• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

need to rent hgvc points

MattnTricia

TUG Member
Reaction score
Anyone have suggestions on where to rent hgvc points?

i have used redweek, myresortnetwork and tug

I have found my week and need 4900 points

Bill4728

Reaction score
Put an ad on the last minute rental board here on TUG.

Something like "Wanted, Need to rent your HGVC points"

Blues

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
How does that work? I'm an owner in HGVC, and I wasn't aware that you could buy/sell/trade points. Will HGVC transfer the points to another account for you? Or do you mean getting another owner to reserve a week and rent it to you?

MattnTricia

TUG Member
Reaction score
There is a very kind tugger out there who is helping me out.

Thanks to all who replied.

For carification sake, you can not transfer points with in HGVC.

We are now looking foward to our long vacation in Orlando the week after Thanksgiving

Inhislove

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Catalina Beach Club
Similar situation! We've had a week exchange into HGVC Sea World booked for over a year. Can anyone tell me if it would be possible to rent points for a studio to add 2 people to our party for 5/28/17-5/30/17? (Surprising my husband for his 40th)

PigsDad

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC Elite: SeaWorld, Surf Club, Charter Club, Valdoro
Similar situation! We've had a week exchange into HGVC Sea World booked for over a year. Can anyone tell me if it would be possible to rent points for a studio to add 2 people to our party for 5/28/17-5/30/17? (Surprising my husband for his 40th)
You can usually make a reservation at SeaWorld through Hilton.com (the hotel reservation site) for cash rates. Have you tried that first?

You can't "rent points" from a HGVC owner, but someone could make a reservation with their points and rent that to you (although technically that is against Club rules, as HGVC members can only officially rent out their home week, not a Club reservation).

Kurt

Inhislove

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Catalina Beach Club
Thanks for that information!

Last edited:

elleny76

Reaction score
If I need to book for my family a room in Orlando_Hilton Tuscany resort what will be the fees? the $55 online and do I need a guest certificate to put their names? Am I missing any other fees?

presley

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
If I need to book for my family a room in Orlando_Hilton Tuscany resort what will be the fees? the $55 online and do I need a guest certificate to put their names? Am I missing any other fees?
Yes, you will pay a reservation and a guest certificate fee. I do not know the prevailing rates. Those are the only fees for using your points to book a stay for someone else.

Wgk101

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Las Vegas blvd
Charter Club Marco Island
Flamingo
If your husband or you are a hgvc owner and are going to be there when you need the additional room, then you can book the room in your name with points and only pay the reservation fee. Or if you use open season you will need to be there to check in

GT75

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Legacy HGVC
FAVC-Cabo
do I need a guest certificate to put their names?

If you will be there anyway, there will not be a need for guest certificate if you check in as the owner. I actually had the do the same thing at Sunrise Lodge last month. I ended up booking open season for two additional guests in a Studio unit. A guest certificate can not be obtained for open season, so I just checked them in.

Sandy VDH

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wynd VIP Plat GF, HGVC Elite, WM, HICV, +
This thread was from 2006.

Sandy VDH

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wynd VIP Plat GF, HGVC Elite, WM, HICV, +
If someone in your party is an HGVC member, then open season, or hilton.com are likely your best bets.

There is availability, but with using points there is a 3 night minimum. Open season has only a 2 night minimum.