• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

NEW "US Customs Passport App" --- Breeze through Customs

Icc5

TUG Member
Reaction score
Used this after a 15 day Panama Canal Cruise in Fort Lauderdale,Florida and it got us out roughly 45 minutes before others that were lined up way in front of us. There it worked great in customs if you had it on an Android phone. For some reason at the time it wasn't working on Apple phones.
We had set it up at home before our trip but needed help from one of the women there to show us the next step that we didn't know we needed to do.

m4travels

TUG Member
Reaction score
We've been using it for about a year now and love it. We had one slight hiccup when our airline wasn't listed when we flew into Miami but we were still able to breeze through. Really nice that it is being used at Port Everglades for cruises.

dioxide45

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Sheraton Vistana Villages
Club Wyndham CWA
Port Everglades is also the one cruise port that has Global Entry.

jehb2

TUG Member
Reaction score
I did not know about this. Thank you so much. Last trip from Europe we were selected to go through the kiosk in customs. It was so fast. It appeared that we were randomly selected. But I don't know for sure. That really spoiled me.​

suzanne

Tug Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Member
Reaction score
Drats, none of the airports I use are listed. Hopefully more will be added.
Suzanne

dioxide45

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Club Wyndham CWA
Drats, none of the airports I use are listed. Hopefully more will be added.
Suzanne
The only airport that matters is the first one you fly through when returning to the USA, not necessarily your home airport. Most of the major entry ports are listed.

Luanne

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Maui Lea at Maui Hill
San Diego Country Estates
Too bad they don't have any Canadian cities listed (as least I didn't see any) since that is where you clear Customs when you return from Canada.

dioxide45

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Club Wyndham CWA
Too bad they don't have any Canadian cities listed (as least I didn't see any) since that is where you clear Customs when you return from Canada.
Doesn't look like any cities where they have pre-clearance. Of course, if you have Global Entry or Nexus you could use that at the Canadian airports.

Luanne

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Maui Lea at Maui Hill
Doesn't look like any cities where they have pre-clearance. Of course, if you have Global Entry or Nexus you could use that at the Canadian airports.
I do have Global Entry. It works just great.

dioxide45

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Club Wyndham CWA
I don't think Mobile Passport really provides any benefit over Global Entry, perhaps just not having to stop at the kiosk unless you can somehow link Mobile Passport with your KTN?

Luanne

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Maui Lea at Maui Hill
I don't think Mobile Passport really provides any benefit over Global Entry, perhaps just not having to stop at the kiosk unless you can somehow link Mobile Passport with your KTN?
I was just thinking of those who don't have Global Entry. I will admit I didn't read up on this mobile app (since I do have Global Entry), but I'm assuming it's free, or at least a lot less than the price of Global Entry. Although it won't do anything to get you TSA PreCheck.

dioxide45

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Club Wyndham CWA
I was just thinking of those who don't have Global Entry. I will admit I didn't read up on this mobile app (since I do have Global Entry), but I'm assuming it's free, or at least a lot less than the price of Global Entry. Although it won't do anything to get you TSA PreCheck.
It is free. It just helps to expedite customs and immigration reentry.

x3 skier

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Steamboat Grand, The West,
Raintree and, formerly, The Allen House
GE is "free" if you have a credit card that reimburses the fee. Of course the credit card has a fee, so GE is not absolutely free. OTOH, GE comes with TSA PreCheck so the package "price" is ok by me.

Cheers

Luanne

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Maui Lea at Maui Hill
GE is "free" if you have a credit card that reimburses the fee. Of course the credit card has a fee, so GE is not absolutely free. OTOH, GE comes with TSA PreCheck so the package "price" is ok by me.

Cheers
I don't have a credit card that pays the GE fee. I paid it myself and it's been worth every single penny. :thumbup:

Helios

TUG Member
Reaction score
GE is worth every penny. Even better when you get it covered by your credit card.