• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

[May '08 Thread] wanted weeks.com anybody heard of them?

Bferguson

Reaction score
Transferred to someone else

http://www.wantedweeks.com/

Despite this notice we are continuing to complete the transfers while the proceedings are finalized.

I purchased a timeshare on E-Bay in january and paid for it the day or two later. I still have not received titles and have investigated both Wanted Weeks and Resort Transfer Services. All phone numbers are discinnected and they do not return my letters. I found out yesterday that they filed a deed with the Clark County Recorders office on my time share in the name of another party. I have contacted our local District Attorneys Offcie and they are seeking criminal indictments for Shaun Fletcher, Wanted Weeks, Resort Transfer Services, Chavez Industries Inc., and Kristopher Chavez for internet fraud. I have discussed this case at length with the DA and the Sheriff's office. I am willing to drop these charges if these companies will come through with the broken promises. Shaun claims to be continuing to finish the transfers but I do not see how he can transfer my unit to me when they have already transferred to another party.

Brett L. Ferguson
Attorney at Law

rickandcindy23

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Founder; Disney OKW & SSR; Marriott's Willow Ridge and Shadow Ridge,Grand Chateau; Val Chatelle; Hono Koa OF (3); SBR(LOTS), SDO a few; Grand Palms(selling); WKORV-OF ,Westin Desert Willow.
Please keep us updated here, Mr. Ferguson.

I have no sympathy for Shaun Fletcher, who took money, didn't use an escrow company, promised delivery within 90 days of our properties, then skips away by filing bankruptcy. This guy truly had no idea what he was doing and what knowledgeable people expect from a timeshare sale. I just wanted our money held in an escrow account until the transfer was complete, but there is no escrow, and how could that be legal in a real estate transaction?

ambrosia

Reaction score
Go with your thoughts...

It's unfortunate that you have had to deal with the nightmare that is Timeshare Rescue, Resort Transfer Services and Wanted Weeks, which are all one and the same! I paid thousands of dollars for them to transfer a couple of timeshares for my family about a year and a half ago, to no avail, they have taken it out of my name at the county but not at the resort. So my fees are still my fees, but the timeshare is not mine unless I pay to correct the title! All of the names they used as power of attorney and attorney in fact are just people that worked with them-because the company closed shop in March and they are just running a front to bring in more timeshare to rip off more people- I have a friend in Denver that went to their address and the property manager said they skipped out on the lease. What more can I say! If anyone is going to do anything- someone in Colorado should go straight to the attorney general and put these thieves out of business!

QUOTE=Bferguson;756139]I purchased a timeshare on E-Bay in january and paid for it the day or two later. I still have not received titles and have investigated both Wanted Weeks and Resort Transfer Services. All phone numbers are discinnected and they do not return my letters. I found out yesterday that they filed a deed with the Clark County Recorders office on my time share in the name of another party. I have contacted our local District Attorneys Offcie and they are seeking criminal indictments for Shaun Fletcher, Wanted Weeks, Resort Transfer Services, Chavez Industries Inc., and Kristopher Chavez for internet fraud. I have discussed this case at length with the DA and the Sheriff's office. I am willing to drop these charges if these companies will come through with the broken promises. Shaun claims to be continuing to finish the transfers but I do not see how he can transfer my unit to me when they have already transferred to another party.

Brett L. Ferguson
Attorney at Law[/QUOTE]

ambrosia

Reaction score
One and the same...

They are all the same company run by Kristopher Chavez in Denver, Colorado

I just spoke with the seller of the timeshare I won on Ebay. The original owner stated that he paid Timeshare Rescue to sell the unit. I bought the unit through Wantedweeks. When Wantedweeks and there closing company fell apart Timeshare Rescue stepped in to complete the deal.

I was just wondering how Wantedweeks got a hold of the unit if it was contracted to Timeshare Rescue?

steeler

Reaction score
For those who are still following this thread (assuming we're all in the same situation), I spoke with Antonella and she advised that my deed is finally being sent to the recorder. Unfortunately, this whole process will take up to six more weeks -- and that's if there are no more hiccups!

It's discouraging that this process has taken so long. I'm still trying to be optimistic about this whole thing, even though I paid for a Hilton timeshare that I'm unable to use.

As for the group formerly known as WantedWeeks -- I've lived long enough to know that things have a funny way of working out and karma usually gives everyone what they deserve.

Wanted Weeks

Reaction score
Shaun claims to be continuing to finish the transfers but I do not see how he can transfer my unit to me when they have already transferred to another party.

We have given you week 44 instead as you already know from our conversations the last week. We have resolved this issue with you the moment it was brought to our attention. Have a great day!

