• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

[May '08 Thread] wanted weeks.com anybody heard of them?

Jennie

TUG Member
Reaction score
Please send us a Private Message with detail through Tug and we will provide you with status. We are close to having other ways to contact us as well as we plan to reemerge as Wanted Weeks and provide a better service to future clients. It is our hope to win back your trust/confidence after this ordeal.

Oh, so now you are conceding that you have been providing bad service. You are alluding to an "ordeal." It seems the ordeal has been suffered by many people who trusted you to competently provide what you advertised and and sold and what they paid for. You have the audacity to come on these boards and argue with the statements made by TUG members you've victimized. You have some nerve!

Glad you have decided to "re-emerge" under the same name "Wanted weeks." It will be easy to recognize your Ebay offerings and avoid them like the plague.

Jennie

TUG Member
Reaction score
Cindy - if you would like to not buy from us in the future.. please don't. The reality is that there are many people that will sacrifice a little service for tremendous savings (like you have). If that were not the case everyone would pay 90% more to buy from the developer. Right?

And then there are many more people who will receive tremendous savings buying timeshares on Ebay from competent sellers who have the resources and commitment to expeditiously deliver what is won. You are not on that list!

You don't have to tell Cindy that she doesn't have to buy from you in the future. She is well aware of that. I doubt that she would ever contemplate doing future business with you. And now thousands of TUG members have been forewarned.

Last edited:

brumbielynch

Reaction score
wanted weeks - shaun fletcher

I purchased 2 timeshares on Ebay from this group last Fall. Weeks 22 and 28 with first use this year. REPEATED emails and voicemails left to follow-up with no responses. The timeshares were never transferred and of course I could not use them this year. I am now just trying to get my money back. "Kimberly Moore, Attorney in Fact" was listed on both sales contracts. I found her contact data here on TUG - she is in OK, not CO as shown on the contracts. I just spoke with her and she says this is all a fraud - she has nothing to do with any of this and has no idea what I am talking about. I just faxed her copies of these contracts so she can start her own investigation. If anyone finds Shaun Fletcher and begins legal proceedings please let me know in case I can join.

ckaris

Reaction score

Always nice to welcome another TUG-BBS newcomer.

Interesting to see 1 more new recruit holding to the well established custom of starting off here by endorsing an Up-Front Fee company.

( Just saying. )

-- Alan Cole, McLean (Fairfax County), Virginia, USA.​

Alan,

Not sure what 'endorsing' means - can you explain ? I paid Wanted Weeks - they did not deliver - and when I found that their phone number was no longer in service, I searched the web, I found Antonella's contact information on this board, contacted her in April (and kept contact every few weeks), and am now simply reporting that she kept her word/promise. Also, my credit card company has (at least for the moment) credited me for the 2009 maintenance fees paid to Wanted Weeks, so I seem to have been made whole and I am [quite naturally] relieved at that. I don't see how that constitutes an 'endorsement'.

Chris

AwayWeGo

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Grandview At Las Vegas

[triennial - points]
Nobody's Perfect.

I don't see how that constitutes an 'endorsement'.
I stand corrected.

-- Alan Cole, McLean (Fairfax County), Virginia, USA.​

rickandcindy23

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Founder; Disney OKW & SSR; Marriott's Willow Ridge and Shadow Ridge,Grand Chateau; Val Chatelle; Hono Koa OF (3); SBR(LOTS), SDO a few; Grand Palms(selling); WKORV-OF ,Westin Desert Willow.
I purchased 2 timeshares on Ebay from this group last Fall. Weeks 22 and 28 with first use this year. REPEATED emails and voicemails left to follow-up with no responses. The timeshares were never transferred and of course I could not use them this year. I am now just trying to get my money back. "Kimberly Moore, Attorney in Fact" was listed on both sales contracts. I found her contact data here on TUG - she is in OK, not CO as shown on the contracts. I just spoke with her and she says this is all a fraud - she has nothing to do with any of this and has no idea what I am talking about. I just faxed her copies of these contracts so she can start her own investigation. If anyone finds Shaun Fletcher and begins legal proceedings please let me know in case I can join.

