• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Official TUGBBS upgrade complaint/suggestion thread!

Status
Not open for further replies.

TUGBrian

Administrator
Reaction score
yes, i had to disable it again because it was yet again breaking the site.

theo

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
It is certainly a minor complaint, but beings a "facts-oriented" sort I wish that the new XenForo software identified any and all submissions with a simple and straightforward date and time "stamp".

I realize that references such as "yesterday", "52 minutes ago", "Friday", etc. can be deciphered easily enough, but specific and consistent date and time (e.g., vbulletin) involves no such need for interpretation. I'm frankly surprised that the software designers didn't simply (and consistently) just incorporate and adopt straightforward and precise dates and times for all entries instead of the assorted "verbal descriptions and references". :shrug:

Last edited:

TUGBrian

Administrator
Reaction score
it changes to a time and date after 48 hours I believe.

Makai Guy

Administrator
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Spicebush (Hilton Head Island)
It is certainly a minor complaint, but beings a "facts-oriented" sort I wish that the new XenForo software identified any and all submissions with a simple and straightforward date and time "stamp".

I realize that references such as "yesterday", "52 minutes ago", "Friday", etc. can be deciphered easily enough, but specific and consistent date and time (e.g., vbulletin) involves no such need for interpretation. I'm frankly surprised that the software designers didn't simply (and consistently) just incorporate and adopt straightforward and precise dates and times for all entries instead of the assorted "verbal descriptions and references". :shrug:
Doesn't appeal to me either.

Elli

TUG Member
Reaction score
not sure I follow you on this one? new posts should remain populated until you click the "mark all as read" link. (or unless you have read them)
Brian, I did click "mark all as read", but I don't have to do that every day, do I? On the old BBS I had the option of seeing posts for the last 2 days, 1 week, a month, etc. Has this option been deleted? You had to go to "options" to make that change. Elli

TUGBrian

Administrator
Reaction score
im pretty sure it still considers a thread as "new" if you havent actually visited it...once you read a thread it wont show up in that list anymore. clicking "mark all as read" will reset the list completely.

perhaps the "recent posts" link would be a better option for what you are looking for?

Passepartout

TUG Member
Reaction score
Tapatalk makes it appear that my username/password are not accepted by TUG. Down again?

Passepartout

TUG Member
Reaction score

Me too.

TUGBrian

Administrator
Reaction score
yes, we had to disable tapatalk again because of the problems it is causing to the forum itself.

no reply from their support at all today after sending them the latest errors.

TUGBrian

Administrator
Reaction score
annnnd back on again with another fix...fingers crossed.

NiteMaire

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott G. Château
HVC Sedona Summit
VVR The Colonies

Passepartout

TUG Member
Reaction score
perhaps the "recent posts" link would be a better option for what you are looking for?
This helps. To me, this is more like the vbulletin version. The new version has threads I have recently visited disappear(when I use 'New Posts) I like still seeing them, though lighter, so I know what threads I have visited whether I reply or not.

Elli

TUG Member
Reaction score
Brian, I did click "mark all as read", but I don't have to do that every day, do I? On the old BBS I had the option of seeing posts for the last 2 days, 1 week, a month, etc. Has this option been deleted? You had to go to "options" to make that change. Elli
im pretty sure it still considers a thread as "new" if you havent actually visited it...once you read a thread it wont show up in that list anymore. clicking "mark all as read" will reset the list completely.

In "recent posts" can I specify which forums I want to read in "recent posts" or does it always show all forums?

TUGBrian

Administrator
Reaction score
In "recent posts" can I specify which forums I want to read in "recent posts" or does it always show all forums?
I am pretty sure it shows all forums.

the way to accomplish what you are looking for would be to only "watch" the forums you want, then you should be able to access new posts using the "Watched forums" link above in the nav bar.

dioxide45

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Sheraton Vistana Villages
Club Wyndham CWA
In New Posts and Recent Posts, threads in forums that you follow will have a little pair of glasses on the right. I suspect it will also show that if it is a thread you are following.

TUGBrian

Administrator
Reaction score
added a new feature that allows you to ignore threads and forums from your "new posts" and "recent posts" watchlists.

you will find the links to these features at the top of the page in the navigation bar.

to ignore a thread or a forum, the option to do so is at the top right hand corner of the forum or thread in particular (right next to the watch forum/thread link)

Glynda

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Bluegreen Points Lodge Alley Inn.
Brewster Green (two weeks).
Ummm....I'm not seeing the "Mark Forums Read" option tab at the top of the page tonight. Has this changed today?

dioxide45

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Club Wyndham CWA
Ummm....I'm not seeing the "Mark Forums Read" option tab at the top of the page tonight. Has this changed today?
I am still seeing it in Chrome.

TUGBrian

Administrator
Reaction score

still there, maybe you recently clicked it? its the first link in the nav bar at the far left.

DaveNV

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Free Agent
added a new feature that allows you to ignore threads and forums from your "new posts" and "recent posts" watchlists.

you will find the links to these features at the top of the page in the navigation bar.

to ignore a thread or a forum, the option to do so is at the top right hand corner of the forum or thread in particular (right next to the watch forum/thread link)

I see those links, and agree they're helpful. But the placement messes with the orderly layout at the top of the screen. Can you move those two choices over by two to the left? It would put Forums and Threads You Ignore next to Watched Forums and Threads. That would put Recent Posts and New Posts at the end of the line to the right. That way, when somebody drops in for two seconds like I do, clicking New Posts is an easy thing, and they (ok, me), wouldn't have to hunt to find the New Posts and Recent Posts links. It's probably an OCD thing. ;)

Dave

Makai Guy

Administrator
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Spicebush (Hilton Head Island)
Do you have "Forums" selected in the top row? That gives you the forum-related links in the second row.

dioxide45

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Club Wyndham CWA
I see those links, and agree they're helpful. But the placement messes with the orderly layout at the top of the screen. Can you move those two choices over by two to the left? It would put Forums and Threads You Ignore next to Watched Forums and Threads. That would put Recent Posts and New Posts at the end of the line to the right. That way, when somebody drops in for two seconds like I do, clicking New Posts is an easy thing, and they (ok, me), wouldn't have to hunt to find the New Posts and Recent Posts links. It's probably an OCD thing. ;)

Dave
I would agree that those links are pretty prominent when they are probably going to be seldom used. Not sure if these could instead be moved to the User Name drop-down or something where they aren't taking up as much room in the menu bar.

Bucky

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Oceanwatch (2)
I'm not seeing the mark forums read button this morning either. Now my navigation bar starts with watched forums?

Status
Not open for further replies.