TUG MEMBERS: Joining TUG does not automatically register you as a user of the TUG Bulletin Board. You must register yourself.

*ads are disabled when logged in*
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 23 years! Join the tens of thousands of other owners here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered!
  3. Sign up to get the TUG Newsletter for free! Join tens of thousands of other owners who get this every week! Latest resort reviews and the most important topics discussed by owners during the week!
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Follow the TUG Member Banner as it travels the world on vacation with Timeshare owners! Also sign up to get the banner sent to you so you can submit a photo of your vacation with the banner to share with TUG! Banner Thread
    Dismiss Notice
  5. A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!
    Dismiss Notice
  6. For any of you worried about seeing the "connection not secure" message in your web browser when visiting TUG, rest assured that TUG is no more or less secure than it always has been! read more details here in this thread
    Dismiss Notice

New Orleans Flooding

Discussion in 'US - Central States Timesharing' started by slip, Aug 11, 2017 at 10:32 AM.

1. slip

slip TUG Review Crew: Veteran TUG Member

Resorts Owned:
    Pono Kai, 20 wks: Maui Schooner, 1 wk EOY
    I had to travel to Detroit this week for work and before I left there were flooding issues in NOLA. Does anyone have any current information. We are going for the first time next Friday, 8-18-17. I'm in the airport now and am boarding soon to get back home but I wondered if anyone was there is week or has been following the issues there.

We're staying at Maison Pierre Lafitte in Canal street. TY

2. slip

Resorts Owned:
    I got a call from the resort when I got home and they said they were fine, no issues. I checked the weather and it was calling for more rain but not all day and the percentages on some of the days before our trip and some were pretty small.

Looks better for the week we are there too. First time there DW is really excited, she picked this trip.

taffy19 likes this.
  3. chapjim

chapjim TUG Member

Why not call MPL? They are right there! (504) 527-5800

4. VegasBella

VegasBella TUG Member

Resorts Owned:
    Carlsbad Inn
    Avenue Plaza
    Riviera Beach & Spa
    Well, I know that pumps that were supposed to be working were not and a lot of people are angry and there are comparisons being made to Katrina. I know certain parts of the city have been severely damaged.

Headline from today: "New Orleans pumps crisis and state of emergency: Latest updates"
    http://www.nola.com/politics/index.ssf/2017/08/new_orleans_pumps_flooding_sta.html#incart_breaking

But if the resort says their area is fine then I bet it is. Most of the touristy areas are located high enough that they don't get serious flooding. BUT... this is still hurricane season right now and the recent news is that NOLA simply cannot handle anything above average rainfall. So... proceed with caution and heed any evacuation orders immediately.

I am currently reading Five Days at Memorial. OMG

5. slip

Resorts Owned:
    I couldn't call because I was out of town and whenever I had time it was too late. I did call when I got back and they did say they were fine. I was wondering about the other areas of the city though. I'm still traveling for work and I only have time to check TUG once in a while. :thumbup:

6. VegasBella

VegasBella TUG Member

Resorts Owned:
    Carlsbad Inn
    Avenue Plaza
    Riviera Beach & Spa
    The city of New Orleans launched a website that helps people track auto accidents and flooding. Should give you an idea of which parts of the city are safe to travel

http://streetwise.nola.gov/

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk