• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Need help with European River Cruise

VacationForever

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Rich, Dave is our friend, too. We met up with him in Warnemunde a couple years ago. When we cancelled last fall due to illness, Dave stuck with us and acted as go-between with AMA, making sure we were refunded. What a coincidence!

Jim
Sounds like we call could make Dave our friend. ;) I heard great things about AMAWaterways from my travel agent too.

sun starved Gayle

TUG Member
Reaction score
Thanks Pat. I continued my dithering about booking airfare, and it went up $460.00 per person in two days ! I know better too. When will I learn ?

silentg

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Fitzpatrick's Castle Holiday Homes,
Enchanted Isle.
After a tremendous amount of dithering and handwringing, I have managed to book a European river cruise. 8 days on Uniworld out of Bordeaux this October before my daughter's wedding blessing in Bern hosted by the groom's family. We will rent a car and drive from Bordeaux to Bern stopping for a few nights along the way. Very excited! Uniworld looks pretty deluxe. The all inclusive part of the cruise that includes all tips, all alcohol, and all shore excursions really appeals to me. And the excursions with bikes will appeal to my husband.

Thanks to my fellow Tuggers for all the excellent info and links !
Have a good time! We are going next year with Kathy Q
Silentg

Passepartout

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resurrecting this 6 month-old thread. We are starting to get the river cruise bug again. DW asked if I'd be up for a 14 nighter on the Danube for almost $10K each. I said it was too rich for my blood, so I went looking. I found this one with Dave (DNA tours) https://wy124.infusionsoft.com/app/form/2018-rivers--castles-with-dave July 19, 2018 A wine tour of the 'Romantic Rhine' with a 4 night pre- with Dave in Munich (or 3 night pre- with AMA in Prague) and either a 3 night post with Dave in Frankfurt or with AMA in Paris. Naturally, we're sticking with Dave. It'll still beat up 2 weeks and with airfare probably blow a big hole in $10K pp as well. Oh well, I was stationed in Ulm, Germany, not too far from Munich 50 years go, and I'd like to go there and spend a day or so poking around and see what I remember of it. The cheap- waterline cabins are sold out, but there may be some openings for balcony cabins. July is awfully nice in that part of the world.

Jim

richontug

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resurrecting this 6 month-old thread. We are starting to get the river cruise bug again. DW asked if I'd be up for a 14 nighter on the Danube for almost $10K each. I said it was too rich for my blood, so I went looking. I found this one with Dave (DNA tours) https://wy124.infusionsoft.com/app/form/2018-rivers--castles-with-dave July 19, 2018 A wine tour of the 'Romantic Rhine' with a 4 night pre- with Dave in Munich (or 3 night pre- with AMA in Prague) and either a 3 night post with Dave in Frankfurt or with AMA in Paris. Naturally, we're sticking with Dave. It'll still beat up 2 weeks and with airfare probably blow a big hole in $10K pp as well. Oh well, I was stationed in Ulm, Germany, not too far from Munich 50 years go, and I'd like to go there and spend a day or so poking around and see what I remember of it. The cheap- waterline cabins are sold out, but there may be some openings for balcony cabins. July is awfully nice in that part of the world.

Jim
You cannot go wrong with Dave and Ama. Post cruise with Dave in Frankfurt is best choice,
We have completed 6 trips with Dave and our friends group of 14+.. Now planning for Rhine in 2019! Bordeaux cruise was great in June.

sun starved Gayle

TUG Member
Reaction score
We just got home from our European vacation that included a Uniworld River cruise out of Bordeaux - " Chateaux and Vineyards". I really cannot say enough positive things about this cruise line. They bent over backwards in every way possible to make this a wonderful experience. I have never felt so pampered in my life. I cannot wait to do another one. I booked through Costco, which was significantly cheaper than anywhere else I had seen.

Passepartout

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Uniworld is said to be truly top shelf. But it doesn't come with Dave.

richontug

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Uniworld is said to be truly top shelf. But it doesn't come with Dave.
That is so true.
We cannot wait for Dave's wedding cruise in 2019! On top of everything else, there will be 24/7 Drinks package included!