That doesn't make me feel better at all about my year-long wait. Yes, it's now nearly a year. :(

Larry6417

TUG Member
Reaction score
I can't believe this thread is still active.

And here I am contributing to it.:eek:

I can't complain as much as other people - I have my TS, although it took 11 months. This whole episode highlights to me just how sleazy the TS indusrty can be. Don't misunderstand me. I've been bitten by the TS bug and intend to timeshare the rest of my life. But the whole industry cries out for better consumer protection. We have TS salespeople who outright lie, inadequate recission periods, conflicts of interest in homeowner associations, developers who keep MFs too low for needed renovations then dump the problem onto new owners, exchange companies that rent weeks rather than exchange them, and TS transfer people who don't deliver. I'm sure I've missed other TS scams (I've been doing it less than a year don't forget).

This BBS is incredibly valuable because it warns us against the fraudulent/ incompetent, but that seems awfully late for some. The rest of us are warned only after many people have already been ripped off. If buying a home were this fraudulent there would be a huge outcry...on second thought, that is happening:) . Any ideas on how we can be more proactive or encourage better legislation?

Last edited:

musical2

TUG Member
Reaction score
I am also still waiting for my deed to be recorded. I actually got a call from Timeshare rescue last week telling me my deed was sent to be recorded to Oahu. I have my fingers crossed. But from what I have been seeing lately, once it gets to that point it seems to happen. However, there still is the issue of the 2009 Maintenance fee I paid to Wanted Weeks. I hope it gets passed on to the resort, but I am not holding my breath.

Bart

Idahodude

TUG Member
Reaction score
I purchased early this year. I have heard from Shaun twice now. He states that my deed is prepared, but hasn't been recorded yet. I've now missed the week that I "prepaid" for when my auction closed. So not all is resolved. I believe that's why this thread is still going.

:wall:

TamaraQT

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Vacation Village
Woodstone
The Colonies
Fingers Crossed

Well, it appears on 06/11/09 my deed was finally recorded!!!! :eek:
I can't believe it. I have been checking periodically and was so surprised to see it has been recorded. So I came here today to advise everyone who is waiting to check with the county of your timeshare and see if yours has been recorded. Even if you haven't been notified...check anyway.

I guess I should be very happy that this is all coming to an end. However, I know there are those who still sit, wait, and hope they will also have news of their deeds being recorded or better yet, have their deeds in hand. Which reminds me is another reason I am not getting excited until I actually have paperwork in hand. Preferably from Westgate resorts acknowledging my timeshare ownership. After all of this we have been through, I am taking NOTHING for granted. Also, there still lies the issue of acknowledgement that MFees for 2009 have already been paid. Now since I have had contact with my sellers, they verified they already paid MFees for the 2009 year. Now I am wondering if Westgate is going to accept that it has been paid (and Shaun keeps my $$$), or will they be asking for MFees to be paid again?? Things are still questionable. So, I am still in the same boat with everyone else waiting for proof of ownership. A recorded deed means nothing if the resort doesn't acknowledge it. :shrug:

krmlaw

TUG Member
Reaction score
The resort acknowledges me as owner, but no MF were paid to them. Im fighting with Shaun about it now ...

calgarygary

TUG Member
Reaction score
Well, it appears on 06/11/09 my deed was finally recorded!!!! :eek:
I can't believe it. I have been checking periodically and was so surprised to see it has been recorded. So I came here today to advise everyone who is waiting to check with the county of your timeshare and see if yours has been recorded. Even if you haven't been notified...check anyway.

