3N + 50,000 PTS - Myrtle Beach - $895.
6D/5N +100,000 PTS - Myrtle Beach - $1349
5D/4N + 50,000 PTS - Large Selection of Marriotts (incl. Hawaii, St. Thomas, others) $1195

What are everyone's thoughts on these ?

Bought this package at SD Pulse last Sept:

5d/4n + 100,000 pts - San Diego - $895

kds4

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Weeks and DC Points

This was possible as we received this exact offer for an Encore we bought back in December of 2014. We would be required to purchase a quantity of DC points matching the converted point value of the post-2010 week/s we wanted to enroll but the Encore fee would be applied to the points purchase cost. Not sure if this is still being offered, but it was at that time.

Trudyt623

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Yes, I purchased post 2010 and possibly I can enroll my week with a points purchase.
Bundle Package (Direct-Resale Week and DC Points) Availability? Trudy, this is your other thread (which I'm now closing in order to prevent duplicate posts.) I'm still unclear about what you own and whether it's eligible to be enrolled, and about exactly what the sales rep told you.

If you own an external-resale Week that was purchased prior to 6/20/10, it can be enrolled anytime without purchasing anything else. Sign in to your owners.marriottvacationclub.com account and click on "Enrollment" under "Managing Your Ownership" on the right side of the screen. As a single transaction this will require paying the enrollment fee. But, it may be possible to have the fee waived if you commit to enrollment in conjunction with purchasing an Encore Package. If so, the enrollment terms will be stated in the paperwork for the package.

External-resale Weeks purchased on or after 6/20/10 are not officially eligible for enrollment but MAY be eligible as part of a Trust Points purchase package. This promotion runs intermittently with start/end dates. See this thread -
Ongoing Sales Incentive - Enrolling Post-6/20/10 Weeks [Merged] for details/info.

What's usually being referenced when you see "Bundle Package" involves purchasing an internal resale Week with DC Trust Points. They're available on an ongoing basis through Marriott Resales Operations. Click the "Buy Weeks" tab to see which Weeks are currently available.

Thank you SueDonJ

tschwa2

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Currently I haven't heard that they are offering enrollment even with a points purchase for post 2010 secondary market weeks. It never hurts to ask if you are at a vacation resort. I am sure when and if that is offered again, you will find posts about it on TUG. If that is what you are looking for (hoping for) you should be specific about that in your posts/questions so you. Otherwise you will get answers that don't apply to your situation.

mas

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
MAR BeachPlace;
Cypress Harbour;
Ocean Watch;
Canyon Villas;
They are currently selling 'bundled" pkgs at the sales presentations. The bundle consists of usually a resale week and a points pkg. The ones I saw were, for example, one week at resorts such as Canyon Villas or DSW and 2000 pts. "When you combine the price of the resale week (The ones I saw had prices that ranged in the $3k - $6k) and the points by converting the resale week to points and adding it to points bought you ended up with a combined $6-$8/point price. The points part of the pkg were being sold for ~ $11/point.

The attractive part of the deal was getting an enrolled week on the (relative) cheap and being able to convert it, on an annual basis, to points for cheaper than the annual MFs would be for purchasing the points outright.

BocaBoy

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Grand Chateau
They are currently selling 'bundled" pkgs at the sales presentations. The bundle consists of usually a resale week and a points pkg. The ones I saw were, for example, one week at resorts such as Canyon Villas or DSW and 2000 pts. "When you combine the price of the resale week (The ones I saw had prices that ranged in the $3k - $6k) and the points by converting the resale week to points and adding it to points bought you ended up with a combined $6-$8/point price. The points part of the pkg were being sold for ~ $11/point.

The attractive part of the deal was getting an enrolled week on the (relative) cheap and being able to convert it, on an annual basis, to points for cheaper than the annual MFs would be for purchasing the points outright.
I think this approach makes a lot of sense for MVCI to offer. It is one way to offer cheaper points without reducing their list price for those willing to pay it. If the only points they sell are effectively $11 a point, I think the market for those is slowing down.

Trudyt623

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
I don't want a second week, I only want to purchase points and enroll my week. I was told my 3 br platinum Grande Vista week can be enrolled if I buy a 3,500 point purchase but I don't want to spend that much money on points.

djyamyam

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score

This was similar to what I was offered last week at the Marriott Kauai Beach Club except you only needed to purchase 1000 points for about $13K. They would then allow me to purchase a resale week which they would convert to DC points and also allow me to enroll my Willow Ridge unit