• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

New Marriott Getaway Policy limiting number of rooms booked through II

Michelle731

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Lawrence Welk
Last year I booked 5 getaways at Marriott Canyon Villas in Scottsdale for myself and extended family. We had a fantastic time, and decided to repeat at Marriott Desert Springs Villas II, and I booked online, paid for, and received confirmations for 5 rooms. I just got a call from II saying Marriott has a policy that only allows 3 rooms to be booked at a specific resort at any one time. I asked how long this policy was in effect, she didn't know, but said at least a year. She seemed surprised when I told her I did it last summer and she said she "didn't know how that happened". I should have gotten a popup when booking notifying me, but I didn't get any such popup. She told me that 2 of the reservations could be denied when we arrive due to "Marriott's policy". I responded saying I would call the resort directly and Check with them. She told me that they may not be aware of the policy at the resort, but didn't want me to take the chance of being turned away upon arrival. I took her name and number and told her I'd get back to her after talking to my family. I did call the resort and talked to the reservation manager who assured me that she also had never heard of this policy, and would not turn away confirmed reservations. Obviously if a resort has not hear of this policy how can they deny a confirmed paid reservation? Has anyone encountered such a thing or heard of this policy?

mdurette

Sighting Expert & TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
I ran into the same problem back in 2014 when booking multiple rooms as at Harbor Lake in Orlando. The "fine print" does show up during the confirmation process. After you pick the week and hit continue, look under Important Advisements. "IMPORTANT ADVISEMENTS Purchase of Getaways to this property limited to not more than three Getaway confirmations per concurrent week, per membership."

Looking back at my history, I ended up getting 7 weeks and did it via:
3 Getaways
1 deposited week
1 2 for 1 (xyz)
2 ACs

sjsharkie

TUG Member
Reaction score
Ditto back in 2014 at Imperial Palms - it is on the fine print. I have a mandatory account with Interval paid for by Starwood as well as one I pay for on my own, so I booked 4 units through those two avenues. Unfortunately, I only was able to get my plat discount on 3 of them since I had to split the reservations between accounts.

Good luck!

-ryan

tschwa2

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
A few in S and VA, a single resort in NC, MD, PA, and UT, plus Jamaica and the Bahamas
It has been a few years as the two other posts indicated. It sounds like it isn't automatically blocked but can be cancelled any time if you go over. I don't think you are going to get written confirmation specifically allowing more than 3 with a single interval account. Your best bet maybe to have another (friend or family) use a different interval account to book the additional getaways.

Michelle731

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Lawrence Welk
Interval has locked my account until I cancel 2 of the rooms. I don't have any other options myself, so polling my friends who may have an II membership.

Saintsfanfl

TUG Member
Reaction score
I'm surprised they don't just cancel them for you. I guess they want you to choose which ones? By default it should be the two most recent.

Anyway II obviously care more than Marriott but that restriction is there for a reason and I don't think it's by II because they don't have the same restriction at other high rated properties.

Saintsfanfl

TUG Member
Reaction score
You can easily get around the restriction by having a another II member book the additional getaways for you. II even lets you put in someone else's credit card for payment.

sjsharkie

TUG Member
Reaction score
I'm surprised they don't just cancel them for you. I guess they want you to choose which ones? By default it should be the two most recent.

Anyway II obviously care more than Marriott but that restriction is there for a reason and I don't think it's by II because they don't have the same restriction at other high rated properties.
I assumed it was because they don't want a whole convention (for example) renting out the resort on the cheap. I also think II wants its extra membership $.

Saintsfanfl

TUG Member
Reaction score
I assumed it was because they don't want a whole convention (for example) renting out the resort on the cheap.....

What bugs me about that motivation is the getaways have already been paid in full at full maintenance fees by the real owners. The getaway price is an exchange value plus markup between II and the owner and is above and beyond the maintenance fee bill. The resort is whole. I get it though, Marriott.com wants to limit their competition, or at least that's what it seems.

dioxide45

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Sheraton Vistana Villages
Club Wyndham CWA
It is ultimately II that enforces the policy not the resort. That is why they locked the account and I sm surprised that the rep that called didn't have you cancel two of them right then. The good thing about DSV is I think you could book two units at I and three at II?

BJRSanDiego

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Sands of Kahana, Desert Springs I, DSV2, Shadow Ridge Enclaves Dlx
It is ultimately II that enforces the policy not the resort. That is why they locked the account and I sm surprised that the rep that called didn't have you cancel two of them right then. The good thing about DSV is I think you could book two units at I and three at II?
That is a very good point. If that didn't work the OP could alternatively try booking some units at Shadow Ridge.

icydog

TUG Member
Reaction score
Have you been adding your exchanged weeks to your Marriott account? Call Marriott (888) 682-4862. Give them the confirmation numbers and have them add the weeks to your Marriott Rewards Account. If any of them were canceled you'd be able to find out from the Marriott Rep. If not, I'd say you were good to go!