• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Marriotts in Berlin, Any Recommendations ?

Beaglemom3

TUG Member
Reaction score
I will be attending a seminar in Berlin and prefer to stay at a Marriott (trying to get to Platinum) I've been reading up on each of the 5 (including the Ritz, Autographs Collection, etc.). I don't need fancy, just nice/clean, as I will be gone for about 12-14 hours/day.

Distance from the seminar isn't important as I will picked up by private car each day, however, I am interested in public transportation for later.

Also, any other information that you can share would be helpful and appreciated.

I am taking the overnight train to Vienna at the end of the seminar.

Danke !

Last edited:

Jimster

TUG Member
Reaction score
I will be attending a seminar in Berlin and prefer to stay at a Marriott (trying to get to Platinum) I've been reading up on each of the 5 (including the Ritz, Autographs Collection, etc.). I don't need fancy, just nice/clean, as I will be gone for about 12-14 hours/day.

Distance from the seminar isn't important as I will picked up by private car each day, however, I am interested in public transportation for later.

Also, any other information that you can share would be helpful and appreciated.

I am taking the overnight train to Vienna at the end of the seminar.

Danke !

Bitte
I know you are only considering Marriott but for the record and others who may want to stay in Berlin I would suggest the Radison Blu. Among other things it has a 4 story aquarium in the lobby. It is gorgeous and it has a prime location.

Beaglemom3

TUG Member
Reaction score
Bitte
I know you are only considering Marriott but for the record and others who may want to stay in Berlin I would suggest the Radison Blu. Among other things it has a 4 story aquarium in the lobby. It is gorgeous and it has a prime location.

Thanks. I saw that when I was doing my full hotel search. I have Radisson points which I'll have to add to, but I am intrigued by that cylindrical aquarium and like the hotel's location. Who needs SeaWorld ?

Marriott Platinum is a far reach now and I might not make the required nights, but I can offset this with my Prague and Vienna stays.

Thanks for the suggestion.

Jimster

TUG Member
Reaction score
How large is the aquarium? They send in scuba divers each day to feed the fish and clean the tank. It is huge. The aquarium is in the middle and every time you get on the elevator you get to see it. You can also go outside the hotel and there is a special entrance for those who want to pay. It is quite an attraction. I also found the concierge to be extremely helpful. He had attraction tickets, subway passes and knew the city very well. I was just there a year ago.

As to location, it is less than half a block to the river boats and is convenient to mass transportation. It is only 1 subway stop to Friedrichstrasse. You might have seen that entrance in "Bridge of Spies" with Tom Hanks. I would also consider going to San Souche in Potsdam- just get a cheap tour and they will take you from Friedrichstrasse station. BTW if you want to go to the Reichstag go on line and get prior reservationis to go up inside. Otherwise, you may not get in. Also if you are going to Vienna if you have interest in Hitler's Eagle Nest it is not far. In addition to Prague, we took the overnight train to Krakow. Krakow is a fascinating city. It is also not far from Auschwitz if you don't mind having one depressing day

Beaglemom3

TUG Member
Reaction score
Great info . Thanks !

I like the Radisson Blu location even better after your suggestions. Going on line now to check out Reichstag and/or other day trips out of Berlin. I have never had a big desire to visit Berlin, but since that's where I have to go, I will make it a business trip with sightseeing time.

I had two grandparents from Austria (Salzburg & Vienna) and would like to see where they came from. I have not booked my return flight as I want to take my time.

Getting psyched now. Again, danke !

Jimster

TUG Member
Reaction score
I am having a senior moment. I can't remember the name of the German national Museum, but it is walkable from the Radisson. I was very interested in visiting because when I was in London I went to the British Museum. I saw all the displays like the Rosetta Stone, etc but i wanted to see the famous statue of Nefertiti and i found out it is in Berlin. So i waited and finally saw it in Berlin National Museum. BTW I also wanted to see the Terra Cotta Warriors. I missed them in Rome and Chicago but went to the British Museum when they were there- got there and the exhibit was sold out. Damn! Well I finally got the last laugh because I went to X'ian china (a city of 7 million people) where the Terra Cotta warriors were discovered. I got to see ALL of them.