• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Merging multiple contracts

efalkowski

Reaction score
I'm loving the HGVC system after owning for the past 3 years and I want more points! I intentionally bought 3 HGVC contracts that give me a total average of 8,400 points per year (two 3,400 EOY and one 5,000 every year). I purchased these resale for very little $ upfront, but of course my maintenance fees are high at $1,750 average total per year. We have had some fabulous vacations that would cost me much more than these fees so I'm fine with it. Ideally I would love to have closer to 14,000 points per year but I would certainly be foolish to buy a 4th contract. Has anyone sold and/or merged contracts for something bigger without investing a ton? Would I need to work with HGVC directly or is there a resale salesperson that could help? Any experiences or examples would be appreciated. I don't care about location, just want the points. Thanks!

GT75

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Legacy HGVC
FAVC-Cabo
I have seen positive comments from the following:

Seth Nock at www.sellingtimeshares.net
Judi Kozlowski at www.judikoz.com
Both are highly regarded brokers who's firms specialize in HGVC. I have personally used Judi Kozlowski. I like having the "peace of mind" using a known solution. I don't know anything about SMTN but others have made comments concerning this seller (http://tugbbs.com/forums/index.php?threads/smtn-sellmytimesharenow-com.244142/). You can search them on the BB for additional comments.

presley

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Would I need to work with HGVC directly or is there a resale salesperson that could help?
If you buy through Hilton, they will let you trade in all your weeks towards a developer purchase. You'll be buying a currently priced developer week and trading in what you already have and then only having the one contract with one MF.

You can also see about reselling all your current weeks and buying one resale contract. That can be done through Judi Kozlowski. The downside to that option is it could take a long time to sell your current contracts. The 3400 EOY contracts will be difficult to sell unless you fire sale them for close to nothing. You can look at her site and get an idea of what buying a 14K contract will cost and what people are listing their resales for. As you'll see, the prices will vary greatly and of course, buyers will buy the lowest priced contract when given a choice.

Price out doing it both ways - developer and resale.

Talent312

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC & GTS

jeepinjoel

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Kings' Land, a Hilton Grand Vacation Club
The Bay Club at Waikoloa
you could book a vacation for the sole purpose of doing an owner update.... where they will try to get you to buy from them... and keep this in mind: they CAN negotiate. You don't have to take their first, second, or third offer. They would get back 3 contracts from you, that they can then resell.

Nomad420

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC New York Mid Town
If you buy through Hilton, they will let you trade in all your weeks towards a developer purchase. You'll be buying a currently priced developer week and trading in what you already have and then only having the one contract with one MF.

You can also see about reselling all your current weeks and buying one resale contract. That can be done through Judi Kozlowski. The downside to that option is it could take a long time to sell your current contracts. The 3400 EOY contracts will be difficult to sell unless you fire sale them for close to nothing. You can look at her site and get an idea of what buying a 14K contract will cost and what people are listing their resales for. As you'll see, the prices will vary greatly and of course, buyers will buy the lowest priced contract when given a choice.

Price out doing it both ways - developer and resale.

Just curious why are EOY contracts considered hard to sell. Personally I if I could get one for a "fire sale" I would consider it. I as well am considering buying additional contracts simply for points and a cheap EOY contract may be attractive to me given what I would assume be lower MF's.

presley

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Just curious why are EOY contracts considered hard to sell. Personally I if I could get one for a "fire sale" I would consider it. I as well am considering buying additional contracts simply for points and a cheap EOY contract may be attractive to me given what I would assume be lower MF's.
The banking/borrowing of points doesn't work as well with EOY. If you have a 5,000 annual contract, you can book a 15,000 point stay with banking/borrowing. If you have an EOY, you could only book a 10,000 point stay. Also, you pay the club dues every year, whether you own EOY or annual.

