• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

[May '08 Thread] wanted weeks.com anybody heard of them?

doublebubbls

TUG Member
Reaction score
Was just looking to see if anybody had any dealings with
WANTED WEEKS.com
Located in FLA or CO.
Just bought some points from them and get a funny feeling things are not right.

Bill4728

Reaction score
There are many TS sales websites and they seem to be changing all the time. I've never heard of them but their website seems legit. The key to not getting scammed is to use a legit TS closing company.

Edited: Resort Transfer Services ( the company they use to transfer the TS title) was not found when I searched on the web with google so that is a concern. I'm not saying they are not legit just that I can't find a web site for them using google.

EDited to add: Wanted weeks has bursted onto ebay in the last couple of months. Their ebay ads are full of errors. I 'd be very concerned about dealing with them.

Last edited:

GrayFal

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Bluegreen SVV Morritt's Seaside Former WSJx5
There are many TS sales websites and they seem to be changing all the time. I've never heard of them but their website seems legit. The key to not getting scammed is to use a legit TS closing company.

Edited: Resort Transfer Services ( the company they use to transfer the TS title) was not found when I searched on the web with google so that is a concern. I'm not saying they are not legit just that I can't find a web site for them using google.

I am in the process of negotiating/completing a deal with them....
I will see what I can find out about the closing company.

OP- how long ago did your auction end?

GrayFal

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Was just looking to see if anybody had any dealings with
WANTED WEEKS.com
Located in FLA or CO.
Just bought some points from them and get a funny feeling things are not right.

I am also looking at some Wyndham points

doublebubbls

TUG Member
Reaction score
I am also looking at some Wyndham points

Pat,
Thanks for the info too.
I just won last week and have had a hard time getting any info other PAY ME first stuff. He wants me to send him a voided check copy??? WHY...
Wrong address for resort, twice, on the contract.
Only answering machine on phone numbers given.
Has ebay auction location listed as FLA but his website and phone are in CO.
Bill, found a closing company for him somehow and ihave been looking for it also to check it out.
Just so much that feels wrong. Have you spoken to him at all??
TKS Randy

GrayFal

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Pat,
Thanks for the info too.
I just won last week and have had a hard time getting any info other PAY ME first stuff. He wants me to send him a voided check copy??? WHY...
Wrong address for resort, twice, on the contract.
Only answering machine on phone numbers given.
Has ebay auction location listed as FLA but his website and phone are in CO.
Bill, found a closing company for him somehow and have been looking for it also to check it out.
Just so much that feels wrong. Have you spoken to him at all??
TKS Randy
Nope, just emailing back and forth......
Not getting a good feeling about the 'unidentified' closing company - when I clicked on the link to his website from the ebay auctions, there is mention of the closing company Bill found.

Last edited:

JMAESD84

TUG Member
Reaction score
I've noticed this new eBay seller myself and have watched his early auctions with interest. He's built up an eBay feedback rating under the user "wanted weeks" complete with logo,yet his feedback rating based almost exclusively on purchases made, there is no feedback related to timeshare sales. Now he's list several JUMBO points packages ??

This could be a legitimate business launch.....but

PLEASE BE CAUTIOUS.

I've "asked the seller a question" about providing more information regarding himself and the closing company. I also, invited him to post here.

jerseygirl

TUG Member
Reaction score
I was interested in his Harborside auction last weekend -- so much wrong info and the inability to find any info on the closing company caused me to chicken out on bidding. If everything's legit, someone got a great deal. But, it will be interesting to find out how he resolves the listed closing fee. Either the buyer will be hit with a whole lot more money, or the seller will get his first lesson in carefully checking facts prior to listing! If a Tugger bought it, keep us posted!

ctydisneyfan

Reaction score
Hello,
I too am interested in several of his auctions. I emailed for more information on the closing company and the high MF's. I suspected errors and called the location direct and found that the MF's he is quoting on several of his auctions are high. He has emailed me back promptly with complete answers but still questioning to purchase from him due to his lack of seller experience. He sold two (2) items so far...one is a car and I emailed the buyer with no response but that dosn't mean that their was a problem. Something sounds a bit off.. Here is a quote from his email:

"Resort Transfer Services, INC. (located in CO) handles all of our closings and transfer fees. We 100% gurantee Clear and Free title!!! "

Buyer by causous...anybody so far got contracts?:cheer:

doublebubbls

TUG Member
Reaction score
updated INFO

I did make some phone calls last night.
He listed paypal payment in his listings but does not have a link to paypal.
He called me and sent me a paypal request for paymant and it had a different user ID then anything he had listed before.
I called paypal and they said he was not verifered and would not guarantee the sale.
The phone number he called me from on my caller ID was from some sort of company in CO. Yet when i asked him before about why the ebay was listed in FLA he said he just moved.
A lot of things dont match.
Just to keep all of you updated.

AND all of you who have answered, THANK YOU very much. I am new to tugs but feel very greatfull that there is such great people out there to help.

GrayFal

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Hmmmmm.....unless I can use the closing company I prefer and trust, I will probably let this go.

Too bad....

cherokee_villager

TUG Member
Reaction score
One of his current ebay listings is for Golden Strand, Sunny Isles Beach (near Miami Beach), Fl. Starting bid is .99 is for a 2 BR, 2 1/2 Bath, 1st floor. I have owned at this resort, and it is beautiful. This type of unit is selling for $6900 at the resale office on the premises. His stated MF are wrong. Not $800, but $662, I verified this with the resort.

I previously paid $208.50 for a 1 BR unit and resold it for $5000, so am seriously considering placing a bid, just because it has a great investment potential.

Last edited:

ctydisneyfan

Reaction score
Hello...
It won't be a good investment if he's a scam artist? Please understand...I would also love to purchase but many things just don't add up...

Most of his auctions have erroneous information, including high MF's and resort information...this dosn't mean he actually has the right to sell...once he has the money...goodbye...

If anyone has completed a deal with him please post!

Be Careful...

myip

TUG Member
Reaction score
I didn't want to bid on his listing because most of his ads has wrong information. Don't want more headache.

cherokee_villager

TUG Member
Reaction score
Some very important details about his auctions have not been mentioned here. Number one is that just about every type of credit card is accepted, including non-paypal card tranactions. To me that is very, very important as that entails extra security in terms of disputes and chargeback capabilities.

Also, look at the listing of TS he is selling. Some are none too popular, thus the low starting price. He is making his money on the $495 closing fee's, which is just fine with me, if the final bid price is low.

As for the mistakes in his quoted MF, remember, this ebay seller is relying on the owner for these figures...... due diligence by the bidder is always required.

myip

TUG Member
Reaction score
Some very important details about his auctions have not been mentioned here. Number one is that just about every type of credit card is accepted, including non-paypal card tranactions. To me that is very, very important as that entails extra security in terms of disputes and chargeback capabilities.

Also, look at the listing of TS he is selling. Some are none too popular, thus the low starting price. He is making his money on the $495 closing fee's, which is just fine with me, if the final bid price is low.

As for the mistakes in his quoted MF, remember, this ebay seller is relying on the owner for these figures...... due diligence by the bidder is always required.

Credit card only protect you for 60 days after billing... They can dragged the closing for a long time especially for Starwood Harborside where it requires a lawyer - closing cost is like $1800 not $495. Why would a reseller list on a ebay and majority of the ads doesn't have the correct info? Sloppy listing translates to sloppy closing.

cherokee_villager

TUG Member
Reaction score
Why would a reseller list on a ebay and majority of the ads doesn't have the correct info? Sloppy listing translates to sloppy closing.

It is quite common for ebay sellers to have some misinformation in a TS listing. That is why we have due diligence on the part of the prospective bidder. I viewed only two of his listings, and one of those listings had one (1) error, the other listing had no errors whatsoever. I find that reasonable considering the reseller is getting his info from the TS owner, who may not be up to date on what his TS entails. One excellent example of seller misinformation are the Las Vegas listings from various resellers. Quite a few pieces of wrong info, which the bidder has to take with a grain of salt.

The bottom line......if the bidder is not willing to do his due diligence, then stay away, and not place that bid.

Patri

Tug Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Doesn't matter if owner gives correct info. As noted, so many are clueless as to what they own. Seller should be asking the right questions. He isn't, which is the red flag.

sleder10

Reaction score
Wanted Weeks TS Sales

I notice he has TS at Villa Del Palmar in Mexico listed as a "Deeded Property". All of theirs are RTU only, so he definately makes some mistakes

GrayFal

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
I did make some phone calls last night.
He listed paypal payment in his listings but does not have a link to paypal.
He called me and sent me a paypal request for paymant and it had a different user ID then anything he had listed before.
I called paypal and they said he was not verifered and would not guarantee the sale.
The phone number he called me from on my caller ID was from some sort of company in CO. Yet when i asked him before about why the ebay was listed in FLA he said he just moved.
A lot of things dont match.
Just to keep all of you updated.

AND all of you who have answered, THANK YOU very much. I am new to tugs but feel very greatfull that there is such great people out there to help.
Well, I just won my auction - $55 - I will let you know how I make out..... :shrug:

JMAESD84

TUG Member
Reaction score
Well, I just won my auction - $55 - I will let you know how I make out..... :shrug:

Me too, I just won my auction for $.99 and sent along my contact information.

It should get very interesting from here on out. ;)

I'm certain there is not even a timeshare under the name nor at the location given in my auction (180239924706) Grande Lakes Resort. :eek:

The auction offers Week 21, 2BD/2BA annual usage for a MF of $650 and provides images and descriptive content of the J W Marriott and Ritz Carlton Resort Hotels located at the address given.

$650 for a week there will be sweet.....oh baby. :rolleyes:

Last edited:

rickandcindy23

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Founder; Disney OKW & SSR; Marriott's Willow Ridge,Shadow Ridge,Grand Chateau;Val Chatelle; Hono Koa OF (3); SBR(LOTS), SDO a few; Grand Palms; WKORV-OF (2),Westin Desert Willow.
You probably bought at Grand Lakes on Irlo Bronson, but the ad is ridiculous and very misleading. Did he just go to the internet and post whatever resort came up that is called Grand Lakes? This guy has no idea what he is doing. :rolleyes:

GrayFal

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Me too, I just won my auction for $.99 and sent along my contact information.

It should get very interesting from here on out. ;)

I'm certain there is not even a timeshare under the name nor at the location given in my auction (180239924706) Grande Lakes Resort. :eek:

The auction offers Week 21, 2BD/2BA annual usage for a MF of $650 and provides images and descriptive content of the J W Marriott and Ritz Carlton Resort Hotels located at the address given.

$650 for a week there will be sweet.....oh baby. :rolleyes:

Lucky for you - ebay real estate auctions are not binding.
Branson is a long way from Orlando :rolleyes:

JMAESD84

TUG Member
Reaction score
You probably bought at Grand Lakes on Irlo Bronson, but the ad is ridiculous and very misleading. Did he just go to the internet and post whatever resort came up that is called Grand Lakes? This guy has no idea what he is doing. :rolleyes:

I'm hoping for Marriott Grande Vista:p