• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

No more Hershey's chocolate macadamia nut kisses

Mary W

TUG Member
Reaction score
I am sad that Hershey's is no longer making their chocolate macadamia nut kisses. We used to buy a couple of big bags of them at Costco and then make "treat bags" for co-workers and friends when we returned from Hawaii. They enjoyed them because they weren't available on the mainland.

Here's what I found out after I unsuccessfully searched Costco, Wal-Mart, and Long's for them:

In January 2015, Hawaiian Host, a maker of chocolate-covered macadamia nuts reached an agreement to acquire Mauna Loa from The Hershey Company. With the sale of Mauna Loa to Hawaiian Host, the Hershey’s Kisses with Macadamia Nuts under the Mauna Loa name are no longer available.

I know my co-workers will be disappointed!

clifffaith

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Worldmark
I just shrieked NOOOOOOO!!!!!! out loud when I saw the title of your post. The last two years I've gifted Honolulu Cookie Co shortbreads, but in years past the Kisses were definitely a great souvenir gift to bring back.

Slinger

TUG Member
Reaction score
Well that's a major bummer!

taterhed

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Westin WKORV OFD
Marriott's Grande Vista
Worldmark x2
SVV Bella 81k
boo hoo. there go my goodie bags: kisses and a few of the mini-macs.

dang:mad:

cgeidl

Tug Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Member
Reaction score
Try Costco for macadamia Carmel chocolate

In the huge Costco container and you may never again miss the Hershey's.

Kona Lovers

TUG Member
Reaction score
Hershey chocolate tainted macadamia nuts anyway. Hawaiian Host's proprietary chocolate recipe has always been better.

rthib

TUG Member
Reaction score
If you have ever had real chocolate (or even most mars chocolate like dove) you will never be able to eat that dark waxy substance that Hershey calls chocolate.

Last edited:

pedro47

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Carmel cholocate nuts at Costco are OK? But t:doh:hey are not the same As the Hershey Cholcate nuts..

waj80831

Reaction score
At first we were also very sad as we always bought our kisses at the Navy Exchange at Pearl Harbor. We found out that the Mauna Loa chocolate covered macadamias were just as good. Made by the same company on the Big Island and the nut is bigger.

BocaBoy

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Grand Chateau
If you have ever had real chocolate (or even most mars chocolate like dove) you will never be able to eat that dark waxy substance that Hershey calls chocolate.
I love "real chocolate" and also Dove, but I also never turn down Hershey's chocolate either. Sometimes second best will do the trick, and I have always thought the Hersey's macadamia nut kisses were anything but second best. Even my wife, who generally does not like Hershey's chocolate, loved their macadamia nut kisses.

taffy19

Reaction score
This is our favorite chocolate bar now. We first noticed it in Mexico a few years ago and is delicious after dinner with some red wine left from during dinner. We introduced our Mexican friends to it and everyone likes it as much as we do.

One of the snowbird couples brings it to Mexico now every year because it is much cheaper than buying it over there. Her Walmart store carries it but I can't find it here online.

Does anyone know where to buy this at a halfway reasonable price and has anyone tried it?

We normally just buy the Trader Joe's chocolate but I prefer the Lindt chocolate with a touch of sea salt. :)