TUG MEMBERS: Joining TUG does not automatically register you as a user of the TUG Bulletin Board. You must register yourself.

*ads are disabled when logged in*
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 23 years! Join the tens of thousands of other owners here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered!
  3. Sign up to get the TUG Newsletter for free! Join tens of thousands of other owners who get this every week! Latest resort reviews and the most important topics discussed by owners during the week!
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Follow the TUG Member Banner as it travels the world on vacation with Timeshare owners! Also sign up to get the banner sent to you so you can submit a photo of your vacation with the banner to share with TUG! Banner Thread
    Dismiss Notice
  5. For any of you worried about seeing the "connection not secure" message in your web browser when visiting TUG, rest assured that TUG is no more or less secure than it always has been! read more details here in this thread
    Dismiss Notice

NYC - lodging option

Discussion in 'US - Eastern States Timesharing' started by slomac, Jan 9, 2017.

1. slomac

slomac TUG Member

Hi All,
    I am hoping you can help. I am taking my girl scout troop to NYC this June. There will be 7 of us total. We looked into VRBO but right now they are not allowing short term rentals in NYC. I looked into hotels and the cheapest is $550 per night for the 2 rooms we would need. I have RCI week points and II units I would trade for something or I would rent if someone has a timeshare in NYC they would rent to us for 4 nights for less than $550 per night. We are on a budget. Thanks

2. vacationhopeful

vacationhopeful TUG Member

Resorts Owned:
    Ft Lauderdale Beach, Wyndham Santa Barbara, Wyndham Royal Vista, Wyndham Sea Gardens, Wyndham Shawnee (Poconos)
    Before the mods .. alter your post. Wyndham has the Midtown 45 resort. While they have some 2 bdr units ... they might be limited to 6 persons. The Studios sleep 4 as do the 1bdr units. You would need an adult in each unit. RCI resort.

3. T-Dot-Traveller

T-Dot-Traveller TUG Member

Resorts Owned:
    Mayan Palace Regency
    FYI -There are less expensive hotels in NJ ( right across the river ) - and then you take the PATH tube (ie: the NJ - Manhattan subway )
    I have not done this - but know 2 different families that did & were happy with how it worked

4. Luanne

Luanne TUG Review Crew: Veteran TUG Member

Check out some of the serviced apartments. We've been staying at the Radio City Apartments. They have studio, one bedroom and two bedroom units.

wackymother likes this.
  5. wackymother

wackymother TUG Member

I live in northern NJ, just outside NYC. To use PATH, you need to be in Hoboken or Jersey City.

If you go a bit farther north, you can stay in Edgewater and take the NY Waterway ferry across to Manhattan; the ferry system has buses that meet you in Manhattan and take you to midtown for free. There's a brand-new Courtyard by Marriott right by the Hudson River and I believe they have a shuttle to the ferry. There's also a Homewood Suites in Edgewater and I think they have a shuttle, too.

Just remember to factor in the costs of taking the ferry--it adds up fast. There are also NJ Transit buses that go right by the hotels that can take you in to the Port Authority on 42nd Street.

6. wackymother

wackymother TUG Member

What are your dates?

7. e.bram

e.bram Guest

Try HOTWIRE.COM

8. Here There

Here There TUG Member

Book 2-3 dorm style rooms at the Westside YMCA asap as placeholders, which can be cancelled if something better materializes.

9. LannyPC

LannyPC TUG Member

Does anyone know how the tax on NYC lodging works such as percentage? Is there a difference between the tax charged on lodging in NYC and that of other places in NY state?