• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

National Parks Senior Pass price increase Aug 28, 2017

Makai Guy

Administrator
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Spicebush (Hilton Head Island)
If you've thought about getting the $10 lifetime Senior Pass (age 62 and over) to the US National Parks but just never got around to it, now is the time. The price goes up to $80 on August 28.

US Geological Service Senior Pass Page:
https://store.usgs.gov/senior-pass

pedro47

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
If you've thought about getting the $10 lifetime Senior Pass (age 62 and over) to the US National Parks but just never got around to it, now is the time. The price goes up to $80 on August 28.

US Geological Service Senior Pass Page:
https://store.usgs.gov/senior-pass
Thanks for the update. We pick-up our Senior Pass as Jamestown National Park, Williamsburg,VA.

Makai Guy

Administrator
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Spicebush (Hilton Head Island)
Have heard from several people that the service they are using for handling this adds a $10 service fee. Also note that this pass admits everyone in the car so you don't need separate passes for everyone in the family.

Passepartout

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Have heard from several people that the service they are using for handling this adds a $10 service fee. Also note that this pass admits everyone in the car so you don't need separate passes for everyone in the family.
All the better if you're forgetful or just having a 'senior moment'. I've migrated from a full-size back pocket wallet full of cards to a front pocket billfold with just a few and some currency and ID. When we went to Yellowstone last month, wouldn't you know, I had left my Senior Pass at home. Good thing, DW had hers, as iirc it's now about $50 admission to the Nat'l Parks for a week now.

Jim

sts1732

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Sunset Harbor Key, west
Pinion pointe Sedona, az.
I got mine yrs. ago, used it many times all over the lower 48, and saved a bunch. 80.00 would still be cheap if you do national parks.

Jan M.

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Presidential Reserve at Panama City Beach
Club Wyndham Access
Grandview Las Vegas and Discovery Beach Resort - Both in RCI Points
Woodstone and Summit at Massanutten - Both in RCI weeks used as Wyndham PICs
Thanks for not just the heads up but telling everyone about the senior passes too. My husband is retiring soon and we definitely want to buy our passes!

I was online but decided to call to get some information as the Everglades National Park isn't far from us. It said on the website that if you purchase online it could take three months to get your pass. When I called the park they said that if you print out and bring your receipt with you the parks are accepting that for admission as they know it is taking that long to get the passes. Also if you buy your pass at the parks there is no $10 convenience fee. My Jim took our Jim here on TUG's story as good advice and said if we are going to spend $20 on one we will just drive down to the park tomorrow or Sunday and both get a pass for $20. My Jim has more than once not brought his wallet because he didn't think he would need it!

We are each getting a pass because if we only buy one and something happens to the person who has the pass the other one would be paying considerably more to buy one. To our way of thinking spending an extra $10 now to potentially save $80 or probably more down the road is money well spent. Plus if we are travelling with a group of people in more than one vehicle we can each ride in a car. The pass is good for either everyone in the non-commercial vehicle or up to 3 other adults depending on how the park does their admissions.

silentg

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Fitzpatrick's Castle Holiday Homes,
Enchanted Isle.
We bought one last year

rapmarks

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
We have ours already. A former neighbor posted this on Facebook. She then insisted the old ones won't work anymore, and the cost is eighty a year. She proceeded to tell me on Facebook I didn't know how to read. I left her statement unanswered

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

geist1223

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Worldmark 97,000 Credits
DRI Cabo Azul 50,500
Royal Solaris San Jose del Cabo
Look for any National Park, BLM Office, US Forest Service Office, etc. When Patti turned 62 (I had turned 62 a month before) we went to the BLM Office in Salem Oregon. We each bought one. We keep one in the Glove Box of each car.

WinniWoman

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Innseason Pollard Brook

If you order by mail it is $10 more but not if you get one at a National Historic site or a other designated site.

My husband and my brother-in-law got theirs' at the White Mountain Visitor Center in Lincoln, NH. I, unfortunately, am a year too young.

Sugarcubesea

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
QH, HBC, VBHC, & Pinestead Reef
Dang, one of the few times I've wanted to be older. I'm 7 years too young

Luanne

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Maui Lea at Maui Hill
San Diego Country Estates
I am 10 days too young. Anyone know if there is a way to get around that problem?
Probably not. I think you have to show some kind of proof of age (like a driver's license) when you get the card.

I just went to the website and if you apply online you need to provide your birthdate and social security number. You also have to verify that you are 62 years of age. So unless you want to lie about all of that it looks like you are out of luck.