People often buy EOY to get into the system. I did that. As I added more contracts, I became a much bigger fan of annual contracts. Now that I've decided I want to timeshare a lot less and spend more time cruising, camping and staying in nice full service hotels, I am actually down to 2 EOY Hiltons. They are opposite years, so I can still bank/borrow easier than someone with just one EOY, but I do still think a beefy annual contract is overall better for people who just want HGVC points. I have an affiliate that gives me a lot of affiliate benefits that are worth more to me than having Hilton points, though. If I didn't have a local affiliate with day use and bonus time available to me, I'd drop my 2 EOY and get a beefier annual contract (provided that I wanted HGVC points).

I have sold through the broker I listed above and my contracts took 6 - 12 months to sell with them being listed lower than other contracts for sale at the time.

Your other big issue with buying several EOY is of course, the extremely high closing/transfer fees for Hilton. The buy in of several cheap contracts could easily add up to more than one large contract after a few years when figuring all the closing fees and the multiple MFs. It really depends on how long you plan to own and use, though.

jeepinjoel

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
The Bay Club at Waikoloa
Also, you pay the club dues every year, whether you own EOY or annual.
We have EEY at King's Land, we only pay fees the years we have points.

jeepinjoel

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
The Bay Club at Waikoloa
You don't have to pay club dues on the off years? That's new to me.
No... we don't.
Just read on another thread, some clubs do, some don't. Go figure...

SmithOp

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC King's Land 2BR Premier 23.040K Points.
No... we don't.
Just read on another thread, some clubs do, some don't. Go figure...

We are talking the $159 annual club dues, not the maintenance fee for the unit. I used to own one Lagoon Even Years and one Kingsland Odd years. The club dues were billed every year from the Lagoon contract because it was the first one in my account.

From the 2017 Club Rules document.

FEESEach Member must pay annual Club Dues. Additionally, certain reservations and transactions require a fee per reservation/ transaction. Annual Club Dues are $159 for Members residing in the US or Canada and $199 for Members residing outside the US or Canada. Owners at West 57th Street by Hilton Club, The Residences by Hilton Club and The District by Hilton Club may be offered an inclusive payment option that includes annual Club Dues ($273 for Members residing in the US or Canada and $304 for Members residing outside the US or Canada), plus unlimited Home Resort, by Hilton Priority Exchanges and Club reservation fees priced at $79 or less.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

jeepinjoel

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
The Bay Club at Waikoloa
well, not sure now! LOL I just looked in my HGVC account, and I see an invoice, but it shows having a credit, then the charge, and a zero balance. Yes, maybe I did pay that earlier and forgot about it...

Last edited:

SmithOp

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC King's Land 2BR Premier 23.040K Points.
well, no sure now! LOL I just looked in my HGVC account, and I see an invoice, but it shows having a credit, then the charge, and a zero balance. Yes, maybe I did pay that earlier and forgot about it...

When you purchase they make it part of the closing costs, if its the fourth quarter of the year it gets credited toward the next year.

The same thing happened to me in Dec 2015, and it was already paid on the Lagoon contract so they carried it for a whole year on my new Kingsland contract as a credit, finally reduced my 2017 maint fee. It was the 2016 $155 fee, goes up every year.

963c66c138ba77894927764097d8da9f.png

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

jeepinjoel

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
The Bay Club at Waikoloa
I have seen positive comments from the following:

Seth Nock at www.sellingtimeshares.net
Judi Kozlowski at www.judikoz.com
Both are highly regarded brokers who's firms specialize in HGVC. I have personally used Judi Kozlowski. I like having the "peace of mind" using a known solution. I don't know anything about SMTN but others have made comments concerning this seller (http://tugbbs.com/forums/index.php?threads/smtn-sellmytimesharenow-com.244142/). You can search them on the BB for additional comments.

When trading multiple contracts for a bigger one, do you know if they can also take back an affiliate contract?
(I'll contact one of the folks listed above as well.)

Cyberc

TUG Member
Reaction score
When trading multiple contracts for a bigger one, do you know if they can also take back an affiliate contract?
(I'll contact one of the folks listed above as well.)

I went to an owners update in December 2016 and they couldn't take back my contract for Vilamoura Portugal, didn't ask why because I wasn't upgrading. I either assumed it was because that it was an affiliate or because its a RTU resort. Or maybe both.