I guess I should be very happy that this is all coming to an end. However, I know there are those who still sit, wait, and hope they will also have news of their deeds being recorded or better yet, have their deeds in hand. Which reminds me is another reason I am not getting excited until I actually have paperwork in hand. Preferably from Westgate resorts acknowledging my timeshare ownership. After all of this we have been through, I am taking NOTHING for granted. Also, there still lies the issue of acknowledgement that MFees for 2009 have already been paid. Now since I have had contact with my sellers, they verified they already paid MFees for the 2009 year. Now I am wondering if Westgate is going to accept that it has been paid (and Shaun keeps my $$$), or will they be asking for MFees to be paid again?? Things are still questionable. So, I am still in the same boat with everyone else waiting for proof of ownership. A recorded deed means nothing if the resort doesn't acknowledge it. :shrug:

Just because the deed has been recorded at the county does not mean the ownership is or will soon be transferred with the HOA. I do hope things work out for you but keep the pressure up until your HOA acknowledges the transfer.

TamaraQT

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Vacation Village
Woodstone
The Colonies
Just because the deed has been recorded at the county does not mean the ownership is or will soon be transferred with the HOA. I do hope things work out for you but keep the pressure up until your HOA acknowledges the transfer.
And this is why I am not getting excited yet. There is still a ways to go. My sellers have been very cooperative with me. MFees for 2009 were already paid by them and Shaun didnt reimburse them and the resort won't either. So I am not sure where that will leave me. Some sellers didnt pay theirs. I don't know if it matters or not. But I would think that the resort would not be allowed to collecgt MFees twice in the same year but I could be wrong. Does anyone know the answer to that question? Can the resort collect it twice?

london

TUG Member
Reaction score
Going Out Of Business - Bankruptcy

I was hoping that you could stay in business, as all of my purchases did result is good closings.

Hopefully, you can close the remaining customers purchases.

I did pay in full for all my purchases via Wanted Weeks.

jejones3329

TUG Member
Reaction score
Was hoping I could post a positive outcome on properrty I bought, I would appreciate knowing if it is going to close, The autoresponse does not sound real promising

joe1972

Reaction score
lost money....lost time....lost dreams....

I is amazing..... I made two other purchases from another company months past the one with weeks wanted and both deeds came in this month......

It is just so crazy that most of us will never see our time shares...... I have been in touch with the owners of the time share and they sighned it over to Time share rescue all most a year ago.....

And it is still in there name..... and even though I have a contract with the ownwers name on it..... they r worried that if we go ahead and put it in my name through the resort that it would be a breech of contract.

they feel there hands are tied.... I hate to see the week come and go with out it being used then the new year comes upon us and the resort starts chasing after the owner for there MF....... something they have not planned on saving for or planing on having to pay were I m will to pay the closing costs again and the 2009 MF.....

Lost Money:wave:
Lost Time:shrug:
Lost Dreams:(
:wall:

w.bob

Tug Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Member
Reaction score
I have been in touch with the owners of the time share and they sighned it over to Time share rescue all most a year ago.....
:

I just spoke with the seller of the timeshare I won on Ebay. The original owner stated that he paid Timeshare Rescue to sell the unit. I bought the unit through Wantedweeks. When Wantedweeks and there closing company fell apart Timeshare Rescue stepped in to complete the deal.

I was just wondering how Wantedweeks got a hold of the unit if it was contracted to Timeshare Rescue?

rickandcindy23

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Founder; Disney OKW & SSR; Marriott's Willow Ridge and Shadow Ridge,Grand Chateau; Val Chatelle; Hono Koa OF (3); SBR(LOTS), SDO a few; Grand Palms(selling); WKORV-OF ,Westin Desert Willow.
It's now been a year for our points purchase that has yet to be transferred to our names. This is not a surprise, Shaun filing bankruptcy. You have to give good customer service, or your business will suffer.

Bill4728

Reaction score
.... I have been in touch with the owners of the time share and they sighned it over to Time share rescue all most a year ago.....

And it is still in their name..... and even though I have a contract with the ownwers name on it..... they r worried that if we go ahead and put it in my name through the resort that it would be a breech of contract.

I just spoke with the seller of the timeshare I won on Ebay. The original owner stated that he paid Timeshare Rescue (TR) to sell the unit. I bought the unit through Wantedweeks. When Wantedweeks and there closing company fell apart Timeshare Rescue stepped in to complete the deal.
Joe & Bob,
If you still want the TS, you could offer the owner of record to take it off their hands and have a reputable company transfer the title into your names. These owners didn't sell their TSs then gave TR power of attorney to sell the TS. The owner can still sell them themselves.