The week 45 you speak of was transfered successfully to another owner in late June 2009 as you stated. We will continue to work through the transfers. Thank you.

Last edited:

Wanted Weeks

Reaction score
For those who are still following this thread (assuming we're all in the same situation), I spoke with Antonella and she advised that my deed is finally being sent to the recorder. Unfortunately, this whole process will take up to six more weeks -- and that's if there are no more hiccups!

It's discouraging that this process has taken so long. I'm still trying to be optimistic about this whole thing, even though I paid for a Hilton timeshare that I'm unable to use.

As for the group formerly known as WantedWeeks -- I've lived long enough to know that things have a funny way of working out and karma usually gives everyone what they deserve.

We are sorry for the delay, as it is frustrating for us as well. I know it has been frustrating.

If you need anything you can still contact us through support@wantedweeks.com and we will be sure to assist in your ongoing concerns.

I think everyone would agree that this time has been trying for many. I for one have learned much during this situation. Rumors are not worth fighting because you just get caught up in more negativity.

It is true that "The road to hell is paved with good intentions" and that any excuses for delays or errors are not worth anything to those that are being inconvenienced by those mistakes. We are still here for you. We want you to get your purchases and we want to do the right thing by everyone.

Karma is real, and does work. I have seen it in my own life. But at the end of the day the universe is not good to anyone who doesn't take a chance at bettering themselves and their family. We set out to do that, and we had success and we had failure. It is now our goal to fix those issues that we have control over while moving on to a more positive path for ourselves.

There are a few dozen people that will continue this thread out of frustration etc, the sad thing is that the over hundreds of successful transactions that went off without a hitch will never be reported here. I am proud of what we built, and sad that our hard word was not sustainable and has caused some temporary hardship for some of our clients.

As long as we are able we will continue to assist everyone.

Have a nice day.

Thank you,

Wanted Weeks

retired4ever

Reaction score
Done with Wanted Weeks, is there a good alternative out there?

I'm leery of buying more timeshares on eBay after this experience. I had the same thing happen as some of you on here where the deed was recorded for my Wyndham but it took FOREVER. I do get 2009 usage though so is that supposed to be my responsibility? I think Wanted Weeks should pay for my 09 fees for the inconvenience personally.

In the future, who are some credible eBay sellers to purchase timeshares from. I would like to buy 3-4 new points contracts but want to buy from a reputable seller.

Also, are there other places to buy timeshares at a bargain that are a little less risky?

thank You in advance for any help.

retired4ever

Reaction score
Also, are there other places to buy timeshares at a bargain that are a little less risky?

thank You in advance for any help.

Please also remember to suggest a good closing company as well. I have heard mixed things about all of them. Is it hard to just do the transfer myself and is that legal to do myself or do I need an attorney.

w.bob

Tug Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Member
Reaction score
We are sorry for the delay, as it is frustrating for us as well. I know it has been frustrating.

If you need anything you can still contact us through support@wantedweeks.com and we will be sure to assist in your ongoing concerns.

I think everyone would agree that this time has been trying for many. I for one have learned much during this situation. Rumors are not worth fighting because you just get caught up in more negativity.

It is true that "The road to hell is paved with good intentions" and that any excuses for delays or errors are not worth anything to those that are being inconvenienced by those mistakes. We are still here for you. We want you to get your purchases and we want to do the right thing by everyone.

Karma is real, and does work. I have seen it in my own life. But at the end of the day the universe is not good to anyone who doesn't take a chance at bettering themselves and their family. We set out to do that, and we had success and we had failure. It is now our goal to fix those issues that we have control over while moving on to a more positive path for ourselves.

There are a few dozen people that will continue this thread out of frustration etc, the sad thing is that the over hundreds of successful transactions that went off without a hitch will never be reported here. I am proud of what we built, and sad that our hard word was not sustainable and has caused some temporary hardship for some of our clients.

Have a nice day.

Thank you,

Wanted Weeks

I will assume that you are Shaun Fletcher even though you are now only signing as Wantedweeks. Please answer a question for me. Do you have any intentions of making people whole for the purchases that have gone bad. By this I mean do you plan on reimbursing anyone who purchased from you with good faith having paid you upfront for transfer fees and maintenance fees, which were never paid to the resort. These people paid you in good faith and are now having to pay these fees again directly to the resorts.

Wanted Weeks

Reaction score
I will assume that you are Shaun Fletcher even though you are now only signing as Wantedweeks. Please answer a question for me. Do you have any intentions of making people whole for the purchases that have gone bad. By this I mean do you plan on reimbursing anyone who purchased from you with good faith having paid you upfront for transfer fees and maintenance fees, which were never paid to the resort. These people paid you in good faith and are now having to pay these fees again directly to the resorts.

