• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Mickey

AnnieBets

TUG Member
Reaction score
I was talking to a cast member on the phone today when he stopped and said "Hey Buddy". Sounded like a friend had walked in and then there were some murmurs in the background. Mickey Mouse had walked up and tapped him on the shoulder. One more reason to love Disney!

Talent312

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC & GTS
I might have been more impressed if it was Cinderella.
You do know that Disney isn't real, right?

Weimaraner

TUG Member
Reaction score
Have you met Talking Mickey in person? I'm pretty certain he's real after that encounter. He even spoke Portuguese to the family in front of us. You should have seen the smiles on their faces. And my 8yo found herself speechless for the first time in her life.

mdurette

Sighting Expert & TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
I remember our first visit with talking Mickey - non of us knew that was going to happen and it took a minute to realize he was talking to us. DD 9 at the time was freaked out about it and has never wanted to go back.

VegasBella

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Carlsbad Inn
Avenue Plaza
Riviera Beach & Spa
Aquamarine Villas
Was this post meant for a different forum? DisBoards, maybe?

PigsDad

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC Elite: SeaWorld, Surf Club, Charter Club, Valdoro
Was this post meant for a different forum? DisBoards, maybe?
Last I checked this is the "TUG Lounge", where any topic can be discussed (within the rules of the board). Since we don't have a specific Disney board here, seems appropriate to me. Do you feel otherwise?

Kurt

presley

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
I've never seen a talking Mickey. Do they have them in the parks?

VegasBella

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Carlsbad Inn
Avenue Plaza
Riviera Beach & Spa
Aquamarine Villas
Last I checked this is the "TUG Lounge", where any topic can be discussed (within the rules of the board). Since we don't have a specific Disney board here, seems appropriate to me. Do you feel otherwise?
I don't object to the post, just the way it was worded didn't seem to fit TUG, that's all. Sure, let's talk about Mickey Mouse! I don't care.

VegasBella

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Carlsbad Inn
Avenue Plaza
Riviera Beach & Spa
Aquamarine Villas
I've never seen a talking Mickey. Do they have them in the parks?
Yes. I have an absolutely adorable video of a meet and greet with Mickey and my son from last Christmas at WDW. He was six and acting like he didn't care about meet and greets but this one he really lit up and gave Mickey a great big hug.

Here is a video I found on YouTube of a special meet and greet. You can see Mickey talking. I don't know these people, just found the video on youtube and thought it was cute:

I don't object to the post, just the way it was worded didn't seem to fit TUG, that's all. Sure, let's talk about Mickey Mouse! I don't care.

Talent312

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC & GTS
I see VegasBella's point. The post is missing an introduction. It starts out, "I was talking to a cast member..." I remember thinking, "Cast member of what, Big Bang Theory?" Had it been posted in a DisBoard, the context would've been obvious.

Editorial issues aside, I think its cute that someone could get so worked up over over a phone conversation. But I'm also curious about purpose of the call.

AnnieBets

TUG Member
Reaction score
I was calling to add free dining to a Disney World stay. I'm going to go tour some of the Disney Vacation Club resorts. I know I could rent points to stay at one of those resorts but I've got a good rate plus the free dining at one of the hotels. Sorry for any confusion on the original post.

pedro47

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
The Mouse is real. We loved all the Disney characters at their theme parks and on their cruises ships.

The OP is a guest on this web site and I feel they are just happy going to a Disney theme resort having dinner with Disney theme characters.