• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Mystic Dunes Remodeled?

Jodi0415

TUG Member
Reaction score
Anyone know if all the rooms at Mystic Dunes have been remodeled? We're staying in a basic 2 bedroom in March on Sampler points. Many of pictures show very dated decor. But I just saw some photos and a You Tube video of updates rooms.

It would be a very pleasant surprise if the rooms have been remodeled. Anyone know?

Thanks in advance!

Michael1991

Reaction score
There are only two building that have been remodeled. Nevertheless, because you are on the Sampler they want to impress you with their product. So you should get one of the remodeled room.

RuralEngineer

TUG Member
Reaction score
FL

heading to FL this weekend. will stay @ grand villas. I will try to stop by. Grand Villas always calls me ahead of time. great service!

MichaelColey

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
We stayed there several years ago and it was one of the worst timeshare experiences we've ever had. The floors were filthy. The unit was very "spartan". Problems at check-in. Problems at check-out.

Last edited:

#1 Cowboys Fan

TUG Member
Reaction score
Anyone know if all the rooms at Mystic Dunes have been remodeled? We're staying in a basic 2 bedroom in March on Sampler points. Many of pictures show very dated decor. But I just saw some photos and a You Tube video of updates rooms.

It would be a very pleasant surprise if the rooms have been remodeled. Anyone know?

Thanks in advance!

We stayed there last February. We didn't have a remodeled unit either of our two weeks. (#22, then #32).

I was told then that #18, #19, #20, #21 and #23 were the remodeled buildings.

We had to move from #22, as some of the furniture (only) was getting an upgrade.

I posted a review on TUG---hope it helps.

Pat

pedro47

TUG Member
Reaction score
How many buildings have been completely remodel after DRI take over?

How many buildings are at this resort?

pedro47

TUG Member
Reaction score
We stayed there last February. We didn't have a remodeled unit either of our two weeks. (#22, then #32).

I was told then that #18, #19, #20, #21 and #23 were the remodeled buildings.

We had to move from #22, as some of the furniture (only) was getting an upgrade.

I posted a review on TUG---hope it helps.

Pat

Were Building's 18, 19. 20, 21 and 23 completely remodel during the year 2015 ?

#1 Cowboys Fan

TUG Member
Reaction score
Were Building's 18, 19. 20, 21 and 23 completely remodel during the year 2015 ?

We went in February----and I was told those buildings.

So, the remodel may have happened in late 2014 or early 2015?

I never actually saw a remodeled one.............

Pat

pochiu

TUG Member
Reaction score
We just returned from Mystic Dunes. Actually remodeled vs refurbished rooms.
Originally the put us in a remodeled room bldg 18 but there was the smell of cigar smoke so we moved to bldg 21 - refurbished but had a better view.

pedro47

TUG Member
Reaction score
We just returned from Mystic Dunes. Actually remodeled vs refurbished rooms.
Originally the put us in a remodeled room bldg 18 but there was the smell of cigar smoke so we moved to bldg 21 - refurbished but had a better view.

Have DRI completely remodeled or refurbished any resort completely? Can someone list all these resorts?

winger

TUG Member
Reaction score
We are looking at visiting Orlando in the summer. Any updated thoughts of the resort? Will the teenagers like this place (activities, atmosphere, etc.)? Will DW like the upgraded units? Will I like the opportunity for some R&R ?

#1 Cowboys Fan

TUG Member
Reaction score
We are looking at visiting Orlando in the summer. Any updated thoughts of the resort? Will the teenagers like this place (activities, atmosphere, etc.)? Will DW like the upgraded units? Will I like the opportunity for some R&R ?

We golfed at Mystic Dunes in February---the golf course was in TERRIBLE, TERRIBLE shape.

That makes me wonder about the resort. There was a lot of construction going on. There also was a terrible smell in some areas.

I'm not in any hurry to stay there again..............

nope_900

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Diamond Resorts U.S. collection
We are looking at visiting Orlando in the summer. Any updated thoughts of the resort? Will the teenagers like this place (activities, atmosphere, etc.)? Will DW like the upgraded units? Will I like the opportunity for some R&R

Brand new member to TUG. Checked out of Mystic Dunes last Saturday April 15th. We also went on sampler points. Yes, it was very dirty. You should wear shoes at all times. We also had to deal with a few roaches. It is spacious an relatively quiet. Pools and outdoor areas are very nice (in comparison to the rooms). We stayed in building 14 room 104. I would suggest avoiding this particular building/room.

winger

TUG Member
Reaction score
@nope Did you stay in a renovated building?

nope_900

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Diamond Resorts U.S. collection
Winger, I don't believe so. It did not feel in any way remodeled. The furniture was very old. The other buildings have a very different look. Too bad because the grounds are nice and very quiet. A bit of a drive to Disney (20ish minutes from door to parking) but I actually liked the distance from the chaos.

pedro47

TUG Member
Reaction score
Winger, I don't believe so. It did not feel in any way remodeled. The furniture was very old. The other buildings have a very different look. Too bad because the grounds are nice and very quiet. A bit of a drive to Disney (20ish minutes from door to parking) but I actually liked the distance from the chaos.

DRI is very good at maintaining their grounds; now if they could update all their rooms at all their resorts.

Last edited: