• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

MVCI II Deposit - 13 months?

ljmiii

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
I've read the Interval International - FAQ Sticky as well as the 'Will I be able to get my week?' thread...which morphed into a 'What can I do with my 13-month reservation?' thread. But I'm left with a question...

Are MVCI resorts among those which participate in the Early Deposit program? And if so is there any particular 'trading power' advantage to depositing at 13 vs 12 months? TIA

SueDonJ

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Barony Beach and SurfWatch
I've read the Interval International - FAQ Sticky as well as the 'Will I be able to get my week?' thread...which morphed into a 'What can I do with my 13-month reservation?' thread. But I'm left with a question...

Are MVCI resorts among those which participate in the Early Deposit program? And if so is there any particular 'trading power' advantage to depositing at 13 vs 12 months? TIA

If the "Early Deposit program" is an official thing from II, I don't remember ever hearing that term? Marriott Owners can deposit their Weeks as soon as their Reservation Windows open, which means 13-mos out for owners of multiple Weeks that are booked using the 13-mos consecutive/concurrent advantage. Some fixed week/fixed unit intervals (which are few and far between, mostly at the older Marriott resorts) may be deposited to II even further out than 13-mos because those are auto-booked 18/24-mos in advance. The advantage is that the further out you make a request in II, the better your chances of matching.

Last edited:

ljmiii

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
The "Early Deposit program" is mentioned in the II FAQ...

When can I deposit my week? When does Interval list the home weeks I own under my “Resort Units”?
• All resort units are listed at least one year prior to your check-in date.
• You can deposit your week as early as one year in advance of the check-in date of your home unit.
• In some instances — if your resort participates in the Early Deposit program — weeks may be deposited from 18 months to two years in advance.

That said...I'm a complete newbie to II. But from your response - that both fixed and '13 month' MVCI reservations have been deposited more than 12 months in advance - it seems clear that MVCI is part of the "Early Deposit program". Thanks muchly.

davidvel

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Shadow Ridge (Villages)
Carlsbad Inn
I can't see any reason why II would restrict how early before check-in a confirmed reservation can be deposited.

dioxide45

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Sheraton Vistana Villages
Club Wyndham CWA
I think the "Early Deposit program" is just a marketing term. Just something to try to get you to deposit early, nothing more. As long as you have a Marriott confirmation number, you can deposit the week or place an OGS.

SueDonJ

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Barony Beach and SurfWatch
I think the "Early Deposit program" is just a marketing term. Just something to try to get you to deposit early, nothing more. As long as you have a Marriott confirmation number, you can deposit the week or place an OGS.

I've never done it but what's the process if you select "II Exchange - Marriott Deposit" as usage for your Week on owners.marriottvacationclub.com? Is a check-in date/confirmation number assigned to the Week in your account, and, can the selection be made prior to the 12- or 13-mos windows?

As you can tell I don't know anywhere near enough to be talking about this, but I'm still wondering if it's possible to get a jump on II requests even further out than the typical 12/13-mos reservation windows for floating Weeks.

dioxide45

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Sheraton Vistana Villages
Club Wyndham CWA
I've never done it but what's the process if you select "II Exchange - Marriott Deposit" as usage for your Week on owners.marriottvacationclub.com? Is a check-in date/confirmation number assigned to the Week in your account, and, can the selection be made prior to the 12- or 13-mos windows?

As you can tell I don't know anywhere near enough to be talking about this, but I'm still wondering if it's possible to get a jump on II requests even further out than the typical 12/13-mos reservation windows for floating Weeks.
I really don't know how this works since we never do II Exchange - Marriott Deposit. I suspect they just pick a week for you and deposit it or if they already have a deposit in II, they just transfer the exchange to you with II. I think you have to at least be in the 12 month booking window to do Marriott Deposit, but I really don't know and haven't tried and don't plan to try...