Bob,

Thank you for your question. I have been up front this entire time when I say that we have been doing everything we can to #1 get the timeshares transfered, and to do it in the way that causes the least amount of impact on the seller and buyer. We have returned over $130,000.00 to clients in the past 6 months and many more have received units free of charge.

So, to answer your question - yes. But we can only do this to the extent we are financially capable.

wilma

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Red Wolf Lakeside Lodge, Hanalei Bay Resort, Sweetbriar Lake tahoe, Marriott Canyon Villas, Hyatt High Sierra, Point at Poipu
We have returned over $130,000.00 to clients in the past 6 months and many more have received units free of charge.

So, to answer your question - yes. But we can only do this to the extent we are financially capable.

The $130,000 statement is meaningless unless one knows how much you took in. The second statement merely says that yes you have the intention of making people whole, but may not actually do it due to your financial state....It would be like me saying to the bank, yes I fully intend to pay my mortgage but may not be able to because of my financial situation.:( :( :(

Wanted Weeks

Reaction score
The $130,000 statement is meaningless unless one knows how much you took in. The second statement merely says that yes you have the intention of making people whole, but may not actually do it due to your financial state....It would be like me saying to the bank, yes I fully intend to pay my mortgage but may not be able to because of my financial situation.:( :( :(

Actually Wilma, yes. That is exactly what we are saying. The analogy you gave was very appropriate I think.

I believe you would agree that few people (if any) enter into a contract to purchase a house with the expectation that they will someday not be able to make the payments (even though 850,000 properties were repossessed in 2008 and that is expected to almost double in 09'). The same is true here, we have always had the expectation that we would be able to service 100% of our clients and are still striving to that end.

By the way, the "meaningless" $130,000 we returned meant quite a bit to us, and the people we gave it to I promise you that. Oh, and why are you so sad? I don't think you were ever a client, am I right? So turn those frowns upside down :) :) :)

Last edited:

Larry6417

TUG Member
Reaction score
Unwanted reseller excuses

By the way, the "meaningless" $130,000 we returned meant quite a bit to us, and the people we gave it to I promise you that. Oh, and why are you so sad? I don't think you were ever a client, am I right? So turn those frowns upside down :) :) :)

You're joking right? I hope so because that's one of the most ridiculous things I've ever heard. You took money that wasn't meant to be used for your business purposes (transfer fees and maintenance fees) and now want kudos for returning part, not all, of what you were never supposed to take in the first place. I was a customer of yours. I did receive my TS - after 11 months, so I'm a customer but not a satisfied one.

Don't take any of the scathing criticism here personally. Just turn that frown upside down! :annoyed:

Jennie

TUG Member
Reaction score
You had some nerve taking and spending money before you provided the buyer with the item you advertised. What part of the word ESCROW do you not understand? There are laws governing what you did, and didn't do. I know of two people who are in the process of working with authorities to seek prosecution.

All the promises, explanations, and excuses you have posted here on TUG are meaningless. If you think that anyone is "buying" it, well, there's a bridge in Brooklyn you might want to bid on. For people to have to wait over a year to obtain legal ownership of a timeshare is outrageous. May I suggest that you sell any assets you may have, work 2-3 jobs, borrow money from friends (if you have any left) and quickly reimburse the buyers who paid you in good faith and did not receive what they were entitled to. Do so before you have to spend much more defending against legal charges. :mad: :mad:

wilma

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Red Wolf Lakeside Lodge, Hanalei Bay Resort, Sweetbriar Lake tahoe, Marriott Canyon Villas, Hyatt High Sierra, Point at Poipu
Actually Wilma, yes. That is exactly what we are saying. The analogy you gave was very appropriate I think.

No, you are not right, actually I was a client, I won one of your ebay auctions and have posted several times in this thread about my experience with your outfit. Somehow you got all of the info incorrect and when I tried to verify with the resort they told me that nothing in your ad was true except the resort name--Red Wolf Lakeside Lodge. You then promised to get me what I had won in the auction, and promised, and promised....:( :( :( :( But you must have heard so many variations of this story about your incompetence that you just forgot about me. Thank god I didn't give you any money.:) :) :)

Last edited:

Wanted Weeks

Reaction score
What I find interesting about all the people posting their scathing criticisms is that they fall into one of these categories:

1) Received what they purchased (after 11 months, but you got it) and we were therefore within our contract. - larry

2) Never paid us because the original ad was incorrect, and therefore was NOT a client (look up what "client" means) -wilma

3) Has no business association with us at all and just likes to complain about things she has no personal interest in (or does she) jennie

This is why I stopped posting before. People who have no real gripe come out of the woodwork because they like to dwell on the negative. That is just really pathetic.

Any current customers that want to contact us can do so at support@wantedweeks.com. And the rest can sit here and complain and stroke egos etc. I'm done. Now I remember why I stopped posting here. Be well. :)

Last edited:

calgarygary

TUG Member
Reaction score
What I find interesting about all the people posting their scathing criticisms is that they fall into one of these categories:

1) Received what they purchased (after 11 months, but you got it) and we were therefore within our contract. - larry

2) Never paid us because the original ad was incorrect, and therefore was NOT a client (look up what "client" means) -wilma

3) Has no business association with us at all and just likes to complain about things she has no personal interest in (or does she) jennie

This is why I stopped posting before. People who have no real gripe come out of the woodwork because they like to dwell on the negative. That is just really pathetic.

Any current customers that want to contact us can do so at support@wantedweeks.com. And the rest can sit here and complain and stroke egos etc. I'm done. Now I remember why I stopped posting here. Be well. :)

I am sure you stopped posting here because you are reminded about the errors you have made which may or may not lead to prosecution.

I will state for the record that I am not a customer of WW but experienced many of the same issues that others here are facing but with another company. For those that have purchased Florida timeshares from WW, I would like to advise you that under Florida statutes, WW is considered a developer and as such by law, must have provided an independent escrow service to handle the closing. I suggest going after this weasel (based upon his most recent posts I think the description is accurate even if it is against tug posting guidelines) through the State of Florida - they have shown little tolerance of late for his kind.

wilma

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
It is so clear why his business failed!!!:p :p :p

Wanted Weeks

Reaction score
I am sure you stopped posting here because you are reminded about the errors you have made which may or may not lead to prosecution.

I will state for the record that I am not a customer of WW but experienced many of the same issues that others here are facing but with another company. For those that have purchased Florida timeshares from WW, I would like to advise you that under Florida statutes, WW is considered a developer and as such by law, must have provided an independent escrow service to handle the closing. I suggest going after this weasel (based upon his most recent posts I think the description is accurate even if it is against tug posting guidelines) through the State of Florida - they have shown little tolerance of late for his kind.

Thank you Gary.

Anyone that is not provided with their service that they paid or refunded is welcome to do what they need to. I think everyone will find that every client we have worked with has either been refunded, recieved their unit, or is in the final process. We are within our contract and we did offer the use of a third party escrow company (as an option). If you were a client you would know that.

You can read the statement again at http://www.wantedweeks.com

That is the last statement you will hear from me because that is really all I have to say. We did the right thing and still are, despite our filing.

Enjoy the rest of your Friday night on TUG. This is a waste of time if no real clients are on here.

Last edited:

Wanted Weeks

Reaction score
Final Post -

Have a nice day.

Thank you,

Wanted Weeks

I am finally done posting on TUG. If you read my earlier posts before all the people came out and attacked me with absolutely no personal knowledge of our business practices you can see the spirit I came here with earlier today. I quoted it above.

That was all I really needed to say, and was attacked for it again... That is sad. Goodbye TUG - hopefully those of you that have been obsessed with the Wanted Weeks saga can find another fixation. Try yoga, it's relaxing.

Last edited:

Goofyhobbie

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Alternative To Buyers Considering E-Bay As A Source

There will be some here on TUG who will see my USERNAME come up again and again regarding the company that I am going to recommend.

There is a reason for that. I am a Satisfied Customer. Just as I would be here telling about my unfortunate dealings if I had any, I am here to share my good experiences with you.

Originally Posted by retired4ever In the future, who are some credible eBay sellers to purchase timeshares from. I would like to buy 3-4 new points contracts but want to buy from a reputable seller.

I researched sellers on E-Bay that were offering what I wanted.

That research included personally contacting them by both E-Mail and over the phone before bidding. When I found one that met my communication tests I committed to make all my purchases from that Seller because I was comfortable with their response, with their transparency and with their reputation.

I have not been disappointed. The first purchase was made 6/6/09 and the last purchase was made 6/10/09.

By 6/30/09 all Deeds that could be recorded had been recorded and by 7/7/09 I had my copy of everything. Yes, they used an affilate Closing Company; but, I checked them out also well before I made the purchase.

There were a few minor errors that had to be worked out and one Deed had to receive a corrected recording; but I was proactive and communicated regularly with the Seller and the Closing Company to get everything done correctly. That is why I was careful to do my due diligence beforehand.

It simply reduces the surprises and improves the opportunity for the parties involved to meet your expectation.

