• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Official TUGBBS upgrade complaint/suggestion thread!

Status
Not open for further replies.

TUGBrian

Administrator
Reaction score
youd likely have to manually put in the quote tags to encapsulate the words in a quote format [quote.] [/quote.]

(minus the periods)

TUGBrian

Administrator
Reaction score
your signature is under your profile settings.

click your name at the top right hand corner, choose "signature" from the drop down menu.

MuranoJo

TUG Member
Reaction score
Thanks, Brian!
Testing again, hoping it works.

And...it does! :thumbup:

Bunk

TUG Member
Reaction score
Is there any easy way to print a thread which is more than one page or save it as a pdf?

There is a thread of more than one page that I would like to print or download as a pdf file. Do I have to print each page separately. Is there a way I can print the entire thread at one time (or save it all as a pdf file)

TUGBrian

Administrator
Reaction score
there is no way i know of to convert a page to a pdf, as that would require adobe software to actually create PDF files.

might be an add on i can find to allow the printing of an entire thread, but its not a built in feature that im aware of.

bbts

TUG Member
Reaction score
there is no way i know of to convert a page to a pdf, as that would require adobe software to actually create PDF files.

might be an add on i can find to allow the printing of an entire thread, but its not a built in feature that im aware of.
Brian,
Apart from the PDF question, if there is a multi-page thread that you wish to print and save, is there a way to do that without having to print each "page" of the thread separately? I recall the prior version of the software being able to do so, but I can't figure out how to do it now.

Thanks.

dioxide45

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Sheraton Vistana Villages
Club Wyndham CWA
The good thing about the prior software was that you could set it to show 75 posts per page. Making it much easier to print long threads. The current software only allows for 25 posts per page with no way to change it. Perhaps that is why you are thinking the prior software allowed for this. I don't recall any way in the prior version of vBulletin that allowed you to easily print multi page threads other than to print each page separately.

Chrome does allow you to save to PDF, but you would still have the issue with multi page threads. If there was some ability to increase the number of posts per page, I sure would like that even though I never print anything.

TUGBrian

Administrator
Reaction score
sadly the "posts per page" is a site wide setting now...this is done for linking purposes to ensure everyones "page 2" is the same as everyone elses etc.

DavidnRobin

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV OFD (Maui)
WPORV (Kauai)
WSJ-VGV (St. John)
WKV (Scottsdale)

When you go to Print - use Print as PDF for each page you want to convert. Then use software to combine the individual PDFs

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Makai Guy

Administrator
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Spicebush (Hilton Head Island)
When you go to Print - use Print as PDF for each page you want to convert.
Good advice, IF the browser one is using has this as an option in its print dialog. Many do not.

In many cases, one may have some other software that installed a print-to-pdf device driver already. If so, one could then print the page, telling the browser's print dialog to use that other installed pdf "printer" to create the file. I have several such drivers installed by such things as Quicken and several different pdf reading programs.

I've even got one called "Microsoft Print to PDF" that I never noticed before which came with Windows 10. When I tell my browser to print the page I'm viewing to "Microsoft Print to PDF" in the available printer list, it brings up a dialog where I choose where to save the file and what to name it.

Here's some info on printing to PDF via Windows 7, 8 or 10: http://www.digitaltrends.com/computing/print-pdf-windows/

DavidnRobin

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV OFD (Maui)
WPORV (Kauai)
WSJ-VGV (St. John)
WKV (Scottsdale)
Good point. I thought Print to PDF was pretty much standard.

TUGBrian

Administrator
Reaction score
well there we go...PDF lesson for the day! =)

Status
Not open for further replies.