• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Na Pali Kauai Club Sale

Kauai Kid

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Unit 14D has been sold and closing originally was Jan 31, then changed to Feb 3, and now is Feb 21. The owner of each week should receive $1210.51 eventually. Four more units to sell

per email from Jim Windham Feb 6, 2017

Sterling

Sandy

TUG Member
Reaction score
I saw the email today. This is indeed good news. For as long as I have been a Tugger I can't recall other timeshares which have been converted to whole ownership and, as a result, have paid a percentage to the timeshare owners. I am sure that there are others, but I am happy that this is looking so promising for us.

Of course, I don't want to count my eggs before they hatch, but we could have really good news shortly. And if the other units go as planned, it will be a significant recoup of our initial payment for the timeshare many years ago.

Unit 14D has been sold and closing originally was Jan 31, then changed to Feb 3, and now is Feb 21. The owner of each week should receive $1210.51 eventually. Four more units to sell

per email from Jim Windham Feb 6, 2017

Sterling

BocaBoy

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Grand Chateau
I saw the email today. This is indeed good news. For as long as I have been a Tugger I can't recall other timeshares which have been converted to whole ownership and, as a result, have paid a percentage to the timeshare owners. I am sure that there are others, but I am happy that this is looking so promising for us.

Of course, I don't want to count my eggs before they hatch, but we could have really good news shortly. And if the other units go as planned, it will be a significant recoup of our initial payment for the timeshare many years ago.
$65,000 or so doesn't seem like much for the sale of a whole ownership condo on Kauai. What am I missing?

Sandy

TUG Member
Reaction score
The sale of this unit is about $308,000. We have five units that have a total of 255 weeks divided equally among the five units. For every week each of us owns we will receive 1/255 of the net sales proceeds from the sale of this first unit. That amount is now estimated to be $1,210.51 for each of your weeks.

BocaBoy

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Grand Chateau
The sale of this unit is about $308,000. We have five units that have a total of 255 weeks divided equally among the five units. For every week each of us owns we will receive 1/255 of the net sales proceeds from the sale of this first unit. That amount is now estimated to be $1,210.51 for each of your weeks.
Thank you. I was missing the fact that there are 5 units to sell the and owners in all five share in the proceeds of the sale of each one. Makes sense and those numbers look more realistic.

Sandy

TUG Member
Reaction score
Thank you. I was missing the fact that there are 5 units to sell the and owners in all five share in the proceeds of the sale of each one. Makes sense and those numbers look more realistic.

Thankfully, the first check arrived from the first sale. I hope that the other units sell as well and I will be very happy. I think I paid about $6500 originally for the one week that I own, so if each of the 4 units sells for about the same price, I will be a bit shy of even. What a good outcome! Of course, we must wait until the dust settles on all sales.

I think I asked this question before, but what happens to the owners who they are not able to locate? Do the proceeds from the sale revert to the rest of us? Anyone know? (on this new TUG site I cannot figure out how to "search" yet.