In the Real Estate Business you should expect minor bumps in the road and be prepared for them especially when you are dealing with a company or companies that literally handles hundreds of contracts, deeds, and in this case Auctions.

There are those who say stay away from a company that insists on using a particular Closing company. If you have done your homework and are satisfied that the company doing the Closing is charging a fair price, is TRANSPARENT in their dealings, is acting within the law and is efficient why be concerned about the fact that they have offices in the same building or are affiliated with the E-Bay Seller?

Have you ever done business with a Real Estate Company, Closing Attorney, and or other parties involved in a Real Estate transaction that have one or more parties in the same building or who work in close proxmity to one another? Thank about it. It is an Industry and it makes sense for people with different niches to operate their business in close proxmity to the people that they depend on to get things done.

Why do so many investment bankers, lawyers, stock brokerage companies, and large banks do business at a place called Wall Street?

Between July 17 and and July 21 Wyndham Transfer of Ownership Department confirmed that three deeds and one Assignment of Contract involving the total of 469,000 points had completed the 14 day process of Research by Wyndham's Title Services department, had been so noted in the Wyndham computer and would in fact be transfered to me within 30 days of that notice. I am satisfied that I will have access to my points by August 15 and no later than August 30. If I do not have access by then it want be the fault of the Seller or their closing company.

O. K. Who did I use? The short answer is Vacation Innovations, Inc also known as VIN, or VIN. Inc. (E-Bay Seller Names: 43Namal, Cybernaut34, Cybernaut33, or laman34)

Their are many threads here on TUG that talk about this seller and their Closing Company: Timeshare Closings, Inc. (TCS) For more about either go to the following links:

For: VIN, INC

http://www.tugbbs.com/forums/showthread.php?t=100746

For: TCS

http://www.tugbbs.com/forums/showthread.php?t=100745

Egret1986

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Every timeshare bought and Closing completed by these companies....

O. K. Who did I use? The short answer is Vacation Innovations, Inc also known as VIN, or VIN. Inc. (E-Bay Seller Names: 43Namal, Cybernaut34, Cybernaut33, or laman34)

Their are many threads here on TUG that talk about this seller and their Closing Company: Timeshare Closings, Inc. (TCS) For more about either go to the following links:

For: VIN, INC

http://www.tugbbs.com/forums/showthread.php?t=100746

For: TCS

http://www.tugbbs.com/forums/showthread.php?t=100745

....have left me satisfied with both of these companies and I never would hesitate to buy a timeshare from VIN and have it closed by TCS. I experienced the same turn around times that you have described.

The one time I encountered a problem and it was discovered some 8 months later when I got ready to use my week, I was given a full refund and the timeshare was deeded back out of my name. They even offered a full refund and would have allowed me to keep the timeshare week. It was a summer Hilton Head 3BR cottage. However, I had bid on the auction because it was a particular unit listed and I was only interested in that unit because of its location on the property. However, the described unit number on the deed was different than the actually number of the unit; therefore, it was not what I had actually bid on. VIN offers a guarantee and stands behind it. :clap:

Last edited:

rickandcindy23

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Founder; Disney OKW & SSR; Marriott's Willow Ridge and Shadow Ridge,Grand Chateau; Val Chatelle; Hono Koa OF (3); SBR(LOTS), SDO a few; Grand Palms(selling); WKORV-OF ,Westin Desert Willow.
It's almost 14 months now for our Wyndham Smoky Mountains purchase, and the deed was returned to you by Wyndham again because you made another mistake. I have no idea of the particulars, Wyndham couldn't answer those questions, but it seems there will be at least another few months of waiting.

You disparage others here and accuse others of doing the same.

retired4ever

Reaction score
....have left me satisfied with both of these companies and I never would hesitate to buy a timeshare from VIN and have it closed by TCS. I experienced the same turn around times that you have described.

The one time I encountered a problem and it was discovered some 8 months later when I got ready to use my week, I was given a full refund and the timeshare was deeded back out of my name. They even offered a full refund and would have allowed me to keep the timeshare week. It was a summer Hilton Head 3BR cottage. However, I had bid on the auction because it was a particular unit listed and I was only interested in that unit because of its location on the property. However, the described unit number on the deed was different than the actually number of the unit; therefore, it was not what I had actually bid on. VIN offers a guarantee and stands behind it. :clap:

Fantastic. Thank you very much for your help finding a couple good companies out there. The web is so big and there are so many opportunities to make mistakes, it can be tough to find the diamond in the rough so to speak.

I plan on starting to search for another few units and will post my experience here with those companies.

Thank you again for all your help. :D