• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Official TUGBBS upgrade complaint/suggestion thread!

Status
Not open for further replies.

TUGBrian

Administrator
Reaction score
yep, tapatalk again causing problems...ive disabled it.

TUGBrian

Administrator
Reaction score
note that the message sent to your email is merely a notification...its not designed to provide the email address of the sender (nor is that even available)

Glynda

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Bluegreen Points Lodge Alley Inn.
Brewster Green (two weeks).
Thanks. The "Mark Forums Read" link is there tonight, Monday.

Makai Guy

Administrator
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Spicebush (Hilton Head Island)

On a related topic, why would this new system permit email notifications but not have the capability to handle replies via email?
Congratulations for actually seeing, reading, and comprehending that notice. You would not believe how many times I've already had to write to people who blindly replied to those notification emails thus sending replies they thought were private to the bbs admin address.

Nothing I've found in this new XenForo bbs software will reveal one user's email address to another user. For you to be able to reply directly to your private correspondent via email it would have to give you your correspondent's email address. That's why you must go back to your private conversation to enter your reply. It also is the only way to keep your conversation thread intact.

Last edited:

Richelle

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham National Harbor
Wyndham Canterbury
Wyndham Atlanta
Bay Club of Sandestin
Williamsburg Plantation

TUGBrian

Administrator
Reaction score
annnnd re-enabled today with another file fix from their support...fingers crossed again.

Richelle

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham National Harbor
Wyndham Canterbury
Wyndham Atlanta
Bay Club of Sandestin
Williamsburg Plantation

Ken555

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Westin Kierland
Sheraton Desert Oasis
Congratulations for actually seeing, reading, and comprehending that notice. You would not believe how many times I've already had to write to people who blindly replied to those notification emails thus sending replies they thought were private to the bbs admin address.

Nothing I've found in this new XenForo bbs software will reveal one user's email address to another user. For you to be able to reply directly to your private correspondent via email it would have to give you your correspondent's email address. That's why you must go back to your private conversation to enter your reply. It also is the only way to keep your conversation thread intact.

Similar systems I've used allow me to reply which is added to the correspondence in the system, as if I replied within the app itself. I don't want the senders email address, I only want to be able to email a reply to the message. These are not the same things.

And thanks! I'll tell Mom her insistence that I learn how to read continues to pay off. :)

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Makai Guy

Administrator
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Similar systems I've used allow me to reply which is added to the correspondence in the system, as if I replied within the app itself. I don't want the senders email address, I only want to be able to email a reply to the message. These are not the same things.
If so, it must have been through an add-on to the system, because there is no way to do that with XenForo as it comes out of the box.

NiteMaire

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott G. Château
HVC Sedona Summit
VVR The Colonies
annnnd re-enabled today with another file fix from their support...fingers crossed again.
Thanks...again! I'm not crossing my fingers; they're still hurting from the last several attempts :)

TUGBrian

Administrator
Reaction score
seems to still be stable after a full day!

rpw

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott's Ko Olina, Marriott's Maui Ocean Club
hmmm. Turns out I got dropped off after the upgrade. I used to get a nightly email showing new threads and updates to threads (and a separate email for threads that I was active in). How do I turn that back on? I seem to be getting every update or only when a new thread is started?

TUGBrian

Administrator
Reaction score
hmmm. Turns out I got dropped off after the upgrade. I used to get a nightly email showing new threads and updates to threads (and a separate email for threads that I was active in). How do I turn that back on? I seem to be getting every update or only when a new thread is started?

this is a feature of the "watched forums" and "watched threads" tools....

simply browse to the forum (or forums) you wish to "Watch" and click the link at the very top right hand corner of the forum itself that says "watch forum". this will add that forum to your watch list and you can choose the sort of notification you wish to receive when something new is updated.

you can also do this for individual threads as well.

rpw

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott's Ko Olina, Marriott's Maui Ocean Club
this is a feature of the "watched forums" and "watched threads" tools....

simply browse to the forum (or forums) you wish to "Watch" and click the link at the very top right hand corner of the forum itself that says "watch forum". this will add that forum to your watch list and you can choose the sort of notification you wish to receive when something new is updated.

you can also do this for individual threads as well.

That still doesn't seem to give me an option to get a daily summary, just lots of separate emails coming in all day. (trust me I have plenty of emails already in my inbox)

TUGBrian

Administrator
Reaction score
I do see a "daily digest" add on for xenforo that appears to do what you want, but it will only send the most popular 25 posts of the day, vs every single updated post each day.

taterhed

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Westin WKORV OFD
Marriott's Grande Vista
Worldmark x2
SVV Bella 81k
Thanks for fixing Tapatalk (again)

Also, I 2nd the value of being able to reply via email notification of Conversation (geez, I wish it was still 'PM'). Would be a great add-on

whitewater

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Club Wyndham Access
Pueblo Bonito Sunset Beach (1Br, 2Br)
Pueblo Bonito Sunset Beach - Monte Cristo Estates
anyway to add the my vacation history link like the old version had? I enjoyed that feature.

TUGBrian

Administrator
Reaction score
anyway to add the my vacation history link like the old version had? I enjoyed that feature.
the feature still exists, itll just take us a bit more customization to enable it to show up automatically under your avatar!

PamMo

TUG Member
Reaction score
I can't find a way to change/correct my thread title. Was the ability to do that removed, or have I just not figured it out? It used to be under More Options... when you went to edit your post.

MULTIZ321

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
BLUEWATER BY SPINNAKER HHI
ROYAL HOLIDAY CLUB RHC (POINTS)
I can't find a way to change/correct my thread title. Was the ability to do that removed, or have I just not figured it out? It used to be under More Options... when you went to edit your post.
Hi PamMo,

The feature is still there - Look to the upper Right hand side of the monitor above your thread title - you will see "Thread Tools" - click the drop down arrow, a menu choice will be edit title.

Hope this helps.

Richard

Makai Guy

Administrator
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
You can only edit a post for 48 hours. Under our former software, this included editing the thread title. I'm not sure if the title editing is included in the 48 hour limit in this software, but I expect it is.

PamMo

TUG Member
Reaction score
Hi PamMo,

The feature is still there - Look to the upper Right hand side of the monitor above your thread title - you will see "Thread Tools" - click the drop down arrow, a menu choice will be edit title.

Hope this helps.

Richard

That did it! Thanks, guys!

bbts

TUG Member
Reaction score
That did it! Thanks, guys!
I previously had the "Thread Tools" button at the top right of the page, but it has disappeared. [I still see it when on the FlyerTalk site.]

Is there a setting that I might have changed that caused me to lose those tools? Using Chrome on a Mac. Thanks!

dioxide45

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Sheraton Vistana Villages
Club Wyndham CWA
I previously had the "Thread Tools" button at the top right of the page, but it has disappeared. [I still see it when on the FlyerTalk site.]

Is there a setting that I might have changed that caused me to lose those tools? Using Chrome on a Mac. Thanks!
That option doesn't exist in XenForo. FlyerTalk is still using vBulletin. Depending on what you are trying to do, the same options are available elsewhere.

Marathoner

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
What is the exact difference between "New Posts" and "Recent Posts" under the Forum menu.

Status
Not open for further replies.