Forget about Timeshare rescue & wanted weeks.

Last edited:

joe1972

Reaction score
TSR

Well I contaced TSR and they said they will do the transfer.......
But I have a couple of issues.....
First they want me to go after the money from Weeks Wanted..... Seeing they are the ones who put it in there hands to sell it does not sit to well with me..... that is what I need to do so I can then pay it to TSR!.... well I had a few concerns with that express it to them.... we'll see were that lies...

And second after the closing up shop with Weeks Wanted .... i had to go and book a vaction for me and thefamily to go on..... the week was all ready slotted to be off at work and that was the week we planned on going away some were......

Now I have a resort paid for...... Plane tickets Paid for ...... 7 rental Car paid for and all non refundable.............

I have been waiting 7+ months for this deed to pass and purchased 2 other times share months after and received the deeds for them in june!!!!

Hell the most recent purchase to all of 2.5 months to close.....

So was I supose to sit and wait to see what happens and not go on a vaction with the family...... hoping the Time Share Gods pull something out of there A@# and I get to go on my Vaction at the TS were I planned or book something and not let my family & kids down......

Well I am tring to see if the owners want to close the deede as me being the 2010 owner ad they can use it this year and I will just pay the resort for 2010 fees....... but I don't like the fact that I now damned if I do and Damned if a don't and forced to choose one vaction or the other and loose money I can't be in two place at the same time and th ownership can not take place fast enough for me to bank it before the week gets here it"s just too danm close.......

:crash:

ctyatty

TUG Member
Reaction score
the silver lining:
This horror story will lessen demand for re-sale purchases (at least perhaps off eBay) and thereby reducing or at least keeping prices down for those of us who are willing to wind thru the process. . . . . .

A lot of people do not consider it a bargain to jerked around for months on end.

musical2

TUG Member
Reaction score
Arrgh... Antonella contacted me and said that my deed was rejected by the Oahu folks because the full middle name of the seller was not on the deed papers (only the middle initial). Now they have to do submit it all over again.

Bart

steeler

Reaction score
Spoke with Antonella today and my transaction has not been notarized. It has been 8 months so far now. To add insult to injury, just found out that Wanted_Weeks filed for bankruptcy and that the funds I paid are in jeopardy. Because the transaction occurred so long ago, my bank is unable to retrieve/obtain the funds.

Antonella told me that once notarized, funds will be needed to finish the transacton -- which ulitmately means I'm going to take the hit.

At this point, I need to find a way to contact the original sellers and find out how to add my claim to Wanted Weeks bankruptcy filing. I'm sure the list is long.

:ponder: :mad: :shrug:

rickandcindy23

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Spoke with Antonella today and my transaction has not been notarized. It has been 8 months so far now. To add insult to injury, just found out that Wanted_Weeks filed for bankruptcy and that the funds I paid are in jeopardy. Because the transaction occurred so long ago, my bank is unable to retrieve/obtain the funds.

Antonella told me that once notarized, funds will be needed to finish the transacton -- which ulitmately means I'm going to take the hit.

At this point, I need to find a way to contact the original sellers and find out how to add my claim to Wanted Weeks bankruptcy filing. I'm sure the list is long.

:ponder: :mad: :shrug:

Did you reimburse Shaun for maintenance fees? If so, then you shouldn't owe a thing, and you need to tell Antonella that as well. How dare Shaun take money from people for maintenance fees and not turn that money into the resorts. That is stealing, pure and simple.

Shaun followed the successful business model of several companies and couldn't make it in the business.

I suppose our purchase will require maintenance fees to be paid, before we are going to be acknowledged as owners. I have no intention of paying Antonella, or any other person, for maintenance fees, but I will pay the resort directly. This is how we must handle things, for our own peace of mind. I am pretty tired of waiting. A recorded deed is hardly enough assurance of property ownership. :rolleyes: