• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

New "owner update" speil

comicbookman

TUG Member
Reaction score
At new Orleans LA Belle Maison. Was just told platinum VIP can now call within discount with window and previously made reservations will be discounted and extra points refunded. . And the person said it with an absolutely straight face.

nicemann

TUG Member
Reaction score
At new Orleans LA Belle Maison. Was just told platinum VIP can now call within discount with window and previously made reservations will be discounted and extra points refunded. . And the person said it with an absolutely straight face.

Assuming he left out the cancel and rebook part and the possibility of loosing the reservation. Amazing what they will say.

comicbookman

TUG Member
Reaction score

actually he claimed that this was available without having to cancel and rebook. My daughter wanted to attend, she likes to watch me confront them on their lies. She finds it entertaining.

vacationhopeful

TUG Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Member
Reaction score
Poorly trained and illiterate to boot, no doubt. When these sales persons take the job, they are supposely holders of a state real estate license.

But then again, I call the Members' Directory, the pretty picture book of the resorts.

whitewater

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Club Wyndham Access
Pueblo Bonito Sunset Beach (1Br, 2Br)
Pueblo Bonito Sunset Beach - Monte Cristo Estates
just checked in and heard - no longer able to book using online system. come and get packet to setup new website so you can continue to book. without which - not able to book at the end of March......

Told him I already had user name and access. Guys face after that was priceless.

Loosers

nicemann

TUG Member
Reaction score
just checked in and heard - no longer able to book using online system. come and get packet to setup new website so you can continue to book. without which - not able to book at the end of March......

Told him I already had user name and access. Guys face after that was priceless.

Loosers

LOL that one is good. I just checked in about 2 hours ago. My wife could not join us on this trip so it's me a and 4 year old. Was told from the parking lot desk they could not try to sell me anything because it is Nevada state law both couples must be present. They offered for me to take my son with me to breakfast tomorrow morning so I can ask them questions. Figured for $75 and we didn't have plans that early in the morning why not. Once they get into the sales speak I will have to cut them off. I like messing with them anyways. Will make sure I tell them I bought resell and will only do that in the future when I first meet with them. Then they can trash how bad that is. Makes me smile.

BellaWyn

TUG Member
Reaction score
LOL that one is good. I just checked in about 2 hours ago. My wife could not join us on this trip so it's me a and 4 year old. Was told from the parking lot desk they could not try to sell me anything because it is Nevada state law both couples must be present. They offered for me to take my son with me to breakfast tomorrow morning so I can ask them questions. Figured for $75 and we didn't have plans that early in the morning why not. Once they get into the sales speak I will have to cut them off. I like messing with them anyways. Will make sure I tell them I bought resell and will only do that in the future when I first meet with them. Then they can trash how bad that is. Makes me smile.
Hold the line on getting what the parking pass desk promises you. Sales is notrious for refusing to pay out on those promises because all the "rules" are not followed. There is often a disconnect between the two areas and sales has no problem always blaming the parking pass people for being too new or uninformed. Then it becomes a battle to force their hand. They will do it but they like to make it uncomfortable.

Good luck and have a good time.

nicemann

TUG Member
Reaction score
Hold the line on getting what the parking pass desk promises you. Sales is notrious for refusing to pay out on those promises because all the "rules" are not followed. There is often a disconnect between the two areas and sales has no problem always blaming the parking pass people for being too new or uninformed. Then it becomes a battle to force their hand. They will do it but they like to make it uncomfortable.

Well I made sure I did my math before I went there this morning. Now all of the information below my not be 100% but it worked for me. In and out in 15 minutes. After I told him my figures he said no reason to waste either of our time. Gave me the paper and told me the way to the gifting table. Saved myself 30 minutes this morning. Nice easy $75.

My current stay information:
2 Bedroom Deluxe 96,000 for four non weekend nights (full point price)
Paid $320 rental from a VIP here on TUG, $3.33 a thousand points. They were able do the free room upgrade and 50% off points.
Even if I could not get the free room upgrade 1 bedroom 64,000 points.
With paying $320, comes to $5 per thousand.
Currently paying $6.15 per thousand for MF and program fee for my CWA.

Let's estimate cost of $150 per 1k in developer points. Means I should have $48k for my purchase. I paid $1,925 all in for my 275k in points. That is $7 a thousand. Savings of $46k. I know there is cheaper prices out there but I wanted to buy from someone here on TUG to help guide me.

I could take this same vacation 144 times and break even renting from the same seller for $320. (Long shot I know but figured it sounded great when giving him numbers).

Cost to rent $8 per 1k for points from Wyndham. HK $2.25 per credit. So worse case scenario paying $4.10 more ($10.25 - $6.15). I can rent 11,219,512 points (with housekeeping credits) for the $46k plus my current MF. Take this same vacation for 116 times and pay full points with no VIP discounts. (Of course it would take 40 years to do that since I don't believe I can rent more points in a year then I own).

For total cost for renting points and HK, $10.15 per 1k I would get 4,532,019 in points for the exact out of pocket as buying at $150k at developer. So that means 47 of these same trips with $0 additional out of pocket since we paid resell for our contract.

Funniest thing is before he cut me loose he did told me he couldn't even get me close to the $150 price. He said the current MSRP is $315 per 1k and best he has seen recently approved is $160 but that was for a very larger amount of points. Not for another 250k. Best they could probably do is $190 for the smaller contracts. I couldn't help but laugh because he made my figures even better.

BellaWyn

TUG Member
Reaction score
Really nice job pulling those numbers together for sales. :thumbup:

There will always be developer sales that happen because of the shear volume that Wyn has invested in their marketing and sales effort. But there will always be the available aftermarket contracts that can still get people to lovely locations and in great accommodations. For all of the people that tell us we are crazy for owning TS's, this is a classic example of why we hang on to them.

Nicemann, your learning curve is shorter than most. But then, not everyone gets the benefit of finding TUG pre-developer purchase. Seems it has served you well in very short order. :whooopie:

happyhopian

Reaction score

the last time I went (and the time the put me on the do not tour list). They told me I could not get my $200 because my wife was not with me, even though I had the yellow slip from the parking lot attendant with my reservation time and I had her write on there no spouse next to the $200. He said she broke the rules, to which I very loudly said - 'so this is all a fraud'. The room went silent and I whispered. I'll get louder the next time I have to say it. Do NOT let these people bully you. The last thing they want is a scene. They will pay money just to have you leave. I once say a woman start screaming at a salesman for calling her a cheapskate and tore into him until three managers/closers surrounded them. I later saw her by the pool and she told me the manager not only apologized but gave her two $250 vouchers.

These folks can more fun than going to a car dealership just to test drive cars.

happyhopian

Reaction score
I'll also give you one more hint. What will get you out FASTER than anything you can do without raising your voice??????

Turn on a video camera and point it at them asking them to repeat the part about cancel / rebook...off to gifting

nicemann

TUG Member
Reaction score
Really nice job pulling those numbers together for sales. :thumbup:

There will always be developer sales that happen because of the shear volume that Wyn has invested in their marketing and sales effort. But there will always be the available aftermarket contracts that can still get people to lovely locations and in great accommodations. For all of the people that tell us we are crazy for owning TS's, this is a classic example of why we hang on to them.

Nicemann, your learning curve is shorter than most. But then, not everyone gets the benefit of finding TUG pre-developer purchase. Seems it has served you well in very short order. :whooopie:

Yeah I am addicted to this forum now. Reading it several times a day even if I know the topic is not something that is going to effect me.

As for a sucker born every minute, not exactly close with my parents but today's my birthday and my step-mom messaged me telling happy birthday and hope I have fun today. Told her I am, with my son in my Wyndham Timeshare and she informed me my dad bought one a few months back. That he bought it directly from the presentation. He use to be a really frugal guy and I guess being up there in years he doesn't have too much fight left in him. I can appreciate him wanting to enjoy life, just sad they got him. She was not sure of how many points he got but only paid $17k. So I am sure it is a very small contract. Told her if they decided they want more points to let me know and I can help guide them.

Jan M.

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Presidential Reserve at Panama City Beach
Club Wyndham Access
Grandview Las Vegas and Discovery Beach Resort - Both in RCI Points
Woodstone and Summit at Massanutten - Both in RCI weeks used as Wyndham PICs
Yeah I am addicted to this forum now. Reading it several times a day even if I know the topic is not something that is going to effect me.

As for a sucker born every minute, not exactly close with my parents but today's my birthday and my step-mom messaged me telling happy birthday and hope I have fun today. Told her I am, with my son in my Wyndham Timeshare and she informed me my dad bought one a few months back. That he bought it directly from the presentation. He use to be a really frugal guy and I guess being up there in years he doesn't have too much fight left in him. I can appreciate him wanting to enjoy life, just sad they got him. She was not sure of how many points he got but only paid $17k. So I am sure it is a very small contract. Told her if they decided they want more points to let me know and I can help guide them.

Happy Birthday a day late!

It is coming up on three years ago that we treated my husband's sister and some of their friends to Ocean Boulevard in a 3 bedroom oceanfront unit. They loved it and their friends were impressed. They went to a sales presentation and signed everything to buy 154,000 points for something like $17k. They called us that evening all excited and we hated raining on their parade but after talking to us they rescinded. I told them about resale on eBay and TUG but they ended up not buying anything because my sister-in-law and her SO have both had some pretty serious health problems since then. Her birthday is the end of this month and we offered to pay for their flights and if they didn't want to stay with us then I would have booked them a unit at Sea Gardens or Palm-Aire both of which are only 15-20 minutes from us depending on traffic but he ended up needing more surgery. It is a darn good thing they got out of that sale

We are staying at Reunion this week with our 5 year old granddaughter. My husband checked us in and he let them sign him up for the sales presentation at the end of the week. Boy did he get the stink eye from me before he had a chance to even say he would cancel! He didn't want to just unplug the phone like we normally do because his brother and SIL were driving up from Stuart to spend some time with us since we have the extra bedroom and bathroom. Reunion is pretty confusing to navigate your first time and he was pretty sure they would get lost despite his directions which they did. His brother and SIL aren't very tech savvy, they still have a flip cell phone, and he worried they would call the unit instead of one of our cell phones!

luvNMB52

TUG Member
Reaction score
actually he claimed that this was available without having to cancel and rebook. My daughter wanted to attend, she likes to watch me confront them on their lies. She finds it entertaining.

We heard same thing at Ocean Blvd in January.... that VIP owners will automatically get the discounted point amount at the appropriate discount window with extra points returned to account. They told us this will start when the new system becomes active.

nicemann

TUG Member
Reaction score
Still amazed how many people sign up. This is my third day at this location. The sales offices are right next to the cafe so I have to walk by them when we grab something to eat. There has not been a time I haven't walked by in the morning or the afternoon when marks were not smiling and talking about how happy they were with the deal. Lot's of offices so hard for me not to hear at least one. Maybe I just have had good luck. Really wish I could stick my head in the office and tell them to run but I wouldn't do that to the sales staff. Now if I see people later that I know just bought I won't mind mentioning resell then.

Wonder what their conversion rate is for each person they talk to. They do a lot of tours here at the Desert Grand. With a 4 year old we have spent a lot of time in the activity center and they always have tours coming in and out of there.

nicemann

TUG Member
Reaction score
We heard same thing at Ocean Blvd in January.... that VIP owners will automatically get the discounted point amount at the appropriate discount window with extra points returned to account. They told us this will start when the new system becomes active.

Yeah same thing at the Grand Desert yesterday. Within my 15 mins with the sales rep she said she is positive I will get my points refunded for the discount of the VIP level. That I could call and they would do if it was within the timeline. No need for cancel rebook. Funny. Then again she said my resell points can count toward the 400k needed for silver VIP level and I corrected her on that. She said she would have to research who was right. She knew before I even started talking to her that they were "secondary market" points so not an issue of me getting lucky and my points coming across as developer.

Jan M.

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Presidential Reserve at Panama City Beach
Club Wyndham Access
Grandview Las Vegas and Discovery Beach Resort - Both in RCI Points
Woodstone and Summit at Massanutten - Both in RCI weeks used as Wyndham PICs

I was told this same thing at Star Island two years ago. Recycled lies. My reaction then and now is that I will have to see it to believe it! That was when I vowed no more updates. I also vowed that it was the very last time I would politely keep my mouth shut when I heard obvious bs. My stance henceforth will always be," If you can't show it to me in an official document from Wyndham that I can take with me then it isn't true and you know it!"

Roger830

TUG Member
Reaction score
Really wish I could stick my head in the office and tell them to run but I wouldn't do that to the sales staff. Now if I see people later that I know just bought I won't mind mentioning resell then.

Wonder what their conversion rate is for each person they talk to. They do a lot of tours here at the Desert Grand. With a 4 year old we have spent a lot of time in the activity center and they always have tours coming in and out of there.

It's not likely that Wyndham could exist in it's present form if they only had resales. Timeshares are mostly sold not bought.

The website "Inside the Gate" talks about the industry. The industry wide standard is about 20% of the prospects are sold contracts.

nicemann

TUG Member
Reaction score
It's not likely that Wyndham could exist in it's present form if they only had resales. Timeshares are mostly sold not bought.

The website "Inside the Gate" talks about the industry. The industry wide standard is about 20% of the prospects are sold contracts.

Humm seems like they are actually higher then that at least at this location from my short time in the area. Thanks will have to check out that website.