• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

[May '08 Thread] wanted weeks.com anybody heard of them?

musical2

TUG Member
Reaction score
OK. I am now officially finished. I worked with the previous owners (notice I said previous owners) and with Monica Koikoinui of Old Republic Title and Escrow of Hawaii and finally got it done. Marriott now recognizes me as the owner of the Ko Olina Beach Club. Even with the extra $400 in closing fees and such I had to pay to get it done, it was worth it since I only had to pay $4750 for the unit there otherwise. I guess I was lucky. At least I got the timeshare week after some work on my own.

TamaraQT

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Vacation Village
Woodstone
The Colonies
GREAT MUSICAL!!!! :rofl:

I'M SO HAPPY FOR YOU!!! :cheer:

Anyone else out there still waiting???? :shrug:

beanie

TUG Member
Reaction score
I am also done .

Antonella took it as far as having the deed transfered into my name in clark county then no response . I was able to obtain a copy and fax it to consolidated resorts and they now recognize me as the owner . then was hit with a surprise , I owed consolidated $445 for transfer and deed recording. I worked it out with the previous owner where I didn't have to reinburse him for MF paid. we are finally owners of an eoy 2 bdrm lock-off at tahiti in las vegas . :hi:

edited to add it only took 14 months :hysterical:

kwatkins70

Reaction score
Not sure if anyone can get a hold of Antonella anymore, but I never got anything completed and I think I am just out the money. :bawl:

avelox

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Is This...The End of the Thread?

Wow!
So much to read and so very much to learn about the re-sale of time shares and e-bay sellers!
This thread is a must read for anybody considering a purchase on e-bay, IMO!
I have learned a great deal about the business by reading through this entire thread but I have many unanswered questions.

One question is this: How can you know if a resort, any resort, will acknowledge that ownership has been transferred even if you have received the word that the deed has been "recorded"? Isn't it best practice to first determine what the resort will require to transfer ownership before you go about the process? (I guess that is a part deux to the first question, sorry!)

BTW, kudos to the many contributors to this "101" about Buying Resale on E-Bay!
:clap:

Not sure if anyone can get a hold of Antonella anymore, but I never got anything completed and I think I am just out the money. :bawl:

rickandcindy23

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Founder; Disney OKW & SSR; Marriott's Willow Ridge and Shadow Ridge,Grand Chateau; Val Chatelle; Hono Koa OF (3); SBR(LOTS), SDO a few; Grand Palms(selling); WKORV-OF ,Westin Desert Willow.
avelox, it's been a long road for all of us who dealt with this company. I sincerely believe there was no malice on the part of the seller. His entire operation was highly disorganized, and that is what I know about it.

I still think it's best to contact the resort you were going to purchase, kwatkins, and see if you can get this done between you and the owner. You may find it easier than you think, if the resort is trying to collect fees. Privacy is sometimes an issue, but maybe you can ask the resort or management company to make a 3-way call? The owners paid Timeshare Rescue $3,599 to get rid of that week, so I would say they have been paying fees all along and just want to be done with it. You might want to do a Quitclaim deed yourself. Very easy to do.

Good luck to you.